MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum And Wastebook.

+7
panoz78
garym
HQVAN
Mully
serendipity
magnum500
Bowtie383
11 posters

Go down

Forum And Wastebook. Empty Forum And Wastebook.

Post  Bowtie383 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:43 am

I wan't to put this question out to all members here do you feel that the page on wastebook is slowly killing this forum?I will admit I was going to the wastebook page more then I was here in all honestly I should of shared equal amount of time.This forum was put together for all of us to share with builds discussions sharing vans and life in general we cannot tell anyone what they should and should not do but there is more going on there then there is here,James made a good point in another thread that a forum is also social media I agree 100%,Also I have been told that the page is good to get other people onto here well to me it doesn't seem to be working.I just do wan't to see this forum go to the way side as it is our forum and a great one to be around everyone gets on and there is no negativity so all I am saying is if you want to share anything to do with vanning on wastebook how about doing it here as well this is our forum and our home we are family.

Regards Tony.
chev 
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Forum And Wastebook. Empty Re: Forum And Wastebook.

Post  magnum500 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:49 am

I use both depending on where and when I can access it .while i agree that we need to use this site as much as possible the fact is that waste book works for real time type event .we use it to keep people up to date with our swap meeting as it is far quicker and easier the a site .but all in all site works much better in the long run.2 cents spent:D 
magnum500
magnum500
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

Back to top Go down

Post  serendipity Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:04 am

i always put on here what i feel is worth putting on the forum, what goes on wastebook is just for the moment and usually not put up by me lol
serendipity
serendipity
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2024!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mully Mon 28 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm

I use both.
Wastebook is handy for those "on the spot" moments. You know, take a photo and share it.
Was a handy tool also in saving the van from MMM. It's quick and easy for a rapid response.

The forum, I try to share stuff on too but more so things of importance. It's also more helpful with the knowledge items and member only things.

Keep both I say.
Mully
Mully
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2019!

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Mon 28 Oct 2013, 7:15 pm

OK, I feel it is important that I have a say here...

I have just spent the last hour editing the photos I took at the State Titles in preparation for loading them onto the forum. For some reason my phone was not up to task in the weather conditions on Sunday and I want them to be a decent quality for the forum.

At the event while I was walking around taking photos I uploaded quite a few of them to the facebook page, to share them with members who were not in attendance and to the 600+ audience we now have on that MV fb page. Now this is something that I do at most events I attend, and I fail to see why that is wrong. It is not as if I am carrying around a PC with an internet connection, or have the time to sit there and upload them to the forum at the time.

I always share everything that I put on the facebook page onto the forum, and it is always with more pictures and more detail. In my experience the response (likes, shares, comments) on the facebook page is always greater than on the forum, like it or hate it, they are the facts.

As an administrator of the fb page and a moderator of the forum, I reject the theory that the page is killing the forum. It is definitely attracting more people to the forum and I do my utmost to ensure the new members are directed to the forum. A lot of the people on there would not heard of Majestics otherwise.

But it comes down to personal choice. If people find it easier to follow us on facebook, that is what they are going to do. You cannot force them to do otherwise. My wife does not very often get on the forum, but she does follow us on facebook and use it to keep in contact with the members that she is close to. I am sure that there are many more like her.

I will continue to perform my roles on both forms of media and will continue to promote the club as much as I can. I feel that the fb page is an important part of the club and is a very powerful tool. Some people may choose to not be a part of facebook but the fact is it is not going away, and has a massive user base that will allow us to make contact with as many future Majestics as possible.
HQVAN
HQVAN
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2022!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 7:26 pm

Karl this is not an attack at you or anyone it is a concern and I asked the question and you have answered it,I know for a fact wastebook is not going anywhere and no one expects you or yourself to be walking around with a PC I admitted I am just as guilty,yes the FB page has a big following and people maybe coming here it would be good to see some imput from them, if this has annoyed anyone with my comments sorry I will not apologise it is just a concern and for those who know me I say what is on my mind but hey next time you see me come and talk to me about it Iam appraochable.

Regards Tony.
chev 
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Mon 28 Oct 2013, 7:46 pm

I am sorry Tony but I have felt like I have been attacked regarding this issue on a number of occasions now, and I feel that it is a little unfair considering the effort that I put into contributing to the forum and the evil 'wastebook' page.

I will now see if I can get to loading some pics and results from the State Titles yesterday...

(reply posted from my mobile, while I watch my son in the bath)
HQVAN
HQVAN
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2022!

Back to top Go down

Post  garym Mon 28 Oct 2013, 7:59 pm

Guys I don't do Facebook for personal reasons but is now one of the most effective mass communication methods .
As long as we have people controlling our Facebook page with the clubs and forums best interests in mind it will help spread the Majestic name .
I have spent some time recently trolling the net checking out other van forums and web sites ect .
We are leading the way and face book used properly can only add to the success of the club .
I agree it would be great if people could upload pictures direct from there phone whilst at a show for those that can't attend ,this will come with time.
I usually up load my pictures strait after a show or event in Vic this year when I got home I looked at my photos and realised I spent more time talking to people and looking than using my camera.
people with a true interest in vans and the club will always turn to the forum for information or help with their vans .
Gary
garym
garym
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2028!

Back to top Go down

Post  panoz78 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 8:02 pm

We use both,
But some things sometimes don't quite make it to the forum.
Yet I find it a lot better to get whole story on any number of things
and not half Bottom answers when somebody hasn't read the whole story.
I also are guilty of FB and find it better for real time....helping somebody with a problem
when time is limited..
Plus there seems to be more tyre kickers on Fb as it doesn't have to go through the log in
Process /register (too easy)
panoz78
panoz78
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2024!

http://cherone@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 8:15 pm

This is all I wanted quality feedback about everyones thoughts,Karl you got the award for the 110% effort you put into Majestic Vanners mate there is no denying that but you should never be blamed for the wastebook page and not putting enough time in here I know it is all about promoting this great club and we have the best one at that..

Regards Tony.
chev 
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383

Back to top Go down

Post  Mully Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:43 pm

Well put Karl. Facebook isn't going away and it is a great way to do the "on the spot" things as I said in my previous post here.
Like I also pointed out before it was a quick and easy way to reach to out to more than 300 people the other day to save the van.
Like Trisha, Anna doesn't go onto the forum much, but likes Facebook page as a way of keeping in touch with new found friends both here and interstate.

Keep up the GREAT work you are doing on both sites.

Mully
Mully
Mully
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2019!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:48 pm

As I've said before "Healthy Discussion is Good!"

Stepping back, there are Pro's & Con's to both Wastebook and the Forum.

Not being an indepth Wastebooker, I don't know how easy it is to look back through things or do a search.

wastebook certainly gets a message out quickly to a wide audience base. It was an asset with the Van-In.

We have a mass of information on this Forum, which if we learn how to use the search is relevantly simple.

We have a lot of people who look at and watch the Forum who are reserved, but eventually sign up to acknowledge that and give something back.

There seems to be a lot of Keyboard Heroes on wastebook too.  We seem to attract less on here.

Long Live the Forum!

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  sandman 78 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 10:06 pm

For me l use facebook 0% l dont like will never join l use forum 100% l enjoy being on it but for those who use facebook thats your choice do what you like but as rustty said long live the forum

sandman 78
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  big rob Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:05 am

I don't have and probably never will have a facebook account, so I rely on the forum 100%. I've been wondering why I seem to be one of a few that is on here at any given time, but being a bit new to the forum thing I had no real idea that there was a facebook equivalent.

I'll just be hanging around here anyway........
big rob
big rob
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 29 Oct 2013, 11:38 am

I feel that the forum and Facebook are like comparing a roast dinner to a Maccas hamburger, they're both food but ones a lot nicer and more filling experience. Cool 

The forum provides more depth and is great for pics and sharing info, it takes longer to upload pics but I think it's worth the effort to share with the members.

Facebook is a brilliant marketing tool since Jon set it up it's attracted heaps to MV, the fact you can upload a pic in a second gives people a sense of real time interaction if they're not there.

Karl, myself and others constantly post likes on wastebook to the forum telling people if they want more info to check the forum and quite a few have those that haven't are the ones missing out.

The hours Karl puts into both the forum and fb page are muchly appreciated 12 months ago I was putting hour upon hour into both and Karl's participation has lightened my workload and others considerably, I leave all the fb page approvals up to Karl now(so if we get any hot chicks selling shoes we know who added them) Laughing 

I like the forum more but cant deny how effective the fb page is at reaching the masses, I think both compliment each other nicely, fb for a quick maccas type fix and the forum for a more wholesome enjoyable experience.