MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

has any one ever made a box trailer ?

4 posters

Go down

has any one ever made a box trailer ? Empty has any one ever made a box trailer ?

Post  fc59 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 9:36 pm

has any one ever made a box trailer and got regoed
im thinking about a teardrop camper im positive i have the skills and tools requied to make one but was wondering about legalitys of getting one passed by the RTAMS or whatever the hell there called this week

or am i better of just buying a old ruff one and fixing it up

im just of the mind that i can make one from scratch quicker and better than fixing up an old one

thanks dean
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

has any one ever made a box trailer ? Empty Re: has any one ever made a box trailer ?

Post  HQU304 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 6:37 am

check their website or go to your local department of transport and pick up a trailer guideline. My mate built one and he got his information from the that. I'm in qld so im not sure if other states offer the same thing but i presume they would.
HQU304
HQU304
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

has any one ever made a box trailer ? Empty Re: has any one ever made a box trailer ?

Post  HQU304 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 6:41 am

Try this for a starter

http://vintagecaravans.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=technicalstuffboard&action=print&thread=6546
HQU304
HQU304
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:51 am

I'm building the van trailer now and the RTA can email you the guidelines you need to follow. I rang their technical assistance hotline, they answered a heap of questions for me and emailed me the guidelines about lengths, brakes etc.

Cheers Rob

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:10 am

Thanks guys I'll do that after the all Holden day
fc59
fc59

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 6:35 pm

i rang tech inqu and ended up hear http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb1/PDF/vsb01_June2009.pdf

as far as i can tell as long as it is built to reasionable standard i wont have a problem now for my next question one i have built it who do i see to get it passed the rta is there a special inspector ?
fc59
fc59

Back to top Go down

Post  sinbin Thu 23 Aug 2012, 6:40 pm

I have a hand built trailer that I made out of two FB Station Wagons. Made my own draw bar and used off the shelf hitch etc.
All that was required was a NSW Blue Slip.

Regards, Smooth Cool

Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 7:58 pm

cool thanks for that
looks like after i sell my littel boat and do some work on my big boat ill have the room for a teardrop i might have to make it tafe project makes the matterals cheaper Surprised

thanks for the help
fc59
fc59

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum