MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a general question has any one used a toyota hilux 2wd 5 speed gear box befor in a van?????

3 posters

Go down

just a general question has any one used a toyota hilux 2wd 5 speed gear box befor in a van?????  Empty just a general question has any one used a toyota hilux 2wd 5 speed gear box befor in a van?????

Post  fc59 Fri 06 May 2011, 11:02 pm

just a general question has any one used a toyota hilux 2wd 5 speed gear box befor in a van?????

im wondering because i own a 4wd hilux and the lay out of the cab is almost identical as in small trans hump the shifter likage is further up the shifter cos of bench seat and being a hilux box be cheap and near indestructabe pluss a petrole has a similar rev range to my red motor and i can replace my leaky holden diff with a stronger lighter toyota one that will match the diff gears with the gear box all id have to do is get a shortened / lengthened drive shaft and with a toyota stud pattern i could buy a wider range of wheels

please let me know what you think
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

just a general question has any one used a toyota hilux 2wd 5 speed gear box befor in a van?????  Empty Re: just a general question has any one used a toyota hilux 2wd 5 speed gear box befor in a van?????

Post  HBWC Fri 06 May 2011, 11:11 pm

witch lux box theirs is many but th rseries is the pick
HBWC
HBWC
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

just a general question has any one used a toyota hilux 2wd 5 speed gear box befor in a van?????  Empty Re: just a general question has any one used a toyota hilux 2wd 5 speed gear box befor in a van?????

Post  fc59 Sun 08 May 2011, 3:32 pm

i was thinking around the 2000 year model not shour on the gear box name/number/

still looking in to it just curious if aany one has used one out of a hilux
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Post  bns454 Wed 11 May 2011, 2:17 am

not 100% on ratios but put a hilux 5 speed beside a celica 5 speed (from the same era) externaly thay are the same as such dellow make bellhousings to suit most conversions but u will have to research the front bellhousing bolts to work out exactley what box u have. eg in w5-series toyota boxes the supras are 10mm rounder and newer/older boxs some have an extra bolt. so yes it can and has been done many times its just what ratio will better suit your aplication
bns454
bns454
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down