MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army Panelvan

4 posters

Go down

Army Panelvan Empty Army Panelvan

Post  HQVAN Tue 22 May 2012, 8:08 pm

I was helping out the tafe today at the 'try a trade' expo. I was demonstrating using lathes and milling to school kids. I came across this van as part of the army's display:

Army Panelvan Imag0361

Army Panelvan Imag0362

I had a bit of a chat with the boys, spoke a bit about fitting and turning apprenticeships in the army, electronics and car audio (my previous trade - the van had a fair audio/visual system), Majestic Vanners and how well the van worked for them in promoting the army. We also talked about the 'project digger' LTD they built in conjuntion with Street Machine - 875 HP, 29 seconds to burst the rears, 12 litres of fuel! Apparently it is the apprentices who get to work on them, and as a reward get to take them to the promotions at the V8's etc. Twisted Evil
HQVAN
HQVAN
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2022!

Back to top Go down

Army Panelvan Empty Re: Army Panelvan

Post  vantom Wed 23 May 2012, 8:57 am

more like a glorafide ute! No
vantom
vantom
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Wed 23 May 2012, 9:06 am

vantom wrote:more like a glorafide ute! No
Not that old chestnut again,its the closest thing that you can get to a new van those days.I think it looks cool and would not be ashamed to drive it. Cool
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Wed 23 May 2012, 9:13 am

Mate its been years since any manufacturer built a Panelvan, and this is the closest thing we have to one today. I for one accept it as a Panelvan and there are many others that think the same. The sooner this kind of attitude dies the better.

I would not say no to having one as a daily, all the features of a modern car, in the style of a van.
HQVAN
HQVAN
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2022!

Back to top Go down

Post  vantom Wed 23 May 2012, 9:29 am

if it IS a pano & not an add-on, kool! i have been told that ther a add-on. Question hotrod
vantom
vantom
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  vantom Wed 23 May 2012, 9:33 am

the late modle FALCON look's more like a pano than the COMMY!Army Panelvan 34pvan10 but I think there an add-on to. hotrod
vantom
vantom
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  sinbin Wed 23 May 2012, 3:55 pm

vantom wrote:more like a glorafide ute! No
Most Panelvans are glorified utes.

Vanton, you like everybody has the right to an opinion.

But lets get this straight, The canopy conversion does in fact make the Ute a Van as it is a permanent fixture and changes the body shape and style, Something I have just proved with the RTA in New South Wales. It was also a genuine "Sandman" Holden option as the official sales brochure indicates. The basis of the design is exactly the same as YOUR van or any other van that has a roof conversion (be it factory or aftermarket). Fundamentally all traditional Vans (Holden or Ford) are Ute bodies with a permanent enclosed roof canopy.

Also, there is no such thing as a Commodore Panelvan. VU-VE model Ute's are not Commodores but simply Holden's.
People with no knowledge on them assume they are Commodores because of shared panels etc. Holden never called these models Commodores in anyway. Commodores are sedans and wagons. There is no Commodore naming in badging or advertising of these models.

One could argue yours is no longer a panel van because it has side glass and the panels are all but gone! But that would be as ridiculous as your statement!

Get over it, they're all Panel Vans. Encompass and embrace!
sinbin
sinbin
Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum