MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry)

3 posters

Go down

1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry) Empty 1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry)

Post  Jonny James Tue 05 Oct 2010, 5:13 pm

1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry) Magsmall
Jonny James
Jonny James
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry) Empty Re: 1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry)

Post  Rusty62TransAm Tue 05 Oct 2010, 5:21 pm

Very Tidy! Cool

The XC Fairmont Headlights, the Small Block and the Jag Rear really set it off. thumbsup chev

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil chev

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry) Empty Re: 1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry)

Post  Jonny James Tue 05 Oct 2010, 5:49 pm

I was reading C V and T issue 41 the other night and I came to the feature on David Barry's black one tonner. I looked at the pictures from the rear of the vehicle and I said to my self, I've seen that diff some where before.

It than came to me, a good mate of mine has a father in law (Hugh Robinson) that has his own tool makes business and who also does some pretty serious engine building. In Hugh's show room the was an old Jag diff sitting on the ground with some old Enkei wheels.

As it turns out I happened to be installing some exit and emergency lights in Hugh's work shop and show room today.

I asked Hugh (I had knowledge from before today that the diff was out of his old one tonner) if his old one tonner was black and if it had XC head lights fitted?

In his response he said yes, I than ask what happen to the tonner and he said, it got cut up with an axe and pushed into a creek.

It was a few hours later and I when home for lunch and brought the C V and T back to work with me. I showed Hugh as he was on his lunch break and he said thats it! Hugh brought the tonner off David Barry. I than asked him more about this creek. He said that the tonner had been stolen and stripped. The cab and chassis ended up in a creek with 20 or more other stolen cars. The police had rang Hugh and asked him to come over to orange from Bathurst to try to identify his tonner.

The police had an impounded set up with the cars impounded for the ring of car thieves. While Hugh was walking through the impound lot he seen the wheels fitted to another car that had been pieced together for other stolen parts. The wheels had the gold centers sanded back to try to make them look different.

The tonner was stuffed. The rear end turned up in Coonabarabran which Hugh got back, along with the wheels, nose cone and gear shifter.
The diff, wheels and shifter sit on the floor in his show room. The nose cone went onto another one tonner getting around Bathurst now.
The tonner was stolen around 13 years ago.

1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry) Wheel-1

One of the original wheels that had the centers sanded back.

1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry) Diff-002

1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry) Diff-001

The diff pulled apart with some parts missing

1974 Holden One Tonner (David Barry) Nose

The one tonner now fitted with the nose cone.

Hope you enjoyed the read
Jon gone
Jonny James
Jonny James
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Tue 05 Oct 2010, 5:54 pm

WOW!

Great story. Thanks for sharing it. thumbsup

Regards

Rusty! chev

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 05 Oct 2010, 7:26 pm

Great detective work JJ, so we buying that diff and wheels! Shocked Laughing
Interesting story and it explains where another feature vehicle from C,V and T ended up, bet it's not the only stolen and trashed one. Evil or Very Mad