MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Morning Of The Earth' Promotion

+9
Bowtie383
serendipity
Al510
Rusty62TransAm
fc59
freestyler1
Denis Cefarin
VanGoes
HQVAN
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'Morning Of The Earth' Promotion - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Morning Of The Earth' Promotion

Post  The Zodiac Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:11 pm

samin8r wrote:Gotta agree clean factory models wearing good paint,nice wheels and a low stance looks killer against a overally modified van any day!!Sometimes the simple things in life are the best?

Wake up Salmo, since when you been a Mexican! Laughing I'll sit on the fence, I've got a stocky and a spaceship. Twisted Evil

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

'Morning Of The Earth' Promotion - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Morning Of The Earth' Promotion

Post  fc59 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:24 pm

samin8r wrote:Awesum story!!!! Gotta agree clean factory models wearing good paint,nice wheels and a low stance looks killer against a overally modified van any day!!Sometimes the simple things in life are the best?

i agree there is some thing about a period car i dont think mine has ever looked as good as when i had the hubcaps and dress rims on it just cool Cool Cool Cool but i also love the over the top vans with water falls and minibars and more modifications that original car left

now after reading this post a few times i seem to remember something about the morning of the earth movie but i thought it was simply a remastered re-release i didnt realise it was a full stage production

and the same goes for all the cars in the photos above Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:37 pm

The movie has been re-mastered, and there is extra footage from the producer and the surfers in the movie added in. It also has comments from famous surfers telling their story about how the movie influenced them.

Some of the guys that made the music for the original soundtrack have put together a band with some special guests and they play the soundtrack live on stage as the movie plays.

The original movie has no dialogue, it was just the footage of the surfers riding famous breaks around the world with a soundtrack from the era. The movie was first released in 1972, it is celebrating its 40th anniversary! The show was great, and the old guys can still rock out! The band has some very good musicians.

The show is touring Australia, they have dates at the opera house, woollongong etc. I would recommend the show if you are interested in surfing culture, and the old hippy music/alternative culture of that era. Remember this was the year of the sunbury music festival in Australia, our answer to woodstock!

Thanks for the comments on the vans, they sure attracted alot of attention!
HQVAN
HQVAN
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2022!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:39 pm

Im a HUGE fan of the brunette bonnet mascot! great drool drool

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:53 pm

Here's another one Rob! Twisted Evil

'Morning Of The Earth' Promotion - Page 2 Sandma35
HQVAN
HQVAN

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

Mmmmmmm hippy chick hood scoop!!!!!

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  samin8r Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:40 am

The Zodiac wrote:
samin8r wrote:Gotta agree clean factory models wearing good paint,nice wheels and a low stance looks killer against a overally modified van any day!!Sometimes the simple things in life are the best?

Wake up Salmo, since when you been a Mexican! Laughing I'll sit on the fence, I've got a stocky and a spaceship. Twisted Evil

Lol!!! Laughing Mexican?I like the term "spaceship" Gotta agree on the brunette though? A great hood ornament. Wink
samin8r
samin8r
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

Back to top Go down

Post  Denis Cefarin Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:53 am

jawdrop eyespop I want a hood ornament like that drool But i think the Boss(Colleen) would say you dirty old prev your not having one of them she's younger enuf to be your daughter slap
But still never to old to look wow2
Denis Cefarin
Denis Cefarin
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:55 am

geezus and where was my invite lmao
Mike
Mike
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:21 pm

wow2 Green with Envy woohoo rock

The Office Girls want to know who the Good Looking Bloke in the White Singlet with the Surfboard is!! lol!

Great Pics, but I wouldn't be too keen to have some Bird Hot Babe1 no matter how Good Looking she was crawling all over my Bonnet! Evil or Very Mad Unless Sunny Wink

A lot of hard work goes into getting them straight.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  freestyler1 Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:51 pm

HQVAN wrote:A link to the live cross:

http://theprojecttv.com.au/video.htm?movideo_p=39684&movideo_m=157621

Hey Karl having trouble opening or playing ya link....
Any ideas what the prob is?

Cheers Al
freestyler1
freestyler1

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:57 pm

Don't know Al, it seems to be working for me? 'Morning Of The Earth' Promotion - Page 2 58275

Even works when I click on the link in your quote...

Is anyone else having problems?

If you have seen it - damn that surfboard I am holding blocking the view of my van! Evil or Very Mad

It would have been good if they got a shot panning down the lined up vans...
HQVAN
HQVAN

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:07 pm

Rusty62TransAm wrote:Great Pics, but I wouldn't be too keen to have some Bird Hot Babe1 no matter how Good Looking she was crawling all over my Bonnet! Evil or Very Mad Unless Sunny Wink

Funny you mention that Rusty, I had a good laugh at Rob (owner of the yellow sandman) when he told how the girl asked if she could get on the bonnet.... She turned around to show Rob her bum - 'See I have no press studs in my pants!' and he said 'No, your right, it looks good!' Laughing

He said later on 'It was a hard job, but someones got to do it!' lmao
HQVAN
HQVAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:12 pm

Rusty62TransAm wrote: wow2 Green with Envy woohoo rock

The Office Girls want to know who the Good Looking Bloke in the White Singlet with the Surfboard is!! lol!

Great Pics, but I wouldn't be too keen to have some Bird Hot Babe1 no matter how Good Looking she was crawling all over my Bonnet! Evil or Very Mad Unless Sunny Wink

Have to agree with you Russ,nothing annoy's me more then when you see them posing on a bonnet.

Regards Tony.
chev
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:24 pm

HQVAN wrote:Funny you mention that Rusty, I had a good laugh at Rob (owner of the yellow sandman) when he told how the girl asked if she could get on the bonnet.... She turned around to show Rob her bum - 'See I have no press studs in my pants!' and he said 'No, your right, it looks good!' Laughing

lol! I'm Green with Envy drool

Less Chance of Scratches though if she took it all off!Sunny Wink

Last edited by Rusty62TransAm on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

HQVAN wrote:
Rusty62TransAm wrote:Great Pics, but I wouldn't be too keen to have some Bird Hot Babe1 no matter how Good Looking she was crawling all over my Bonnet! Evil or Very Mad Unless Sunny Wink

Funny you mention that Rusty, I had a good laugh at Rob (owner of the yellow sandman) when he told how the girl asked if she could get on the bonnet.... She turned around to show Rob her bum - 'See I have no press studs in my pants!' and he said 'No, your right, it looks good!' Laughing

is waiting for someone to post id rather see her laying in the back than on the bonnet lmao lmao lmao
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

HQVAN wrote:Don't know Al, it seems to be working for me? 'Morning Of The Earth' Promotion - Page 2 58275

Even works when I click on the link in your quote...

Is anyone else having problems?

If you have seen it - damn that surfboard I am holding blocking the view of my van! Evil or Very Mad

It would have been good if they got a shot panning down the lined up vans...

lol!

Worked for me.

The Promo Starts at about 1 minute 50 seconds.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:44 pm

For those of you interested I put together a youtube video of photos from the two days of this promotion. The track played is from the soundtrack to the movie.

Follow the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqSmBfHBmKE

Just out of interest, how do we add you tube videos so that they display in this window?
I have seen it done so I know it is possible. Any tips? Very Happy
HQVAN
HQVAN

Back to top Go down

Post  VanGoes Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:24 am

There are a couple of ways to embed a YouTube Vid.
In the button bar above when creating a post, there are options to 'Bold' the text etc... one of the icons looks like a film strip (or a ladder with green squares for those who are too young to know what movie reel film looks like Wink ) and you can use this to bring up a windoid to put the link.

Personally, I just type it...
First...
Copy the URL of the YouTube vid...
Next, in the post you want the vid... Type... [youtube]
Now, paste the URL... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqSmBfHBmKE
Finally, type... [/youtube]

Hope this helps,
Jason
VanGoes
VanGoes

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:38 am

Excellent work guys, great movie Karl and good tips Jason! Maybe do another thread on how to put up the movies I know I've oftened wondered how to do it.