MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anybody remember.

3 posters

Go down

Does anybody remember. Empty Does anybody remember.

Post  Imperfection Fri 25 May 2012, 5:44 pm

A van in the late 70s early 80s,that was gold plated instead of chrome.I sort of remember it from the van show at the store in Newcastle,and the rickshaws hotrod show in the wool shed.Or am i losing my mind affraid I sort of think it had security guards looking after it, as it was the most expensive van in NSW at the time.Or is that all the nice chemicals still working from the 70s. Laughing
Ps. it was a sandman
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Does anybody remember. Empty Remember

Post  Corb@Scott Fri 25 May 2012, 11:33 pm

There was a gold plated Ford van arround in the 80s, I think it was "heart attack" or similar. LTD front and mega dollars spent. I probably have photos , Ill try and drag out. Being of 48 years old Ive still got some old Custom vans and Truck magazines from yesteryear.
Scott
Corb@Scott
Corb@Scott
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Corb@Scott Fri 25 May 2012, 11:34 pm

There was a gold plated Ford van arround in the 80s, I think it was "heart attack" or similar. LTD front and mega dollars spent. I probably have photos , Ill try and drag out. Being of 48 years old Ive still got some old Custom vans and Truck magazines from yesteryear.
Scott
Corb@Scott
Corb@Scott
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Does anybody remember. Empty Re: Does anybody remember.

Post  sinbin Fri 25 May 2012, 11:42 pm

I think you may be right about it being "Sheer Heart Attack" it did do the show circuit in New South Wales around this time.
He was big on "Big Noting" and putting on a show. Funny thing is "Gold" plating is/was cheaper than Chrome plating.

There is a thread on "Sheer Heart Attack" on the forum. See this link
sinbin
sinbin
Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Corb@Scott Sat 26 May 2012, 12:09 am

thats the one i was thinking, had a look at the link, I believe the van itself was burnt in fire many many years ago. not sure if it was a wreck or rebuilt.
Corb@Scott
Corb@Scott
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  sinbin Sat 26 May 2012, 1:59 am

Corb@Scott wrote:thats the one i was thinking, had a look at the link, I believe the van itself was burnt in fire many many years ago. not sure if it was a wreck or rebuilt.
Wreck, total loss. Ford supposedly gave him a XD (type) van with Fairlane nose to rebuild a show van. Didn't happen as far as I know.
sinbin
sinbin
Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down