MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kill that cat

+5
The Zodiac
greycloud
Bowtie383
Imperfection
adrenaline
9 posters

Go down

kill that cat Empty kill that cat

Post  adrenaline Tue 14 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

I would send that cat flying if it slept on top of my van. Hours before driving mine to a show several years ago a stray tom cat has 2 atempts to get on the roof of my van , scratching the clear coat bad.
The cat was wrap in a towel taken to the vet with a docket from the pound to put it down.

No kitty cat sleeps on my cars. lol

adrenaline

Back to top Go down

kill that cat Empty Re: kill that cat

Post  Imperfection Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:02 pm

Thats as close as the van gets to pussy those days Laughing Besides the cat has probably been doing that since he bought the van.Please don't promote animal cruelty on here Mad
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:33 pm

Been a painter I have had to fix many cat scatches on cars,I think you will find the cat belongs to Rob and his family so I would say he does not have a problem with it until maybe his new paint job he has planned.

Regards Tony.
chev
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  greycloud Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:14 pm

I am not a cat lover either but each to their own. From memory and correct me if I am wrong, wasn't it a cat that that destroyed one of the show vans years ago? I remember reading a story, I think it was in CV&T about a show van that was receiving its finishing touches by its owner. For some reason he had a bunson burner going and the phone rang inside the house. Apparently the cat did a bolt, knocked the burner over and torched the van to a crisp. I will see if I can find the original story.
greycloud
greycloud
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2021!

Back to top Go down

Post  adrenaline Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:20 pm

Cats photo is gone , as much as i loved my old ginger tom. He would never lay on my van.

adrenaline

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:35 pm

It's our cat and he climbs on all of our cars, has slept in all the vans including Checkmate and walks all over it everytime he's in the shed with us, has even been for drives in the vans both as a kitten and now he's a big boy.
I dont have an issue with it and find he doesn't scratch them, the only time a cat would generally scratch a car is when somebody screams at it and scares it. The only car I ever had that got scratched by an animal was a freshly painted Gemini that my mates dog put its front paws on the window sill and dragged them down the door as we were backing it out of the shed after refitting the bumpers and lights.....I mean fresh paint! Laughing
When we brought our LH Torana back from the painters it didnt have the windscreen or windows in it and when we pulled up he walked straight up the bonnet trough the windscreen and fell asleep on the passenger seat. Laughing
I'm a cat lover and he's been part of the family for over a decade has grown up with our boys and is always in the shed with me, he's one of my best mates so he can do whatever he wants at my house because it's his home.
I'd never hurt an animal but would quite happily punch someone in the throat for damaging one of my cars.
Cheers Rob

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:36 pm

adrenaline wrote:Cats photo is gone , as much as i loved my old ginger tom. He would never lay on my van.

Had a request to see Al's new rocket at the top!!! Wink