MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spray painters

+4
MajesticXX7
The Zodiac
Bowtie383
Dean
8 posters

Go down

Spray painters Empty Spray painters

Post  Dean Tue 14 Dec 2010, 6:33 pm

I went out today to get quotes for someone else to do the outside of the van. I explained that inside all jams and doors would already be done, so alls that to be done is a final primer and then spray it. No assembly will be needed as i will do all that. Just spray it. Between 5-8k ? WTF? Really? What a joke! I think I'll keep searching.
Dean
Dean
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Spray painters Empty Re: Spray painters

Post  Bowtie383 Tue 14 Dec 2010, 7:46 pm

Dean,we are not all tared with the same brush mate that is a BS quote keep shopping around but myself I won't touch somone else's work unless I started it from go to whoa.

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Tue 14 Dec 2010, 11:11 pm

Sorry Tony, never meant to imply that all spraypainters/panelbeaters were ridiculous quoters. I was just expressing my disbelief of the quotes I got today from spraypainting businesses in perth. They are still all busy will the hail damaged cars, so i spose they can make the most of the good going. And I also know that you only get what you pay for! But I find that abit harsh!
I will keep searching, and hopefully get a decent job at a reasonable price. I thought that most would be happy that all rust and prep work has already been done? Considering no-one wanted the job of doing the rust repairs.
Dean
Dean
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Wed 15 Dec 2010, 12:50 am

My sisters husband spend 34k getting his HQ Monaro done by a place in Wagga Wagga and it's a shithouse job. My white Sandman ute we built cost 2k to paint and had less stuff ups. So you dont always get a better job with a bigger price. Shocked Looking at your firewall etc Dean, why dont you and your mate have a go? What you,ve done so far looks great.

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Wed 15 Dec 2010, 1:18 am

Im just abit nervous about doing such a big area. Its alot to fix if we stuff up again. I dunno, Im still playing with the idea also, depending on quotes.
Dean
Dean
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticXX7 Wed 15 Dec 2010, 2:28 am

Have a go at spraying your hang on's first and see how you go. Guards, doors , tail gate etc.
MajesticXX7
MajesticXX7
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/RodNResto

Back to top Go down

Post  RAT BAG Wed 15 Dec 2010, 8:52 am

Wow that price is crazy and Rob i know what you mean about Wagga prices. theyre ridiculous too.

Ive had 3 of my cars painted at X Customs in Sydney (campbelltown) all of them were drive in drive out spray jobs and were unreal and I only paid that much for them

Candy pink gt fozza- $5000 without engine bay done
Spray painters 07102008

House of Kolor passion purple s15 - $7000 engine bay and all
Spray painters 4-2

Alot of smash shops wont want to do it these days cause they get more cash from insurance jobs so theyll charge massive for it
RAT BAG
RAT BAG
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Wed 15 Dec 2010, 8:59 am

they also may have given a higher quote intentially as a sort of polite way to decline. if they r flat out with hail damage that is definately a possibility. u may find a restoration shop has a better quote? as they are not really a crash shop as such. but ike rob says, what u have done so far looks great, so u can give the whole lot a go. well try on a big flat panel first, if u have an old bonnet for example, test on that and get a feel, both upright and flat. id spray the hang on panels well the guards especially, whne u spray the car, as if the paint is made a little different, or application is a little different, the metallic particles may sit different and the colour may appear a little different Smile

and heat ur clear up Razz
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

http://add me on facebook, leonie dean or myspace www.myspace.co

Back to top Go down

Post  pez350 Wed 15 Dec 2010, 9:00 am

The biggest problem is that (as Tony said) most shops don't really want to touch something unless they can do the prep - that way they know it's been done properly. If the paint bubbles after a year, who is to blame?

You've done a great job on what I've seen so far, so have a crack at the bonnet or another large area and see how you go.

As much as I'd like to, I can't justify spending what a van's worth on the cost to spray it. The other tradeoff is that you'll likely do acrylic at home and a shop will usually do 2-pac.

Good luck with it. As always, keep us up to date!
pez350
pez350
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://gallery.perryr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Van Wed 15 Dec 2010, 2:33 pm

Hi Dean,
I found John at Early Holden and Ford in Landsdale is quite reasonable and does a great job.He only
does the older stuff like ours.Let us know how you go as I would like to give my HQSS a tidy up
one day.

Johns number is 0447744409 and say Phil with the big block 1 tonner referred you.

Mad Van
Part of The Furniture
Part of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Wed 15 Dec 2010, 5:46 pm

Thanks 4 that. Will give him a buzz tommorow.
Dean
Dean
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down