MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I turn an item off when I turn another on.

+3
fc59
blur1
master6
7 posters

Go down

How do I turn an item off when I turn another on. Empty How do I turn an item off when I turn another on.

Post  master6 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 1:50 pm

I want to run a 240 volt radio in my shed, to create increased "background noise", and have it turn off automatically when I start my angle grinder.
How do I do this?

master6
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

How do I turn an item off when I turn another on. Empty Re: How do I turn an item off when I turn another on.

Post  blur1 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 6:03 pm

you wont hear the radio when the grinder's going anyway, so just pretend in your mind that it's off. lol! 
blur1
blur1
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

How do I turn an item off when I turn another on. Empty Re: How do I turn an item off when I turn another on.

Post  master6 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 6:32 pm

blur1 wrote:you wont hear the radio when the grinder's going anyway, so just pretend in your mind that it's off. lol! 

The radio was just an example.

I want to turn one appliance/tool OFF, when I start another one.

As another example, I might want my aircompressor to turn off when I start a drill.

master6
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 8:28 pm

Short of flicking a switch i cant help youi had the same problem i just got the power upgraded
fc59
fc59

Back to top Go down

Post  big rob Sun 03 Aug 2014, 10:40 pm

I'm sure it can be done, but you need to talk to an electrician. It could be as easy as a device that each appliance is plugged into, (or may be a bit of a real pain in the ar#e). A decent electrician would be able to point you in the right direction.
big rob
big rob
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  master6 Mon 04 Aug 2014, 7:40 am

big rob wrote:I'm sure it can be done, but you need to talk to an electrician. It could be as easy as a device that each appliance is plugged into, (or may be a bit of a real pain in the ar#e). A decent electrician would be able to point you in the right direction.

Probably correct big rob. Question now becomes "where do I find a decent electrician?" I tried the electricians forum and found mostly idiots.

HOLD THE STONES PLEASE Very Happy 
Joking...............I am sure that there are many clever electricians.................and I will find one Smile 

master6
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Rohan Mon 04 Aug 2014, 9:23 pm

Other options could be electrical wholesalers in case there's an off the shelf item that will do the job, and I find the local Jaycar store have some obscure gadgets.... Good luck.
Rohan
Rohan
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2032!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Tue 05 Aug 2014, 12:26 pm

I've got my Bucket of Stones loaded and beside me!!  NoWay1 

With the diversity in Electrical Work there is a diverse range of Electricians who specialize in certain areas of the Trade.

Nothing is Impossible, but Miracles do take a little longer.

Your Brief is lacking in detail and ambiguous.  Provide a clear and concise Scope of Works and you'll get some Positive Results.  There are a few options available, just depends on how many $ you wish to spend.  Just remember if you spend Cheap you'll get a Cheap Product and a Cheap Job, the reliability and longevity of the installation will reflect this.

One option is to go with a Remote Control and fitting Units to the outlet or you could go full blown C'Bus or to a DDC System.

Simply switching an appliance on to turn another off sounds a problem without modification of the appliance.  Which appliance takes priority?

Anyway, back to the 4th paragraph.  Tease1

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  blur1 Tue 05 Aug 2014, 7:12 pm

Bad day hey Russ? lol! 
blur1
blur1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 05 Aug 2014, 10:08 pm

blur1 wrote:Bad day hey Russ? lol! 

Just another cranky electrician.......  Shocked   lmao lmao lmao