MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kool Ideas! What You Think Could be Trick!

3 posters

Go down

Kool Ideas! What You Think Could be Trick! Empty Kool Ideas! What You Think Could be Trick!

Post  Rusty62TransAm Mon 23 Aug 2010, 12:32 pm

Max Van and I were having a bit of a chat the other evening and kicking around a few Ideas, so we thought we should put them out there for MV'rs to expand upon and give them a go if they dare.

Feel free to add any of your own Ideas that you don't mind sharing.

Here's a peak at my Project Van - LOVE Dr! I love you bounce Cool (Rough Pencil Sketch)

Kool Ideas! What You Think Could be Trick! LoveDr

A bit of Old School and a bit of New.

Heart Shaped Bubble Window of course.

The main focus being the Lower Tailgate lifting with the Upper and hinge back onto it.

I figure you could possibly use the Upper Tailgate Hinges to join them and acheive this.

If you can get the Upper to lift vertical enough you could probably use a Magentic Latch to hold the 2 against each other.

When unlatched and lowering the Tailgates, the Lower would swing down to its correct position.

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Kool Ideas! What You Think Could be Trick! Empty Re: Kool Ideas! What You Think Could be Trick!

Post  Rusty62TransAm Mon 23 Aug 2010, 12:33 pm

The Dr would be Candy Purple or Pink with Flaming Hearts down the Side.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

Back to top Go down

Kool Ideas! What You Think Could be Trick! Empty Re: Kool Ideas! What You Think Could be Trick!

Post  Imperfection Mon 23 Aug 2010, 1:18 pm

I want the cool tyres Laughing where do you get them Question
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny James Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:20 pm

thats real cool rusty!

I have a image in my head at this stage of doing a one piece tail gate with wind down rear window.

to do this i would need create a window/ Baily channel and i would say use flat glass and a flat glass power window kit... see link below

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ELECTRIC-POWER-WINDOW-KIT-1955-1956-1957-CHEV-HOT-ROD-/220654597549?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories [/url]

one day maybe Wink
Jonny James
Jonny James
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny James Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:22 pm

thats real cool rusty!

I have a image in my head at this stage of doing a one piece tail gate with wind down rear window.

to do this i would need create a window/ Baily channel and i would say use flat glass and a flat glass power window kit... see link below

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ELECTRIC-POWER-WINDOW-KIT-1955-1956-1957-CHEV-HOT-ROD-/220654597549?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories

one day maybe Wink
Jonny James
Jonny James
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Mon 23 Aug 2010, 5:39 pm

I like your idea there Jon.

I've seen Pop Out Windows a couple of times, but this would be way cooler.

Would it be possible to utilise Station Wagon Glass and Mechanisms?

Glass is curved but the Mechs suit and you could adapt the Framework from within a Wagon Tailgate, even the Bailey Channel and Seals. I assume it would be the same curve as already in a Van Tailgate, but you would have to measure to make sure.

Wagon Glass does close in a more forward slope at the top, but it would just be a matter of setting the Slide Mechs at the correct angle.

Kool Ideas! What You Think Could be Trick! 04012009

Most Wagon Tailgates Rust on the inside, so you should be able to pick up a cheap one just for the Glass and Mechs.

I am more than willing to take some measurements for you next weekend if it would help.

Regards

Rusty!

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Thu 26 Aug 2010, 6:51 pm

I still want the tyres Laughing
Imperfection
Imperfection

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Thu 26 Aug 2010, 7:00 pm

No Problem James.

I'll Email you a set. tongue

What Size do you want?

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Thu 26 Aug 2010, 7:07 pm

Rusty62TransAm wrote:No Problem James.

What Size do you want?

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil
14" please Cool
But on a series note in the 70s, you could get your tyres lettered with raised letters, with any thing you want.Their was a van in newie,that had cops suck fat Embarassed on them lol! Laughing Laughing I wonder what happend, to the tools that you could do that with Question If thet are still in someones shed.
Imperfection
Imperfection

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Thu 26 Aug 2010, 7:08 pm

Smallvan wrote:
Rusty62TransAm wrote:No Problem James.

What Size do you want?

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil
14" please Cool
But on a series note in the 70s, you could get your tyres lettered with raised letters, with any thing you want.Their was a van in newie,that had cops suck fat Embarassed on them lol! Laughing Laughing I wonder what happened, to the tools that you could do that with Question If they are still in someones shed.
oops i meant serious Laughing
Imperfection
Imperfection

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Thu 26 Aug 2010, 7:17 pm

pig pig silent lol! pig pig silent lol! pig pig silent lol! pig pig silent lol!

I hadn't seen Tyres with your own choice of Words.

That'd be pretty Cool!

Please let me know if you find out how/where.

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Thu 26 Aug 2010, 7:33 pm

Rusty62TransAm wrote:pig pig silent lol! pig pig silent lol! pig pig silent lol! pig pig silent lol!

I hadn't seen Tyres with your own choice of Words.

That'd be pretty Cool!

Please let me know if you find out how/where.

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil
He used to go, to the rickshaws rod show, and hand out pamphlets.But i don'y know what happend to him
Imperfection
Imperfection

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down