MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOLDEN ANNOUNCEMENT

5 posters

Go down

HOLDEN ANNOUNCEMENT  Empty HOLDEN ANNOUNCEMENT

Post  sinbin Tue 18 Feb 2020, 1:51 pm

https://www.holden.com.au/announcement

17th February 2020

Holden announces this is the end.

Holden brand to die officially due to GM mismanagement and lack of local support.
Dismal sales figures since the closer of local manufacturing and the dumb decision to place the Commodore badge on an euro import.

Not sure why they don't continue in Australia as GM and sell select models? I do understand them dropping the Holden badge as Australian's will not cop or support a re-badge.

Anyway, that's all folks!

Regards, Smooth Cool

Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

HOLDEN ANNOUNCEMENT  Empty Re: HOLDEN ANNOUNCEMENT

Post  cyclist253 Thu 20 Feb 2020, 4:06 pm

Couldn't agree more, but after they sold out of Vauxhall and Opel to totally exit Europe I wondered whether this was on the cards too. Australian consumers have a role to play in this too though in not being prepared to buy Australian made products. We're car enthusiasts so I get the person who is an Alpha Romeo nut, has his old classic but drives a late model one as a driver, good on him, he's just like us. But I don't understand the person who claims "No way am I a car guy, no way !! They're just a piece of transport to me", yet they buy a BMW, or an Audi, or a Subaru. We made a generic car for almost every segment of the market: small car buy a Corolla built in Melbourne, medium car Camry ditto, large car Commodore made in Adelaide/Falcon Melbourne, big boxy pretend 4WD Territory, luxury car Caprice. We didn't do a micro car and didn't do a 4X4 tray ute, (which we should have). So why did people who have no interest in cars buy a Mazda, an Audi A4, a BMW 5 series, a Land Rover Discovery or a Jaguar? If I could buy a TV or a mobile phone or a toaster made in Australia I would because I don't give a &%$# what anybody thinks about me for owning one, yet these people convinced themselves they needed a Mazda 3 not a Corolla. Where was their national pride? Thanks for nothing fellow Australian consumer.
cyclist253
cyclist253

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Thu 20 Feb 2020, 6:31 pm

A Sad Day indeed!

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  roKWiz Fri 21 Feb 2020, 4:46 pm

Yes agree, a sad day.
roKWiz
roKWiz
Regular
Regular

http://www.stonemasoncarver.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sinbin Sat 22 Feb 2020, 12:56 am

It didn't help with the GM Thailand assembly plant being sold to Great Wall. That would mean the Colorado and whatever that other thing was, was finished for Holden also.
Apparently GM is going electric and restructuring for 2023. GOOD LUCK!

You can't keep burning people all over the world and selling sub class cars and expect these same people to want to buy your electric vehicles.
Really could be the beginning of the end for General Motors.

Regards, Smooth Cool

Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  panoz78 Tue 14 Jul 2020, 9:17 pm

Looking back at this thread it's definitely a sad time loosing more Aussie manufacturing.
I think with the cheap built mustangs and the over priced so called HSV camaro's and non approved Hellcats our old stuff is all where going to have soon.. 2cents
panoz78
panoz78
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2024!

http://cherone@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down