MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new toys :)

+3
The Zodiac
pez350
Epic_Dragon
7 posters

Go down

new toys :)  Empty new toys :)

Post  Epic_Dragon Mon 18 Oct 2010, 5:08 pm

as most of u wonderful fellas and ladies may know, theres 1/18 scale sandman panelvans being released. so far a manderin red one, and a mint dulip one. and soon a valencia orange. not sure how to spell that one today. well i managed to get a red one few weeks back Smile and then was very lucky to score a green one on the weekend, not as many of them being released. im saving up for the orange one when it is released. that one is HZ as far as im aware. so heres a couple shots of my little babies. i do have some 1:43 model sandmans i recieved for birthdays but they r hiding in a box somewhere since i moved from my house to here. and i need help to move other boxes to get to them. haha.
enjoy Smile

new toys :)  18171676
new toys :)  174adfb6
new toys :)  7df3ece2
new toys :)  B22da6d4
new toys :)  17e64a38

ive also managed to purchase a new engine for my pano. with some help from the little bit of back pay i recieved. and OH. we will b going to pick it up on saturday from Mt gambier. it used all my back pay pretty much. but i needed a new engine. got a good deal on a nice package. and will b using the auto it ocmes with. loom/etc for the conversion is being made too and will b getting sent Smile so if anyone is interested in a turbo 350 trans. ill b selling mine cheap Smile my current engine is geting traded for a mechanic friends assistance Smile so thats the soul sorted. now i need to plan how to do the body work. definately a lot of sanding with my feet to b done. dad will help with the welding.
ive never pulled the body off the chassis before, how easy r they to unbolt i guess? ive had replacement bushes, etc ready to go in it for quite some time.

also, whats the best way to make sure the ball joints dont fall out on me? i know they can b dodgey and fall out whilst driving? what is the best way to rectify this? that would really b upsetting to have the beast back on the road, and then a ball joint let go and write her off Sad wouldbreak my heart well and truly.
thankyou Smile
PS im so excited Very Happy shes going to b back sooooon Very Happy cheers bounce rockon burnout
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

http://add me on facebook, leonie dean or myspace www.myspace.co

Back to top Go down

new toys :)  Empty Re: new toys :)

Post  pez350 Mon 18 Oct 2010, 5:21 pm

Hi Leonie - love the models, the detail looks great, and should be come very collectible.

Great news on the new motor. I assume you found a 5 litre injected engine and tranny?

We want photos when you've picked it up lol!

Cheers
pez350
pez350
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://gallery.perryr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Mon 18 Oct 2010, 6:02 pm

hehe there will b photos Very Happy i was looking for an injected 5L. then stumbled upon somthing else, so did some research, spoke to my mechanic friend, and google google and googled some more.scoured parts mags, and spoke to knowledgable individuals haha,and it didnt cost a whole lot more than what i had found so far. but i lost my mind. and a VX senator motor will be the beasts new soul. with the trans it has. not as straightforward as the 5L. but it has the parts needed for the conversion too, the sump, the loom/computor, the mounts, extractors. haha i hope u guys dont disown me for ending up with a gen 3 pale but between my mechanic friend, and my partner (who was an installer before driving trucks) and an auto elec friend we have, hehe and thanks to the wonderful advice and ongoing help from the company im purchasing it from, its going to work Very Happy
not sure if its a bad idea, or a good one. but theoretically, it shouldnt break down on me again for a very long time affraid
im a bit like this tho confused silent gone drool woohoo drunken bounce pale Neutral Very Happy What a Face
the few good 5L ones i found kept falling thru on me Sad
im not sure if i know exactly what ive gotten myself in for tho banana bow a bit more expensive and harder, but think it will b worth it Very Happy the little bit i had in the bank has now packed its bags and gone bye byes. well, what ive got left is paying for one of the kitty to b desexed tomorrow, a new rug for one of the gee gees as his is not water proof anymore! a vet visit today for that same horse ds miss out on the adult tricycle i would like to get for now. but ill save back up again. learnt a lot from having no cash for a while!

see im ranting, and going on and on about randome stuff hahaha cant u tell im somewhat nervous and excited all at the same time?? bb
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Mon 18 Oct 2010, 6:18 pm

We still love you Leonie, Gen3 is a nice option for a van to have.

