MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

couple of parts help please

2 posters

Go down

couple of parts help please Empty couple of parts help please

Post  0488TINTER Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:36 am

Need to get a few things and wanted to see if anyone can help:

Blinker stalk jammed when i switched my wipers on in the rain the other day so i need to get a new one
anyone know of cheap ones Smile
ill settle for the $20 if i can pick one up in Sydney
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/380339939450?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Then, to top it off, yesterday i heard the wiper scratching and thought the blade had popped out when i realised the two middle supports had crapped themself and actually come part from the middle (looks impossible to fix) so the blade is hanging on by just the two end channel suppots (drivers side WB)
So i looked on evilbay and found these; anone used them? Seem to be perfect option
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190524376619?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Also, i want to start on the inside of my van so i was thinking of putting material on the complete roof. A place i do tinting for uses that grey material thats a little fluffy that is also used a lot on large concert style speakers. They tell me its great to work with ad will bend and stretch so it wont bunch up. Im looking at removing my front roof lining and covering pretty much everything above the windows.
Anyone had any issues with doing this?

Im also planning on an overhead console. Anyone know of grid plan to cut one out or the like

0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

http://www.0488TINTER.com

Back to top Go down

couple of parts help please Empty Re: couple of parts help please

Post  fc59 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm

i have the intera of my hilux retrimed by a mate and for the back wall off the cab he used stretchable carpet it worked great it conforms well but i dont know if id use it for a hood lining because you use a contact adhesive to attach it

contact adhesive is great but it will melt when exposed to high heat when i was shop fitting if laminate was ever mis layed we would break out the heat guns and peal it off but in saying that the contact that my trimer mate used on my llux has never pealed or moved or melted and it has been on there for 5/6 years

and as far as the over head console gos look on some 4wd forums and place a wonted add one will turn up cheap enough and local of not
go to coldys or arb thay both deal with them and are relative local ie penriff or windsor id personally deal with coldys i find them better people to barter with

also ill keep an ear to the ground for you

ps what is your work address and what time do you close up i have to take the van to get new front tyres tomoro and while im out that way ill drop around you can give me price on some tint for the front windows
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Post  0488TINTER Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:09 pm

fc59 wrote:and as far as the over head console gos look on some 4wd forums and place a wonted add one will turn up cheap enough and local of not
go to coldys or arb thay both deal with them and are relative local ie penriff or windsor id personally deal with coldys i find them better people to barter with
Most 4x4 stuff is soooo overpriced its beyond a joke
id rather just make one, but a template would help

fc59 wrote:what is your work address and what time do you close up i have to take the van to get new front tyres tomoro and while im out that way ill drop around you can give me price on some tint for the front windows
8/159 Chifley St, Wetherill Park

I dont open the shop like regular people though, i do a lot of contract work so im always out on site
i have a job on at the shop at 8am so ill pobably be there till about 10:30 to 11 at the latest
you can just tell me what you have in mind and i can let you know what it's worth
0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:34 pm

sorry ive got no templates but ill go digging

and im after new mirror tint on my drivers and passengers windows hopfly it matches what i have on the rear windows
fc59
fc59

Back to top Go down

Post  0488TINTER Tue 07 Feb 2012, 9:45 pm

we could always change the whole lot to blue mirror Smile
0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Wed 08 Feb 2012, 7:23 pm

i realy like the current mirror tint colour but ill have to call around one day to desus some options

ive just payed for the new front wheels and alingment on the van $$$ ive got to pay for the gear box reconditioning $$$$ and the hilux needs regestering $$$$$ and insurance $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ affraid affraid affraid and a full fluid change and a new set of rear breaks $$$$$$ pale

im taped out till i can till i get some overtime hh 2cents
fc59
fc59

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum