MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 things that define an '80 show van!

+11
Squeaker2
fc59
Imperfection
vantom
12slotter
Epic_Dragon
Blue Diamond
VANDIL
Rusty62TransAm
Van Halen
The Zodiac
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

5 things that define an '80 show van! Empty 5 things that define an '80 show van!

Post  The Zodiac Tue 09 Feb 2010, 10:09 pm

List the 5 things you think of when you think of old school vans! Here's mine.

1. Custom fronts and body work! (Some were better done than others and some were wilder than others!) Laughing
2. Bubble Windows
3. Diamond studded interiors!(With a mirrored ceiling and mini bar!)
4. Murals! (Every van needs one!) Laughing
5. Chrome plating on everything that unbolts! (Including Jag rear ends!)
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

5 things that define an '80 show van! Empty Re: 5 things that define an '80 show van!

Post  Van Halen Wed 10 Feb 2010, 12:39 pm

I think you have fairly summed it all up Cool

VH.

Van Halen

Back to top Go down

5 things that define an '80 show van! Empty Re: 5 things that define an '80 show van!

Post  Rusty62TransAm Thu 11 Feb 2010, 12:53 pm

Ok Van Halen, you sound about my age so I must say "Wakey, Wakey!" affraid

But don't worry too much, I also suffer from Old Timers. afro

There are a couple of very important ingredients missing.
1. Mirror Tiles
2. Disco Balls afro
3. Lava Lamps
4. The Lamp things that were made with Fishing Line like in the back of Blue Image
5. Not as common but they did make an appearance here and there - Faux Bricks

My second five:
1. Random Groove Panelling
2. Shag Pile Carpet
3. That Fluffy Bathroom Matting Stuff.
4. Wide Wheels the Wider the Better
5. Tailgate up with a few Fine Ladies and a couple of Mates taking turns in the back, Cruising the Esplanade!!!! This one should probably be #1! Wink

I'd better stop before I spoil everyone's fun.

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  Van Halen Thu 11 Feb 2010, 6:11 pm

Well I am a year younger Razz and only five was mentioned and I know I could of added a lot more but you have done that for us Very Happy

Here are a couple of more

Chevy drops
Babes with short to very short jean shorts
tight tops no bras walking around shows.
Man I married one of them Very Happy
Big flares
12 slotters and strikers
GXL Bonnets on holdens

Van Halen

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Thu 11 Feb 2010, 6:13 pm

Rusty62TransAm wrote:5. Tailgate up with a few Fine Ladies and a couple of Mates taking turns in the back, Cruising the Esplanade!!!! This one should probably be #1! Wink
You'd get arrested for doing this these days Rusty. Rolling Eyes
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Thu 11 Feb 2010, 6:16 pm

Have you got any photos of your old van/current van VH that you'd like to share with us?
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Van Halen Thu 11 Feb 2010, 6:43 pm

Also roof spoilers.
Custom grilles
Shaved door handles
And just sitting on the tailgate and kicking back.
I will see what pics I may have left of my van's as we had a lot of photo's damaged by water a few years ago.
I had a HT, HQ and a HZ ,as for a current van I am looking around at the moment and I am very fussy I wan't to build it as my own it will be between an FJ van or EH and would prefer it as a roller.

VH

Van Halen

Back to top Go down

Post  VANDIL Thu 11 Feb 2010, 8:34 pm

1) Jacked up Arse End.
2) Mirror Tiles.
3) TV.
4) Curtains made by your MUM
5) Beach Blonde girl whos parents hated you big time
Cheers....
VANDIL
VANDIL
Part of The Furniture
Part of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Thu 11 Feb 2010, 9:47 pm

I have to say this one....what about vanners in tight Adidas shorts all year round....some people never let go of the past LOL
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  Van Halen Thu 11 Feb 2010, 10:43 pm

Oh yes the adidas shorts I am guilty of wearing them but only in spring and summer way back then and a pair of adidas romes I can't beleive there are guy's that still wear those shorts Laughing

VH.

Van Halen

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Fri 12 Feb 2010, 3:11 am

I still wear Adidas Romes! Laughing
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Fri 12 Feb 2010, 7:01 am

I know Rob. You can still buy Adidas Romes, its just those who have the old 3-stripe Adidas shorts thats a worry, you cant buy them anymore, especially the very short ones...

The thought makes me cringe
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Fri 12 Feb 2010, 11:31 am

5. Tailgate up with a few Fine Ladies and a couple of Mates taking turns in the back, Cruising the Esplanade!!!! This one should probably be #1! Wink

hehe i must say! what is wrong with tailgate up and a couple of fine gentlemen in the back? Twisted Evil
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

http://add me on facebook, leonie dean or myspace www.myspace.co

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Fri 12 Feb 2010, 12:19 pm

That's the way Guys & Gals. Twisted Evil

Got you thinking.

Great to see you getting excited there Van Halen, being an Old Fella like me and all. cheers Looking forward to seeing some Pics of your past Vans.

Now Leonie, be careful there you'll be getting all us Old Blokes excited and our hearts may give in!! affraid

Panel Vans always were a problem for the Mum's & Dad's way back then.
Now I've got teenage Kids of my own, I now understand why! lol! That's right, the Kids think you were born Old and never lived. scratch

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Fri 12 Feb 2010, 2:43 pm

ur not that old Razz jsut a figment of ur imagination! age is infact just a number! my dad missed the panelvan bug, but we r from the uk! he is 47 hehe. and he HATES my panelvan. i think it is because he is jealous it kept running long after his newer cars bit the dust hehe. Laughing but maybe it is for the reason of the many men in the back Wink not that mines been thru that, have been shooting from the back, bunnies dont suspect the innocent panelvan, nor do foxes! kangaroo try kamakazi with it!

hehe the oldies r always on to us kiddies. tho i myself r past the teenage years! 24 and counting Cool i didnt think u stopped living at ur age fellas! it would have been good to be new when u guys were! all the panelvans in all their splendor. not all sick and barely breathing that a lot of them r now. and not targets for nasty police men who wish to defect u! if i could would go back in time, buy some brand new sandman pano's and utes hehe and bury them in shipping containers in undisclosed locations, come back to day and have myself some very nice untouched beasts.

on another note, who has the majestic vanners page on facebook? tried to join but seems it does not want me Sad
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon

http://add me on facebook, leonie dean or myspace www.myspace.co

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Fri 12 Feb 2010, 9:19 pm

SMQQTH's got the Majestic Vanners site on facebook Leonie, we'll see what we can do. Wink
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Van Halen Sat 13 Feb 2010, 12:56 pm

Another thing that reminds me and I had them on my HT van are side pipes and I still think today vans should be allowed to have them.

I could get into a debate about cobra's having them but I won't Mad

VH.

Van Halen

Back to top Go down

Post  12slotter Sun 07 Mar 2010, 11:45 pm

Just done reading all this memorabilia stuff it does take ya back a bit hey and by looking at the ages of you blokes ...AM I THE OLDEST MEMBER @53 (now that hurt) Shocked may change my profile name to ...THE BIG KAHOONA .....SPELL CHECK PLEASE... the stories i could tell like the run we had to Apollo Bay (Vic) CIRCA 1975-6 About 50 vans- we all parked in and around the local (as u do) back then only ...anyway about 250 Hells Angles turned up . affraid and parked their Bikes amongst us, we all walked around each others machines us sayin' G'Day nice bikes ,and in reply we got a few grunts back .. I can still feel the tension in the air ..for some reason a lot of them didn't like vanners I thought some of us might leave with boot marks on our vans .. but as I recall the w/end went well after that .We all set up camp on the local footy ground (had permit) we all did our vanning games we had sack races, egg and spoon races even tying partners legs together ..left with right so it looks like a jake the peg look
(rolf harris) Deedle Deedle Deedle Dum...... GREAT DAYS A GREAT TIME........ CHEERS MICK afro
12slotter
12slotter
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  vantom Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

12slotter wrote:Just done reading all this memorabilia stuff it does take ya back a bit hey and by looking at the ages of you blokes ...AM I THE OLDEST MEMBER @53 (now that hurt) Shocked may change my profile name to ...THE BIG KAHOONA .....SPELL CHECK PLEASE... the stories i could tell like the run we had to Apollo Bay (Vic) CIRCA 1975-6 About 50 vans- we all parked in and around the local (as u do) back then only ...anyway about 250 Hells Angles turned up . affraid and parked their Bikes amongst us, we all walked around each others machines us sayin' G'Day nice bikes ,and in reply we got a few grunts back .. I can still feel the tension in the air ..for some reason a lot of them didn't like vanners I thought some of us might leave with boot marks on our vans .. but as I recall the w/end went well after that .We all set up camp on the local footy ground (had permit) we all did our vanning games we had sack races, egg and spoon races even tying partners legs together ..left with right so it looks like a jake the peg look
(rolf harris) Deedle Deedle Deedle Dum...... GREAT DAYS A GREAT TIME........ CHEERS MICK afro
Yeh I remember Jak the peg leg mate, I was only a kid then but remember it well! I'm 10 years behind ya mate. so dont feel to bad. I also remember Pano's b'n everwhere to! When the good 'ol malabo rake was a big thing! (front down,bum up) & if it dident have a mural on it, it wasent a pano!always dect out in the back. ther were kah builders dedacaterd to costom van's only, you could walk in with a stoker & leave with a fully costomised pano!! HOW KOOOLL WAZ THAT! Bring back the good 'ol dayz! burnout elvis
vantom
vantom
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm

To me it was fill my brothers hq van up with surfboards, and head up the highway/goat track called the pacific highway.To foster seal rocks and beyond,with about 4 other vans in convoy, there was a mini van, a 173 three on the tree hq, and a 68 falcon van 302 powered. And our 253 slush box, all playing black sabbath one the pioneer tape players. Laughing Good times
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Post  vantom Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:36 pm

tape play hotrod er's? as in 8 track! dont suppos you have any pix ov the 68 falcon mate? as well as the rest ov ya mad pano'z!
vantom
vantom
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Mon 23 Jul 2012, 3:49 pm

vantom wrote:tape play hotrod er's? as in 8 track! dont suppos you have any pix ov the 68 falcon mate? as well as the rest ov ya mad pano'z!
No mate lost everything in the newcastle floods.All my memorys from the seventies and eighties Crying or Very sad
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:17 pm

im far to young to coment but illl have a crack

in no particular order

1 intera lighting weather it be strobe lights or lava lamps ect
2 shag pile
3 dimond tuffing
4 fat tyers
5 air brushing

fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Post  vantom Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:34 pm

Imperfection wrote:
vantom wrote:tape play hotrod er's? as in 8 track! dont suppos you have any pix ov the 68 falcon mate? as well as the rest ov ya mad pano'z!
No mate lost everything in the newcastle floods.All my memorys from the seventies and eighties Crying or Very sad
NOW thatz gota hurt!!!!! sorry to hear that! I can kinda sympathiz with ya mate,back in 2002 I had all my belongings,tools ect ect stord in my dads shed,and then it burnt to the ground! lost it all!! had to start from scratch!!5 things that define an '80 show van! 13427310

vantom
vantom
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Squeaker2 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:19 am

fc59 wrote:im far to young to coment but illl have a crack

in no particular order

1 intera lighting weather it be strobe lights or lava lamps ect
2 shag pile
3 dimond tuffing
4 fat tyers
5 air brushing

Damn just got to work on the brushing then!
Neil

Squeaker2
Resident
Resident

http://www.squeakerclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next