MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archways shapes

5 posters

Go down

Archways shapes  Empty Archways shapes

Post  garym Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:48 pm

I have now cut my archway but it sits against the wall in the garage .
I need inspiration to move forward can people post photos of there archway to assist .
thanks
Archways shapes  IMG_3076_zps260d039d
garym
garym
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2028!

Back to top Go down

Archways shapes  Empty Re: Archways shapes

Post  QUP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:19 pm

Last edited by QUP on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post  garym Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:47 pm

Thanks for jogging my memory I remember looking at all the old interiors but would still like to see what current vanners are doing
with there archways .
As you can see my interior is basic black I would like the archway to add something different to the van .
I loved the shape of Karl's and are thinking of a variation on that but don't want to look the same .

garym
garym
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2028!

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Mon 21 Jan 2013, 3:54 pm

I am glad that you like mine Gary, cheers for the comments. Very Happy

I can understand your dilemma, it took me a long time to come up with the shape I eventually went with. It was around the time I posted the 'sinterior' thread that I started thinking about it, and it took until I had cut the MDF to decide on the final shape, and even then it needed tweeking to work properly.

In the end it was borrowing ideas from a few old showvans and combining them that brought about the shape I used. Trish calls it 'The Mushroom', and I guess that is what it looks like, but it was not intentional! Laughing

I would say keep going over the thread, draw some inspiration and work out what you want to achieve in the design. Is it to suit a certain theme? Practicality? To serve a specific function? It all comes down to you and is only limited by your imagination.

I wish I had more pictures to go off as well, but it would seem that rear interiors are the forgotten parts to be photographed at shows. I know that from now on I am going to be more vigilant and make sure that I get more shots of rear interiors. I think front interior shots are even rarer again.....
HQVAN
HQVAN
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2022!

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Tue 22 Jan 2013, 6:42 pm

Because Imperfection is a light weight van,i'm thinking of making the lining out of this.It should be easier to form around the walls and windows Suspect I hope Very Happy and when its covered with velvet and foam no one will know. What a Face
Archways shapes  Cid___external_images_media_1279IMAG0123_BURST002_COVER
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Tue 22 Jan 2013, 8:46 pm

Imperfection wrote:Because Imperfection is a light weight van,i'm thinking of making the lining out of this.It should be easier to form around the walls and windows Suspect I hope Very Happy and when its covered with velvet and foam no one will know. What a Face
Archways shapes  Cid___external_images_media_1279IMAG0123_BURST002_COVER

if i was going to use core flute i would use two layers with the splines going in intersecting directions and contact them together much stronger good idea for a small van Wink
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down