MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

piggy piggy piggy

4 posters

Go down

piggy piggy piggy Empty piggy piggy piggy

Post  fc59 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 9:48 pm

the begings of a new pig

on the weekend i was bord with no parts to work on the van i decided that i would build a new pig
now i hear you ask what sort of pig can you build ?
well this is my pig mark one

piggy piggy piggy P3190010
now i hear you ask why call it a pig have a closer look a the pic below
piggy piggy piggy P3190011
piggy piggy piggy P3190012
i made it because at tuff truck [summernats for 4wds] you are not allowd to have a open fire after some incidents involving leathal amounts of bundy and fire Bottoms Up Bottoms Up Bottoms Up Bottoms Up Bottoms Up Bottoms Up devilidea gg

so i took a very efficent way of heating a 9kg gas bottel and turned it into a portable wood fire place
[and yes i emptyed the gas out befor i started welding i cant imagine id be pig typing this with out the aid of a pencil between my lips if i didnt] lmao

i started by taking out the old valve and filling the bottel with watter and leaving it for a week so any excess gas could excape slowly
then i ground the top ring off and cut a curcle in the top of the bottel and one inthe side and turned the hole thing on its side so the top is the frount and the side is now the top scratch

then i just welded some 10mm rod together for the bottom grill to ad air flow and welded the top ring in mark two the ring is replaced with a squair i thought that it would be easyer but not by much NOTE i made the bottom air flow grill the same ID as the squair opening in the top/side is if i ever for get the grill plate i can still cook bacon less the eggs geek
this is who mark two looks so far

piggy piggy piggy Dsc_0014
piggy piggy piggy Dsc_0015
piggy piggy piggy Dsc_0016
next im going to weld some OD ID tube to the bottom of the pig mark two and just have the legs held in by gravity rather than threded plumbing tube like in mark one

pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig pig

also i havent got a pic of it yet i but i managed to score a screming eagle exaust pipe of a harly for the pig mark one i might take some phots of that mark three will havee a set of extractors out each side as warming plates to keep the cooked food warm or for a hot water system havnt quite worked witch id rather hot shower or hot food hmmmmmmm scratch
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

piggy piggy piggy Empty Re: piggy piggy piggy

Post  Rusty62TransAm Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

SWEET!

I've got a couple of Gas Bottles you can collect when you come down for the Van-In.

You can bring Piggy with you of it'll fit. It gets a little cool here at nights at Easter.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

piggy piggy piggy Empty Re: piggy piggy piggy

Post  The Zodiac Tue 20 Mar 2012, 1:05 pm

Very, very cool!!!! And resourceful too! Twisted Evil