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Mon 18 Oct 2010, 7:49 pm

haha bb i am hugely relieved Very Happy will b taking lots of piccies. lost my camera so iphone may have to suffice if i cannot find it!
more expenses! tyres and water pump for the skyline Rolling Eyes u would think new tyres would have lasted more than 7000 kms hey! bad wheel alignment all over it. got to get those before i can drive that again.
tell u what it will b so nice to have 2 modified cars around for me to drive (disability mods) not that i can drive often or far. but will b nice to have mroe than one car to drive when things go wrong. cant drive the navara Sad and the pano is so much lighter on the steering may even get to venture further than 13kms away!
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  GT Mon 18 Oct 2010, 10:08 pm

Epic_Dragon wrote: im somewhat nervous and excited all at the same time?? bb

It's called "frighted excited" Cool Cool Cool ...and I do me "FRIGHTED"
GT
GT
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Tue 19 Oct 2010, 7:32 am

hehe sums it up perfectly GT!! Very Happy Cool Cool Shocked
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticXX7 Tue 19 Oct 2010, 10:08 am

There a good looking set of models. Looking forward to seeing the chev in the van Smile
MajesticXX7
MajesticXX7
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/RodNResto

Back to top Go down

Post  pez350 Tue 19 Oct 2010, 3:09 pm

Wow. The LS1 should be great in a van, good luck with the whole thing. Looking forward to seeing the progress.
pez350
pez350
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Tue 19 Oct 2010, 4:16 pm

Leonie,you made the right choice with the LS1 as long as you have it all it will be a sweet deal Smile

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Tue 19 Oct 2010, 9:44 pm

Great Models you have there Lethal Lee and well done on the new Motor & Gearbox Combo! thumbsup

Sounds like it is all coming together for you.

The Body's not hard to seperate from the Chassis. Just have to remove the Front Panels, Disconnect Hoses and Electrical, unbolt the Body, then get a Crew of Mates to help you lift off the Body off and place onto 44Gallon Drums; or make up a lifting rig.

There will be some photos on here. Smooth did it recently. I think its in Tech Tips 101.

Only too glad to help with further advice.

Good Luck!

regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil chev

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Tue 19 Oct 2010, 9:46 pm

Ps. Disconnect Fuel Filler, Speedo Cables and the like, Brake Maste Cylinder etc.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

Back to top Go down

Post  GT Tue 19 Oct 2010, 10:27 pm

I took my chassis out and put it back in by myself. All you need to have are some high jack stands or similar. I jacked the back up, with everything undone like bolts, electrical, brakes etc then lowered it onto stands. The body sat on the stands and the chassis simply dropped out from under it. Next was to jack the front and slip a piece of rhs under the front floor which was supported by smaller jack stands on either side then lowered the front and dragged the chassis out from underneath. As they say in the Gregorys workshop manual " installation was the reverse of removal" Razz Razz

Dont forgot to have the front supports wide enough to clear the diff if you dont remove it first.
new toys :)  IMGP2208
GT
GT
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Wed 20 Oct 2010, 8:28 am

thanks guys Smile hehe im so excited, first time ever my van will have a good engine!!! and trans!!!!!! never driven it with the turbo 350!! i have been reading the chassis removal thread, those stands look brilliant haha. but here we have lots of drums, access to engine crane, a tractor, and jacks and jack stands Smile sound like we have the tools for the job!
ill remmber that thanks GT. probably would b something id do, wonder y it wasnt coming out and then go "ohhh diffs in the way" haha
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Sun 24 Oct 2010, 9:23 pm

thought u guys may like to see the new soul Very Happy

the extractors/mounts will arrive in a week (the company is having a few problems with the suppliers courier going into recievership)
the ECU is getting remapped, and the loom is getting made/modified. all need now is sump, and cross member. then will b ready to go in. need an accelerator cable too. and will have to work out what to do with the guages as i dont think mine will work with this. haha. scratch

rockon rockon rockon rockon rockon rockon rockon cheers

new toys :)  54323130
new toys :)  5c33eb2f
new toys :)  4ef662bd
new toys :)  17ca7c3f
new toys :)  56da5fcc
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Mon 25 Oct 2010, 12:10 pm

Nice bit of Gear there Leonie! Cool thumbsup chev

I hope the install goes well.

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil chev

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Back to top Go down

Post  pez350 Mon 25 Oct 2010, 6:33 pm

Great setup Leonie, you must be very excited. I look forward to seeing it in the van. I'm sure you cant' wait to get it in, and running!
pez350
pez350
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Tue 26 Oct 2010, 7:53 am

nope cant wait at all Smile will b happening soon Smile looking at trading the skyline and the nav in on a VE ute. useful, and we dont need so many cars when the pano and the gtr r on the road. and i struggle driving the rather firm on the steering skyline, as much as i love it Crying or Very sad but a ute will work well at carting car bits around. the nav doesnt have a very big tray haha, and its manual so i cant drive it now!!! also freeing up some extra coin to spend on the beast Very Happy
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum