MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batterys

4 posters

Go down

Batterys Empty Batterys

Post  Imperfection Mon 14 May 2012, 4:16 pm

Anybody have a chart on what size battery,that i can fit in Imperfection.As the one i have is a size 43 and its a 250 cca,it turns the car over once than its dead. Mad
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Batterys Empty Re: Batterys

Post  magnum500 Mon 14 May 2012, 5:41 pm

I use optima batteries the best around heavier dearer but they work the one in the van is 16 years old did time in my race car then the van 950 Cca I also have in my rod it 7 years old and lives on its side under the dash .well worth the extra $$$$ thumbsup
magnum500
magnum500
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Mon 14 May 2012, 6:05 pm

magnum500 wrote:I use optima batteries the best around heavier dearer but they work the one in the van is 16 years old did time in my race car then the van 950 Cca I also have in my rod it 7 years old and lives on its side under the dash .well worth the extra $$$$ thumbsup

i cant agree more optima is the way to go i got one second hand out of a electric forklift that had done 7 years of service then it lasted over 5 in my hilux

id go a yellow top around $300 retail buy if you look you can find them cheaper or

and my hilux had killed 3 12 plate truck batterys in a year affraid

or the other option i have considered is running a dual battey system one for cranking and one for cycling eg leaving the stero running

but cost more than a optma so i went optima havnt looked back
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Post  Squeaker2 Mon 14 May 2012, 11:11 pm

I agree!
Could not get more than 6 months out of a battery in the AU then switched to a red top odessy and got three and half years! was absolutely stoked got the second one in now, but going for a yellow top for the van to handle the stereo gear.
Not sure how you will go with the size but have a look at the optima batteries they are pricey but small sizes with 850 to 1000 cca and lasting 10-15 years makes sense in the long run.
Neil

Squeaker2
Resident
Resident

http://www.squeakerclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Squeaker2 Tue 15 May 2012, 7:31 am

Edit above I put an Optima red top in the AU and you should check out the Odessy from Hawker industries.
I always get them confused Embarassed
Neil

Squeaker2
Resident
Resident

http://www.squeakerclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: