Hi guys, new here and hope you can help :)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hi guys, new here and hope you can help :)

Post  sinbin on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 12:28 am

Looks like the rocker covers and the braided radiator hose and red clamps have made the journey!
I'm sure other parts as well.

Be a nice one to restore and even better that the history is now known.

Regards, Smooth Cool
sinbin
Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  DionP on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 4:39 pm

SMOOTH.........YOU DA MAN. cheers cheers thumbsup This has the stuff on the donk I was hoping for as well as a few pic's. Thanks everyone for taking a interest and helping out. Now I will only bombard you with questions on what the hell do I do next Very Happy Will keep you guys updated on how she's going and the problems I run into, oh, and the ideas I "borrow" from perving at your rides. Thanks again guys cheers

DionP
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  sinbin on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 6:11 pm

Yeah not many Van's get passed me if they were part of the Vanning scene.

It is amazing how many pointers in the story match your description from the Glitter Poo MKII to the chrome diff and the stating of it being a Kingswood.

Anyway, glad we got to the bottom of it and hopefully you get it and put back on the road as a neat Van (similar to what it once was).

Regards, Smooth Cool
sinbin
Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  panoz78 on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 3:42 pm

Dion if you rebuild this van even half as good as
it used to be ,It will be an awesome van ... cheers
There are van's out there with bucket loads of chrome over them but for some reason this
one had me as a young bloke....
panoz78
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

http://cherone@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jabba on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 4:49 pm

Wow I'm totally shocked at some of the things I've read this afternoon after coming onto the forum for a look. Firstly I'm the individual who gave Arron Hay the thumb drive full of van pics, there were probably a 1000 of my own personal pics and a 1000 of other pics that I have saved over the years that I personally like to look at every now and then as I'm a car enthusiast and in particular like panel vans and Utes. I am a quiet person and very private and reserved and the reason I joined this forum back in 2013 was because I aspired to own and build a van one day and meet some nice people along the way who shared a similar interest to me. I may not own a van but I own a pretty cool old school ute called "Dazed & Confused", who's chassis was originally in the show van "Seducer" which I'm currently rebuilding. Yes I have saved numerous pics of vans from the Internet, but I personally try to refrain from posting these pics elsewhere (I may have on a handful of occasions) as I know that they are not mine. I gave Arron the thumb drive as he is passionate about vans and I really didn't think anything of it when I done so, I certainly didn't think that I was going to upset anyone. I have posted plenty of my own pics on this forum and I'm happy for anyone to use them as they wish, but that's how I feel about my pics and I shouldn't assume that other people think like me, error in my judgement. I also certainly don't think I'm a "dummy" and I have certainly never taken a photo of my computer screen as I am smart enough to click on my mouse button and press save. Sorry to those people that I have upset by doing this, I certainly meant no malice in doing so and in the future I'll be more thoughtful in what I do and how my actions can affect others. I think I'll just go back to posting nothing on here and just admiring things from afar if that's what people here want me to do. Hopefully one day I can meet a few of the people on here and then people can make judgement on my intellect and personality, I'll sure you'll be pleasantly surprised at my diverse conversation, knowledge of many things and very pleasant and helpful nature.

Regards
Jason Jablonski (Jabba)
Jabba
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 5:13 pm

Gidday Jason

Personally, I got over my pictures being pasted all over the Internet with no credit years ago. Once on the Net they are there for the World to see. It would be nice (Warm & Fuzzy Feeling) if it was acknowledged as to who took the pic.

Some of the Pictures on here have been used in Magazine Articles and Books, with full credits going to the people that took them. Vans that Rocked is one of them.

I too am a collector of all pics Vanning (as are many others on here) and I'm happy to share with others, hence all the pics I have posted on here and other Sites over the years.

I simply repeated what I was told about the source of the photos. I hope that didn't offend you as it was not the intent. As to it's accuracy, it may well be like Chinese Whispers and not quite what it started out to be. No one can deny Arron's enthusiasm.

Unfortunately the written word lacks emotion and can often come across with ill intent which is not intended.

I enjoy reading your posts and looking at the pictures you post on this Forum and hope that you continue to do so.

Feel free to call me if you would like to discuss further. I'll pm you my number, although it is easily found on this Forum.

Keep up your Great Work on restoring Dazed and Confused.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At the EASTER 2012, and the October 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Van-Ins  
We Relived the 80's & Embraced the New Millennium!  
If you weren't there, You missed out on a few of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events since 2012!

The 2017 Van-In Albury/Wodonga #06 and Hervey Bay #02 will be from Friday 29th September to Monday 2nd October!
Keep an Eye on this Forum for more updates.

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic & SA and pending Chapter in WA.

Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

http://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  sinbin on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 5:19 pm

Hi Jason,

Mate, don't get your knickers in a knot.
My reference to dummies wasn't directed at you. I didn't even know it was you (apart from you posting one of my pic's in this very thread).
It's the whole attitude of the Internet. I appreciate you posting pictures and have enjoyed them. The point Rusty was making and I concur with if your going to use/post somebodies photos as reference them please make sure you state it's not your photo and "if" you remember the owner credit them in the post.

Modifying a watermark is a big no, no. But I haven't seen any evidence of this from your collection. It's probably best if it is watermarked a sure sign the owner doesn't want it copied or used outside of the original post. That said, I can pretty much say that most of us collect photos and thus my statement of "surely nobody steals images off the Internet lmao " or similar.

That is why I stated that I am selective and reserved in what post. Because people re-post, modify or lay claim. I don't do facebook and I don't want my images anywhere near it (although I'm sure some are). If you upload something and post it it most likely will be "collected" to put it politely.

Enjoy and contribute and try and stay cool.

Regards, Smooth Cool
sinbin
Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jabba on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 6:46 pm

Rusty/Smooth, I have no problems with this forum or anyone on it, and I probably took some comments out of context as like Rusty said "unfortunately the written word lacks emotion". I hadn't been on here for a few days so I was a little surprised when I read it that's all. It is was it is and in the end who really cares about what's said and what's not said, I'm too old for that crap and life's too short. I just want to enjoy this forum for what it is and post some pics along the way of either vans or my ute's rebuild. (I certainly won't take credit for any that aren't mine, I learnt that lesson
Jabba
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 8:47 pm

I'm pleased you're staying with us Jason.

I'm looking forward to reading about and seeing more pics of your Builds. Twisted Evil

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

If you weren't there, You missed out on a few of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events since 2012!

The 2017 Van-In Albury/Wodonga #06 and Hervey Bay #02 will be from Friday 29th September to Monday 2nd October!

Rusty62TransAm

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

Back to top Go down

Post  panoz78 on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 9:29 pm

I apologise to everybody as it was me that upset everyone.I did not know who the original photographer was of these photos,and as I said earlier they where posted on FB and fitted the description of the van Dion was looking for..

Glad you have decide to stay Jason . I am enjoying the rebuild of Dazed & Confused !
Along with a very high interest in Dion's
panoz78
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

http://cherone@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jabba on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 10:37 pm

Everything is fine Neil, no need to apologise

Last edited by Jabba on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Originally didn't send entire reply)
Jabba
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Jabba on Sat 04 Feb 2017, 10:07 am

I like it here Neil and hope to meet people from here one day as we all share the same passion. I have plenty of updates for Dazed which I'll hopefully complete by next weekend as I've been busy with work and haven't had much time to work on Dazed. Updates include fitting re-upholstered seats and matching centre consol, new instrument panel, fitting new floor carpet,  fitting of windscreen wipers (Dazed hasn't had these in yrs but I'll need them when I go cruising), fitting new radiator with twin thermos, fitting of spinners on my turbines for that old school look, more matt black paint to be sprayed in the engine bay and spraying and fitting of my scolloped inner guards.
Jabba
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm on Sat 04 Feb 2017, 11:08 am

Great to see Dazed & Confused still progressing. My Projects always seem to take forever. (What was that Smooth?) Correction: They do take forever. lol!

I'm very interested in seeing your Scalloped Guards. I'll keep an eye on your Thread. whatsdownthere

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Rusty62TransAm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm on Sat 04 Feb 2017, 11:17 am

Next time I'm down Kurri Kurri way I'll give you a yell.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Rusty62TransAm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top