Introduce yourself Here!

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Post  AntVan on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 8:46 pm

Hi All,

Anthony here, and this is Harriot:

She's a little rough around the edges, but has been my only car for more than a decade and still puts a smile on my face every time I go for a drive. You all know what I mean, right?
I'm 38, live in Chelsea, Victoria, have no kids, currently seeing someone who wasn't raised in Aus and thus had no idea what the hell she was looking at when she first saw Harriot. She calls it my "perv car" and I'm not quite sure if I should take that as a compliment or not. At least it's better than "is that a hearse?" which is what most Americans say.
My previous car club folded, so I thought I'd touch base and maybe hang with some like minded peeps? Also looking for a new club but not sure how to go about doing it (I don't drive enough to warrant full rego) so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.
AntVan
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce yourself Here!

Post  HQVAN on Thu 19 Jul 2018, 8:45 pm

Hi Anthony,

welcome

Welcome to the Majestic Vanners Forum, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thank you for sharing Harriot, and we sure do know what you mean about driving a van putting a smile on your face!

Feel free to start a thread in the 'Your Van' section on here and share some more pics of your ride. Don't worry about it being a bit rough around the edges, we are all friends here and appreciate all vans. It is all about meeting like minded people and celebrating Panel Van culture.

Cheers,
Karl. Cool
HQVAN
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2018!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm on Wed 25 Jul 2018, 4:47 pm

Welcome aboard Anthony & Harriet.  welcome

Harriet looks to be quite the Sweetheart and I'm sure that you've enjoyed many a Good Time together. burnout

"Perv Car"!!!! lmao2 lmao2 lmao2 10o10

We have quite a few Members down your way.  Hopefully you'll be able to catch up with them for a Run or two and make it along to this year's Van-In in Albury/Wodonga.  I know that you will be most welcome to join in.

There is a Flyer in our Events Section and a Link to download the Entry Form.

Keep On Vannin'!

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

The 2019 Van-Ins will be: Albury/Wodonga #08 from Friday 27th to Monday 30th September; and Hervey Bay #04 from Friday 4th to Monday 7th October!
Keep an Eye on this Forum for more updates.

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

http://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  AntVan on Thu 26 Jul 2018, 9:06 am

Thanks guys. That Van-in sounds good. I've just found out that I need to do a bit of work on the car but it should be done by then. I'll put some more pics in the members ride section for those interested.

Anthony.
AntVan
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm on Thu 26 Jul 2018, 4:57 pm

You'll certainly have a Good Time at the Van-In and make a few new Friends along the way.

I look forward to checking out more Pics.

Good Luck with the Work you need to do on the Van.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

The 2019 Van-Ins will be: Albury/Wodonga #08 from Friday 27th to Monday 30th September; and Hervey Bay #04 from Friday 4th to Monday 7th October!
Keep an Eye on this Forum for more updates.

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

http://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  panoz78 on Sun 05 Aug 2018, 9:35 pm

Welcome Anthony & Hariot
After a decade of fun already,sounds like the work on the van is due.
I'm sure she'll look after you for another 10 and what a colour ,YELLOW MY FAVOURITE....
panoz78

http://cherone@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mully on Tue 21 Aug 2018, 8:05 pm

Welcome Anthony.
You couldn’t have joined a better club. Everyone here is friendly and only too willing to help.
I’m an old (ex) Chelsea resident too.
Mully

Back to top Go down

Another newbie

Post  Chopt B Today at 11:13 am

G'day,
Thought I better say hi & give a short introduction...
I'm Darryl & have a WB Panel Van that was chopped up in the early 90's & turned into this......

Since then, "Psycho" had a transformation & is now "The Phantom"

I think it's a lot easier on the eye now.

I must admit, before the purists say "how can you chop up a perfectly good panno", that I've only been the custodian for a few years.
Back then, for those that don't remember, vans were the great option to turn into a ute because the inner trays were almost always tidy & undamaged. (it's hard to throw a ton of bricks in the back of a van..Smile )

308, T400, & 9" with Caprice front end & interior.

Great fun to drive, a lot of people can't quite work out the 4" chop tho, ya get a lot of double takes, & a lot of the time i'm asked if it's been stretched before they click to why it looks a bit... ummm different.  

It spends most of it's life hidden away in the "cave" but will get some love again soon as we are almost home again (for a few months), my wife & partner in crime Trish live the nomadic life in a caraVAN.....

Luckily all the hard work has been done on it, cause my resto days are over, well maybe,
a Sundowner is awaiting my return too Laughing  

Sheesh, so much for the short intro Rolling Eyes
Chopt B
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  sinbin Today at 1:58 pm

Hi Darryl,

Sweet ride mate. Looking so much better now than the '90's era or should I say error?
It's a pity it's no longer a Van but it is a very sweet looking Ute.

You could always put the panno roof back on some day! rockon

Regards, Smooth Cool
sinbin
Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6