2014 Van-In

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2014 Van-In

Post  QUP on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 7:38 am

The weather man has been on his iPad and tells me the weekend weather will be minimums of 6 and day temps of around 24 and partly cloudy. Sounds like good weather!

I though it was about time for a thread in the events page to get us keen. So who's coming?

Last minute plans have seen us book in for the weekend (someone had the sads due to the van not going but I talked him into going. After reading the drivein antics how could we miss the get together!) The van is still in the shed with the bonnet up but the wagon will be packed and on the road Friday with the Barnes to get down Friday afternoon, hopefully not to late.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone. Best get out and starting cleaning the daily grime off this wagon today.

Back to top Go down

Re: Van In

Post  383 on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 5:12 pm

Good one Hayley and Dean. Me Me PICK Me we'll be there with bells on.
Van on Joe and Angelique. thumbsup
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2019!

Back to top Go down

Re: 2014 Van-In

Post  Bowtie383 on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 8:10 pm

That is great to see you guy's will still be attending Hayley,tell Dean not to forget his top hat he had on last year,I will be cruising into the Van In with Rob,Neil and Cherone and Jon Smoother not long now.

Regards Tony.
chev
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mully on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 10:15 pm

ONLY 2 days 9 hours and 48 minutes or
0.1 months 
0.3 weeks
2.4 days
2 weekdays
57 hours
3466 minutes
207976 seconds and decreasing
20791100 milliseconds and decreasing.
Mully
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2018!

Back to top Go down

Post  serendipity on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 4:43 am

we are excited!!! not long now.... burnout drool
serendipity

Back to top Go down

Post  agro on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 11:29 am

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip this weekend.
agro
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

Back to top Go down

Post  QUP on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:35 pm

Clean, clean, clean, polish, polish, polish - ahhh haven't packed yet.

1 day to go!

Back to top Go down

Post  QUP on Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:32 pm

Another excellent weekend and top show day. 38 vans at the show today and a good number of sedans, utes and wagons. Relaxing evening with everyone chilling around the vans. I will try and post a couple pics from the phone as a teaser before the professionals get home.

Back to top Go down

Post  QUP on Sun 05 Oct 2014, 10:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  garym on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 3:18 pm

Home at last did not want to leave our Majestic family, many thanks to Rusty and the organisers plus the hard workers who looked after us with the catering and the camp site .
My wife and I had a amazing week end .
Thanks
Gary and Gill .
garym

Back to top Go down

Post  QUP on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 9:01 pm

Just a recap to add to the Events forum;

Van In 2014
A late change of mind by a Vanless family saw us make the Albury trip with our usual accomplices tail-drafting us in their yellow Sandman.

Getting down to the Lake-side on Friday afternoon for a late setup and greeted by the MV family already in residence. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you view it we missed the welcome by Andrew’s sister but we heard she got around! However there was early banter from Darren and Ricky over Ford v Holden and we hadn’t even done the introductions yet! Ahh’ we were already ‘Home’! Karl had already roped in others to erect his Thunder Dome the night before so it was an easy setup for us. After the usual round of G’days and catchups and sign-in of paperwork it was a relaxing evening around the vans and a few new introductions.

Saturday came with an early start and breakfast by the Lake at sunrise. Those that were sleeping-in were awaken by the hum of Denise’s Sundowner in harmony with the sad song of lost cylinders from Dean’s EJ. After a bit of organisation we got on the road and made our way into Henri’s Bakery. Rob decided on a quick hose change for the Sparkly Easter Egg with the help of the local NRMA (and many onlookers). A few more Vans cruised in and parked much to the disgust of some of the locals who missed their favourite parking spots.

In was then a great cruise along the Freeway to Ettamogah Pub with about 30 odd Vans and a few other choice vehicles in the convoy. It was a great sight to see the trail of multi-coloured vehicles snaking around the roads and then across the end of Lake Hume on route to Tallangatta. The kids enjoyed playing spotto and corners on the way in the “Kids Wagon”. Ashy and Adele certainly did not like playing ‘corners’ or other road games when they hit a bit of high-road and shaved the bottom of their sump. They limped back to town for an oil top up and off to a mates to get the sump welded up.

A great lunch and van line up was had at the Blazing Stump and then back to base camp for a steady afternoon.

Andrew’s sister got her coconuts out and found a friend in Banana Man, what a couple! Darren B couldn’t help himself and found a few odd wires loose under Sam’s dash, it’s amazing what a shared toolbox can fix and at last the brakes lights worked! A bit of background music was supplied by a couple of young local guitarists which was then followed by a light and sound display, BBQ dinner and auction. Thanks must go out to all the sponsors and those that donated goods, also to Mully who organised a special presentation to the Founding Four. It was good to see them all in the one spot – sorry I missed that photo opportunity but I’m sure someone has one.

A few sore heads where on show the next morning before the show even started. A line up at the car wash for some and then into Hovell Park for another great day. Young Dean and the EJ finally rolled in on all 6 for a late start after the fishing was called off and the EJ decided it would wake up. The 38 vans certainly pulled in a crowd this year with a lot of people stopping for a look and chat. Also a great turn up of other vehicles which meant there was something for everyone. After the votes were tallied and the trophies awarded we found our way back to camp for a recap of the days events with a few drinks. Well done to the organisers for a well run day with everything running very smoothly.

Sunday night was a lovely dinner followed by general chatter around the fire or watching the footy. The kids enjoyed burning off some leftover energy with their new torches (thanks Cherone!). That left us to the pack up and clean up on Monday with the loading and loading and loading of Rusty’s ute. I didn’t see him leave but I think he squeezed in the gap Darren left for him behind the drivers seat. Pat on the back to the organisers and workers for another great few days.

Last edited by QUP on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:13 pm

thank you very much now i don't have to Wright up a summery of the weekend not that i could do it justice
it was the best van-in thank you EVERYBODY who helped from organization to set up cooking clean up and who simply turned up and ever body that helped when bluEJay wasn't feeling up to driving on Sunday morning No

i think her problem was just a bad batch of fuel from the cruse the day before i went digging and the first fuel filter has a thin browney red sort of liquid that is separate to the fuel in the bottom of the filter so i would say that was the problem because i put all my old ignition system back in down the to spark plugs and she is running like a dream i haven't checked the second filter its in a cow of a spot to get to but the third was clean and so was the fuel pump

but it wouldn't be a van in if bluEJay didn't misbehave i am three from three  Wink

also thank you to robert Viehbock for towing / speed testing my teardrop trailer home for me in fear that bluEJay might chuck a tantrum on the way home with the trailer on the back but i was sort of hoping she would then i wouldn't have had to go to work on Tuesday it wasnt like i didn't have any where to sleep  Smile

i only have three regrets
1 i don't own a real camera so i didn't get any photos of the weekend
2 i didnt get to go fishing
3 and most importantly that it is all over until next year Crying or Very sad
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 11:24 pm

Thanks for a great Recap Hayley! Very Happy 

I am still editing photos and will start sharing them on here in the next couple of days.

I will also make a start on the next issue of the club newsletter which will feature coverage of the Van-In.

Still getting over this years event... and looking forward to next year already!
HQVAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 12:23 pm

Thank you everyone especially Hayley for the Pics and VAN-tastic Write-Up.

I haven't thanked everyone for all their help as yet, frightened I might miss someone as there were so many that contributed at many different levels. That & I haven't found the time as yet.

What I have managed to do though is Book Hovell Tree Park, Book Lake Hume Angling & Social Club Hall & Grounds and request Sanctioning & Public Liability Insurance for the 2015 Event to be held over the NSW/Qld Labour Day Holiday Weekend.

I also moved the photos (861 of them) on my Camera from the SD Card to my PC last night. Now to edit them.

Will try to get back on top over the next few weeks.

Until then, please keep posting your Pics and Stories.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At the EASTER 2012, and the October 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 Van-Ins  
We Relived the 80's & Embraced the New Millennium!  
If you weren't there, You missed out on a few of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events since 2012!

The 2018 Van-In Albury/Wodonga #07 and Hervey Bay #03 will be from Friday 28th September to Monday 1st October!
Keep an Eye on this Forum for more updates.

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic & SA and pending Chapter in WA.

Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

http://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Van-In 2014 - Results

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 8:20 pm

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

Majestic Vanners Choice & Most Popular Wild Custom

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 8:26 pm

Andrew and Kerri McGuire's HZ van 'Serendipity' recipient of the 'Majestic Vanners Choice' and 'Most Popular Wild Custom' awards.

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

People's Envy (People's Choice)

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 8:34 pm

Darren & Lee Burns's super neat HQ van 'The Q' was awarded the 'Peoples Envy' (peoples choice) award at the Show and Shine.

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

Vanners Desire (Van Entrants Choice) & Engine Master (Most Popular Engine Bay/Driveline)

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 8:42 pm

Neil and Cherone Marshall's HZ van 'Angry Bird' recipient of the Entrants choice and Most Popular Engine Bay/Driveline awards at this year Van-In.

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

Born again Virgin (Most Popular Stock/Original), Extra Mile (Most Popular Display) and the coveted 'Legends Choice' award

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 8:49 pm

Phill Illfield's Lieschke Motors NRMA van won awards for Born again Virgin (Most Popular Stock/Original), Extra Mile (Most Popular Display) and the coveted 'Legends Choice' award chosen by Vanning Legend Steve Abbott.

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

'Spirit Of Fallen Vanners' (Headed for success)

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 8:54 pm

Dave Cooper picked up the 'Spirit Of Fallen Vanners' (Headed for success) award for his van 'VANZAC'.

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

'Apprentice Legend' (Most Popular U25 entrant)

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 8:58 pm

Dean Petley with his neat EJ 'BluEJay' was awarded the 'Apprentice Legend' (Most Popular U25 entrant).

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

'Most Popular Sandman'

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 9:02 pm

Rod and Jennifer Barnes's HZ Sandman was declared the 'Most Popular Sandman' at the Van-In.

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

'Most Popular Sundowner' & 'Longest Distance Travelled'

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 9:07 pm

Denis Cefarin's awesome XC Sundowner took out the 'Most Popular Sundowner' award. Denis also won the award for 'Longest distance travelled' coming from Taree for the event.

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

'New Millennium' (Most Popular Millennium Van)

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 9:47 pm

Mandy and Matt Harris's VF van 'Tigger' was awarded the 'New Millennium' (Most Popular Millennium Van) at this years Van-In.

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

'Most Popular Pre-HQ' and 'Most Popular Mild Custom'

Post  HQVAN on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 9:53 pm

Ashy and Adele's tough HR was the recipient of 'Most Popular Pre-HQ' and 'Most Popular Mild Custom'

HQVAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum