MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on getting a car from interstate

3 posters

Go down

Advice on getting a car from interstate Empty Advice on getting a car from interstate

Post  Epic_Dragon Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:39 pm

hey my fellow wonderful MVers Smile

was just wondering what anybodys experiences with buying a car interstate (or even sendingone) are. we have bought a golf from brisbane. and were going to fly and drive, but for same price we can have it trucked to adelaide. saves kms on the car and our time. finance is all ok, and current owner is sending all necessary stuff through to the bank from his end. we just need to organise getting it home, whic hwant to do asap. we are limited to when we can fly over, with work and fluffies (and newborn lamb) do banks send their bank cheque to the current owner and then we take it in good faith car will go on truck? or does the cheque go to the trucking company to then hand over on delivery?

what would/has anyone done? or is it still just easier and safer for all involved to just fly, hand cheque and drive? LOL!!
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

http://add me on facebook, leonie dean or myspace www.myspace.co

Back to top Go down

Advice on getting a car from interstate Empty Re: Advice on getting a car from interstate

Post  Epic_Dragon Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm

i think we will just be flying over. at least then if its not as it seems, we can just fly home.
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Advice on getting a car from interstate Empty Re: Advice on getting a car from interstate

Post  Rusty62TransAm Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:25 pm

Gidday Lethal

Great to see that you came up with the best solution by yourself. lol!

Sometimes it helps to say things out loud to clear your head.

Regards

Rusty! Twisted Evil chev

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  CURSED Wed 14 Sep 2011, 1:19 am

fly drive and checkout the sights on the way home, its a gamble but its fun
CURSED
CURSED

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:08 pm

yep Smile definately helps to speak them out, and be able to read them a few times haha Smile

we flew to qld first thing friday morning, god it was nice to be in the air Very Happy i lvoe flying, wish i could still fly a plane, but no more Sad then we headed to dubbo,stayed the night, and then arrived home just after 5pm SA time yesterday. some lovely countryside on the way home Smile
having a numb bladder served us well as didnt have to stop much Very Happy haha. and car was awesome. though got uncomfortable with my nerve pain. and OH didnt let me drive any (other than a short spurt in dubbo to servo and back to motel) as he was having way to much fun driving it LOL. the hay plains are so boring though. all lovely and then suddenly nothing for ages!
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum