the truck

Go down

the truck

Post  fc59 on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 9:42 pm

this is my daily drive it basically a tractor with licence plates but i like to hit the tracks when not working on the van or truck or the boat or what ever is broken in the driveway Evil or Very Mad

fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Re: the truck

Post  RAT BAG on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:28 am

Nice luxy. Ive got an older model one and theyre so much fun. especially in the winter.
RAT BAG
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:47 pm

one day when i get greedy and try and drive something i clearly shouldent and roll the old girl i wont to re cab it with a older shell like a early 80s hilux the ones with the jail bar fount end the photos where taken in midel of winter up mt airly nsw it was about 25c in winter on the other side of the great deviding range Suspect
fc59

Back to top Go down

Post  RAT BAG on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:11 am

ah yeh cool. I havnt really been on a big trip in mine. the old 2.4l diesel is a little slow haha. This winter though we are planning a few trips with the 4bys.

heres my old girl haha. Bought her for $1500 with rebuilt engine and box and new muddies at the time. paints faded, shes dinted up but makes it perfect for winter shananigans haha

RAT BAG

Back to top Go down

Post  Al510 on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:05 pm

Cool trucks, ya gotta love the Toyota's. I like to get out the bush for a play as well. Here is mine.

Its an 03 100 series diesel i bought off ebay. Its an ex mines car and it had a blown motor and no front and rear bars and missing a few other bits. I bought a second hand motor, built the bars, rebuilt the front diff and fitted front and rear diff locks and its pretty capable now. were taking it up the cape with a few others in June.

Cheers, Al.

Al510
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

Back to top Go down

Post  Al510 on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:20 pm

Here is another toy i used to have. It is a 07 DR650 that i bought new and fitted with a yz450 front end and fitted out for desert travel.
I crossed the Simpson desert 3 times unassisted on it. once from Alice to Birdsville, once from Oodnadatta to birdsville, both on the French line and once from Birdsville accross to Poeppel's corner, then north up the Hay river track to the plenty highway and accross to Alice. The last trip was about 700 km of desert between fuel and i started off with 65L of fuel, 20L of water plus camping gear and food. She was a handful in the sand. Twisted Evil
A grat adventure and a fantastic place. I will get back with my 4x4 one day.

Cheers, Al.

Al510

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:22 pm

RAT BAG wrote:ah yeh cool. I havnt really been on a big trip in mine. the old 2.4l diesel is a little slow haha. This winter though we are planning a few trips with the 4bys.

heres my old girl haha. Bought her for $1500 with rebuilt engine and box and new muddies at the time. paints faded, shes dinted up but makes it perfect for winter shananigans haha

$1500 Shocked bargan of the century it looks like through the mud that you have nsw plates if so where are you based im in west sydney we might have to go for a play in the mud one day

fc59

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 7:25 pm

Al510 wrote:Cool trucks, ya gotta love the Toyota's. I like to get out the bush for a play as well. Here is mine.

Its an 03 100 series diesel i bought off ebay. Its an ex mines car and it had a blown motor and no front and rear bars and missing a few other bits. I bought a second hand motor, built the bars, rebuilt the front diff and fitted front and rear diff locks and its pretty capable now. were taking it up the cape with a few others in June.

Cheers, Al.

i think you win a dezzil 100series with a live frount axel and coil overs
toyota wont ever make any thing as capible or cumfortable as the 80s and the 100s again

as far as the bike goes im cofuse by anthing with less than 4 wheels i dont understand how thay stay up right
fc59

Back to top Go down

Post  RAT BAG on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 10:10 pm

fc59 wrote:
RAT BAG wrote:ah yeh cool. I havnt really been on a big trip in mine. the old 2.4l diesel is a little slow haha. This winter though we are planning a few trips with the 4bys.

$1500 Shocked bargan of the century it looks like through the mud that you have nsw plates if so where are you based im in west sydney we might have to go for a play in the mud one day

yeh its a ripper truck mate. I love it. NSW plates are right. Im in Wagga Wagga.
RAT BAG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum