MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van Nats Message from the VCV President

4 posters

Go down

Van Nats Message from the VCV President Empty Van Nats Message from the VCV President

Post  Rusty62TransAm Mon 10 May 2010, 6:41 pm

Copied from the Vanning Australia Site:

Dear Vanning Community,
From now on, it has been decided that the Nationals are the only evant where proposals for future Van Nationals can be presented. Should you wish to present an Australian Van Nationals proposal for the following year, you will need to notify the VCV committee. However, should none be forthcoming by the VCV AGM at the Nationals (generally held on Good Friday), then the VCV will announce whether it will host the following year's Nationals or not. If not, then there will be no formal Nationals.
Thank you
Ian Stephens
President
VCV

PS: i have posted this on Ian's behalf. Thank you Marion.

http://vanners.forumotion.com/van-nationals-f12/message-from-the-president-vcv-t749.htm

Last edited by Rusty62TransAm on Mon 10 May 2010, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo in Title.)

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Van Nats Message from the VCV President Empty Re: Van Nats Message from the VCV President

Post  The Zodiac Mon 10 May 2010, 9:51 pm

Interesting stuff. If your into that sort of thing.
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Van Nats Message from the VCV President Empty Re: Van Nats Message from the VCV President

Post  Blue Diamond Tue 11 May 2010, 6:52 am

Rusty, I hate to say this but are you doing Ian and Marion's leg work??

Cant they create a new account and post a message for themselves?

Have you become an offical spokesperson for the VCV??
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 11 May 2010, 9:26 pm

Who gives a rats arse Sean, I for one don't. Lifes to short to argue, fight and carry on over f#cking nothing really. I just want to cruise with my mates, the real vanners can have the van scene to themselves and pretend it growing and still going strong.(We all like to dream!)
I'm moving forward putting vanning behind me and just looking for good times with like minded mates.
Less argueing over nothing = more time to work on cars and cruise with mates! Wink

See you on the street!
Rob
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Wed 12 May 2010, 7:43 am

Thats Ok Rob

I am over the VCV and its corrupt practices.

They never really wanted to give us the Van Nats anyway.

Our proposal was nothing but a waste of time, which meant I could have spent it doing other things.

The VCV advised us to put in a bid for 2012 is also a waste of time as there is talk already that it will go to WA, without them putting in a proposal.

The day that the NSW VC, if ever that gets off the ground for the 2nd time, is on equal par with the VCV, when Van Nats proposals are considered, will be an historic day. In the meantime, its pie in the sky stuff.
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  Elegantly Wasted Thu 13 May 2010, 9:49 am

Very Happy Very Happy
Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Fri 14 May 2010, 11:01 pm

Am I the only one who's sick to death of hearing about the van nats and the vcv and all the associated argueing and bitching? Can we all just move on and f#cking drop it, lets try and keep this place a positive place.
Cheers Rob.
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Sat 15 May 2010, 7:04 am

Sure Rob, no problems.

However, I find it incredulous that you want to stop the bickering and infighting that has occurred over the years and then all of a sudden brake, create a positive Koombya feeling, when you, I and other peoiple, have been critical of the scene, the Nats and other people vans.

If you are sick to "death of hearing about the van nats and the vcv and all the associated argueing and bitching", then why start it in the first place?

It could have been all resolved from the beginning if we had better communicated from the start, had a beer or two, coffee if you preferred. None of this bickering would have happened and MV, like other van clubs in the past, would have gone about attending shows etc, in absolute peace.

Here is some friendly advice, from an old battehorse, who has fought many battles in life. Time will heal all wounds. It might take time to get over your differences but at the end of the day, in 20 years time, how many vanners will be alive to share vanning with you?
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sat 15 May 2010, 10:57 am

Sean Ive never had an arguement with the VCV, at the end off the day you can only do something for so long before it gets old and boring. There's no point argueing with someone who wont see things your way or acknowledge your opinion, so why waste the time.
You'll never change the way the Van Nats is run or the way the VCV conducts its business, they like it their way and are scared to change incase they lose control over it, or perhaps maybe get shown a better way of doing something.(My opinion only).
In twenty years time I'll still have a van, but will probably have a Camaro or another toy too,(and hopefully helping the boys build stuff too!) and if the van scene dies mate I'll be doing exactly the same as I was before I discovered the van scene, being a car enthusiast and enjoying my cars with my mates, there'll always be events to attend.
I can see your point though as most of the people in the van scene will be looooong gone in 20 years! Laughing
Cheers Rob