MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floods

+5
Rusty62TransAm
Time Lapse
The Zodiac
RAT BAG
Bowtie383
9 posters

Go down

Floods Empty Floods

Post  Bowtie383 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:31 am

I am concerned for our fellow membersand friends in Albury,Tumut,the Snowy Mountians and other southern ereas in the southern part of the state with the news saying that these ereas will be flooded,please take care guys and lets hope the report is wrong and that yourselves and family and property stay safe.

Best Wishes Tony.
chev
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Floods Empty Re: Floods

Post  RAT BAG Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:01 am

I was wondering thismorning how Rob was going. We are ok here in Wagga but the surrounding towns are copping it bad.
RAT BAG
RAT BAG
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

Tumuts copped a fair bit, some areas have been evacuated with the rising waters and a few roads have been cut off. I'm pretty safe we're up the hill a little bit so fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse. Last time this happened Troy was up here and brad seen our vans in Wagga! Smile

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Floods Empty Re; Floods.

Post  Time Lapse Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

To Every one out there in Flood affected/prone areas Stay safe and take care, As one of our local road signs say's If it is FLOODED FORGET IT and that is so true. We Hope that all the people in the Flood prone areas throughout Oz are O.K....The sunshine coast hinterland area and in particular the townships of Pomona and Cooroy ....albeit Pomona in particular copped an absolute Flogging last Friday night with Rainfall of 320 mm plus in a couple of hours causing flash flooding in Pomona to Homes and businesses, the high tide mark in those places was 1 Metre plus, certainly the highest by far in living memory it seems. Every one is O.K. but millions of dollars of damage all up. Some roofs in Cooroy were ripped of in a preceding storm last Tuesday which was followed by heavy prolonged rain fall, this storm cell coupled with Friday's extra ordinary storm is what lead to the devastation. crap and the cleanup continues with towns folk standing shoulder to shoulder to get the job done.......( for Photo, try Sunshine coast Daily or Noosa News or Ch 7 sunshine Coast websites ) Please Be Safe and Best wishes. Cheers John.
Time Lapse
Time Lapse
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2024!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Fri 02 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

Thanks Tony

I'm sorry to here that John.

We’re fairly high up in our Valley, so apart from the water running through from the Sports Ground above us we’re under no threat from the Creek below. The Flood Mitigation hasn’t had to be tested to the limit as yet.

It does mean that they didn’t start on my New Shed on Tuesday though! Crying or Very sad

There’s a lot of water flowing through the Creeks around Town. I suppose it will depend on how much and how soon we get more steady rain.

There are Flood warnings for Towns above the Weir/Dam and I know that there has been a lot of damage to the Country Roads out of Town.

Let's hope that there are no loss of lives this time around.

As John said "Stay Safe!"

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  wizard1 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:59 pm

we were up at sunrise beach (just out of noosa) last friday night visiting mrs wizards uncle and i have never seen so much rain in all my life we were actual in tewantin at his favourite chinese restaurant (tai ping) having dinner while alot of the rain was happening and driving back to his place there was so much water on the road and when we got back to his place the power was out so that was fun luckily the old htc mobile had a good led light in it because we needed it to try and find his candles.i hope we dont get rain like that here thanx wizard

wizard1
Part of The Furniture
Part of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 06 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

The worst has past us and hopefully wont return! I messaged Rat Bag this morning at 7 when I finished work, he'd been up all night sandbagging and preparing for the worse......... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Some pics I borrowed off wastebook of Tumut the other day.....

Floods Tumut

Floods Tumut1