MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van Nats 2011.

+8
VANDIL
Jonny James
pez350
Elegantly Wasted
Blue Diamond
BRUTLE
freestyler1
The Zodiac
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Van Nats 2011. Empty Van Nats 2011.

Post  The Zodiac Mon 05 Apr 2010, 10:25 pm

Hey guys so does anyone know where next years nats will be?
Or does anyone have a prefered location? I'd like Holbrook or Albury. Tumut would be even better! But that'd never happen in a million years! lol!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Van Nats 2011. Empty Re: Van Nats 2011.

Post  freestyler1 Mon 05 Apr 2010, 10:44 pm

Checkmate wrote:Hey guys so does anyone know where next years nats will be?
Or does anyone have a prefered location? I'd like Holbrook or Albury. Tumut would be even better! But that'd never happen in a million years! lol!

It could happen in Tumut.....
You just need to raise that arm of yours high in the air.....
Contact VCV and presto it's a gone conclusion for 2011.

alien alien alien alien alien
freestyler1
freestyler1
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Mon 05 Apr 2010, 11:48 pm

Mate I've raised my hand high before and organised a heap of van get togethers and reunions here in NSW and we cant even get members of other clubs to attend them when there in their own backyard and have a heap of vanning legends there and a free BBQ! So why bother wasting my time organising an event that'd get boycotted anyway? MV has been pretty much shunned by the vanning community, if Rhino,SMQQTH,Vandil and the boys wanted to organise a nats I wish them the best but I can tell you now my input would be a minimum if any. Rolling Eyes
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  BRUTLE Thu 22 Apr 2010, 2:14 pm

Easter 2011 - to the vote
mazdragon on 19/4/2010, 12:35 pm

.Ok peoples, it's time..... yes it's time to put it to a vote..... there will be 3 presentations at the next VCV meeting in Oakleigh on 6/5/2010, meeting starts 8pm sharp, there's a lot to get through and if you want to be a part of the voting for where we end up next easter, i suggest you drag yourself out of the comfort of your armchair and come down and join us to see whats on offer (that was one sentence!!!!). We also have a presentation re Halls Gap as there have been some changes to the current venue we have gone to. We have a new venue if the interest is there.

So, don't say we didn't tell you, you are being warned... the nats will be where the majority vote decides. Be a part of it.... we may also be lookg for volunteers to assist with organisation of the nats for next year depending on where the final vote decides.

Also, Murray will continue to do the BBQ's prior to the meetings from about 6 - 6:30pm... so if your worried about dinner, dinner can be served... just BYO your softdrink...... from memory, sausages are $2 in bread.....

Rob just put a proposal together mate get on a plane get down there & present it ! what have you to loose if you want to throw your hat in the ring ...... take a deep breath & do it . Daz has stated he will be putting a live stream link up for payed members of the VCV so they can follow & also submit there vote by phone . its a majority vote decides as Maz has stated so you guys get ur asses into gear put together a proposal, submit it ! then drum up some support by people (you will have mine & Little Isabelle's Vote) that are willing to become members & your on your way . as always mate you can count on our support where we can !
BRUTLE
BRUTLE
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Thu 22 Apr 2010, 5:38 pm

Hey Al, MV maybe putting a proposal together for the 2011 nats mate, I doubt very much I'll be at the VCV meeting, I dont know if I'll be working or not. But Im sure someone will be there to submit it. Im not a member of the VCV so I wont get to vote, and Im not about to join up with them just to vote for a van nats proposal.
Cheers Rob
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Fri 30 Apr 2010, 10:52 pm

Well guys, I can now confirm that MV was seriously considering putting together a proposal for the 2011 Van Nats in a location in NSW or Victoria.

However, due to time constraints, we have had to postpone staging an event. If we had another 2 weeks, we could have put a proposal together.

Instead, we have decided to immediately concentrate our efforts towards the NSW Van Council.

We are disappointed but we feel that the NSWVC would put us on an even playing field with the VCV, which is not readily apparent at the moment.

We are confident that one day MV as part of NSWVC would stage the NSW Van Nats in NSW.
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Wed 05 May 2010, 10:15 pm

Well people a lot of things can happen over a weekend and I can now say that MV has put in a proposal for the 2011 Van Nats.

I wont reveal the location until tomorrow nite but its on the main highway between Sydney and Melbourne.

Alot of work has gone into the proposal but we wont know the outcome until tomorrow night.

Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  Elegantly Wasted Thu 06 May 2010, 6:08 pm

$250 sponsorship if you have a winning bid

However, even an optimist like myself can see no good coming from this.
All I see will be an a new opportunity to complain about something that you do not have a full understanding of.
Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Thu 06 May 2010, 11:47 pm

Well guys we gave it our best shot but we have been pipped to the post by Phillip Island.

Our proposal was for Albury, with the support of the local council and many local businesses, in 2011.

This was attainable, contrary to those who have previously commented in this forum.

We will now direct our energies towards the NSW Van Council and if anyone from MV wants to camp on the side of the hill in Phillip Island next year, at the Nats, you are most welcome.
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Fri 07 May 2010, 7:40 am

Well we gave it a shot and missed out, such is life.
A big congratulations to the winning bidders and Phillip Island, hope it's a roaring success.
Fres, we've moved on mate and have been for quite, apparently it's just taking a few people a bit longer than some to work this out.
We're all trying to move the van scene ahead but I fail to see why you need to post such a negative comment about a group of van enthusiasts that put in a bid to run the van nationals, at least we put our hands up to have a go. (Instead of talking in riddles).
Hopefully your negative outlook isnt something that sticks around for to long or rubs off on others, especially if you want to play a role in getting a NSW van council up and running. Posting things on other sites about Checkered Princes and Yellow Army's only inflames people, just let it rest.(We've well and truely had enough).
I commend Rusty for trying to get the van council going and putting a hand up in our nats bid, but it's not the first time NSW vanners have tried to be united. We've had open runs at many locations, most noteably Wollongong and Kiama that gave other van owners a chance to break bread and mingle but they chose not to take us up on our offer, hopefully they wont be so silly when it comes to the van council.
You can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink.

See you on the street.
Rob king
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  pez350 Sat 08 May 2010, 12:01 pm

Blue Diamond wrote:Well guys we gave it our best shot but we have been pipped to the post by Phillip Island.

Our proposal was for Albury, with the support of the local council and many local businesses, in 2011.

This was attainable, contrary to those who have previously commented in this forum.

We will now direct our energies towards the NSW Van Council and if anyone from MV wants to camp on the side of the hill in Phillip Island next year, at the Nats, you are most welcome.

I'm disappointed, as I would like to have seen the event in Albury as a MV event - Phillip Island is a cold and windy place at that time of year, which is one of the reasons (amongst others) I only went down for a day trip this year.

I would have thought that a new location and organising group should have got the nod.
pez350
pez350
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://gallery.perryr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Sat 08 May 2010, 2:28 pm

The final count at the VCV meeting on Thursday night was:

15 - Phillip Island
11 - Benalla
4 - Albury

Phillip Island was successful due to a number of reasons - it was the preferred location as the current VCV President was supporting it and that he was able to secure lower camping fees.

I agree with you Perry. P/Island is a cold wind swept place in winter time.

We did consider Winton Raceway, Benalla, but I thought the public liability costs would be astronomical but Russell thought that all of their costs would have been inclusive of public liability. I dont think we got a response, You may have to check with Russell on this one.

I know Albury/Wodonga has been done to death by the VCV (I think 15 years in one place??) but the problem is that VCV didnt try hard enough in that period of time. Now Albury Council is screaming out for events to promote the city. They even gave Russell a list of other car-related events that will be held in the future. We had local businesses lined up and everything. This was all achieved in less than 5 days.

I dont know what the VCV sees in P/Island. I honestly think they hate interstate vanners telling them how to run an event. Maybe they do, maybe they dont.

I long for the day when the NSW Van Council can run its own Van Nats and teach those stuck-in-the-rut vanners in the VCV that this is the way to run a Van Show. I know Van Nats have been done in the past in NSW - sometimes successfully and sometimes unsuccessfully - but surely now is the time for change.

Sean
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  pez350 Sat 08 May 2010, 6:16 pm

It should be no surprise I guess that "VCV" has the word "Victoria" in it, and it's VCV members that vote. Foregone conclusion I suppose. Does the VCV own the rights to the "Van Nationals" name?
pez350
pez350
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://gallery.perryr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Elegantly Wasted Sat 08 May 2010, 6:33 pm

Checkmate wrote:
Fres, we've moved on mate and have been for quite, apparently it's just taking a few people a bit longer than some to work this out.
We're all trying to move the van scene ahead but I fail to see why you need to post such a negative comment about a group of van enthusiasts that put in a bid to run the van nationals, at least we put our hands up to have a go. (Instead of talking in riddles).
Hopefully your negative outlook isnt something that sticks around for to long or rubs off on others, especially if you want to play a role in getting a NSW van council up and running. Posting things on other sites about Checkered Princes and Yellow Army's only inflames people, just let it rest.(We've well and truely had enough).
I commend Rusty for trying to get the van council going and putting a hand up in our nats bid, but it's not the first time NSW vanners have tried to be united. We've had open runs at many locations, most noteably Wollongong and Kiama that gave other van owners a chance to break bread and mingle but they chose not to take us up on our offer, hopefully they wont be so silly when it comes to the van council.
You can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink.

See you on the street.
Rob king
Rob, don't want to embarrass you with the details on your own site, although more than happy to discuss it in person. The facts are...
The Albury bid would have been successful last Easter as all entrants get to vote. As no bids were put forward it defaults to a room full of Victorians at a VCV meeting. Some will vote for the best venue and some will vote for whats closest to home. With my 30 Van Nats experience, I offered my assistance with a blueprint for success, but you knew better. The Albury bid still has a very high chance for winning next Easter for 2012. The $250 sponsorship for a successful bid is still valid, if you pre-enter 2011 and support the event.

When I saw Rusty's initiative on the fourth attempt to get vanning officially organised in NSW, I saw it as a new hope and offered my support. New hope, fourth attempt, free time - all the ingredients for a some creative humour. 1984 (the first attempt) plus the four most influential van enthusiasts from NSW (although a fifth is emerging) lightly disguised in a pop culture story. You should be flattered to be included, as no malice was intended or implied. The MV's I have been in contact with, found it amusing - as intended. For organising NSW vanning, you no longer need unanimous support from the influentials, as club members are now thinking for themselves, but you still need a majority.

Check you photos again from Wollongong and you will see Sundowners and independent vanners were keeping up with MV for numbers.

All positive...

Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sat 08 May 2010, 7:00 pm

Fres dont want to embarass you with your ignorance, but "I didnt know better", about our bid to organise a van nats. Rusty and Sean organised it, not me, so before you carry on like a pork chop and get all high and mighty with your infinate wisdom get your facts straight. I look forward to discussing this face to face at our next run.
And I hate to break it to you, but a NSW van nats bid doesn't need your blessing or assistance to be put forward, your not the god of vanning in NSW mate.
If you want to organise a bid for Albury in 2012, I wish you all the best and hope it goes well.
Cheers Rob king
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny James Sat 08 May 2010, 7:14 pm

how does dani ute muster sound for our next run?
Jonny James
Jonny James
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Sat 08 May 2010, 8:14 pm

Fres

I just to wish to set the record straight.

Russell and myself put together the MV proposal for Albury. I dont know where you thought Rob put it together.

In fact, we consulted quite a few MVers before put in a proposal. We did ask you for input, not once, but twice. We waited and waited but you said nothing, and then when we did something about it, you spat the dummy. You criticised me when I was assisting you in the 2006 Nats but your behaviour then is exactly the same now. You are nothing but a control freak. It has to be your way or nothing else. You didnt even consult Andy, Jodie, Woody, Kerry and myself when you changed the name of the 2006 Australian Van Nats to the 2006 Hogs Breath Van Nats, one month prior to Easter 2006.

I know we can organise the NSW Van Council without your assistance. It was done in 1989 and it can be done now.

Sean
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sat 08 May 2010, 8:39 pm

SMQQTH wrote:how does dani ute muster sound for our next run?
If im not working I'm keen! If Ive still got the HZ be a great opportunity to advertise it for sale,(could always jam the bullbar back on it! LOL) or if my new toy arrives I can take it or you can pick me up on the way through Jon. Cool
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Elegantly Wasted Sun 09 May 2010, 10:00 pm

Checkmate wrote:Fres dont want to embarass you with your ignorance, but "I didnt know better", about our bid to organise a van nats. Rusty and Sean organised it, not me, so before you carry on like a pork chop and get all high and mighty with your infinate wisdom get your facts straight. I look forward to discussing this face to face at our next run.
And I hate to break it to you, but a NSW van nats bid doesn't need your blessing or assistance to be put forward, your not the god of vanning in NSW mate.
If you want to organise a bid for Albury in 2012, I wish you all the best and hope it goes well.
Cheers Rob king

Blue Diamond wrote:Fres

I just to wish to set the record straight.

Russell and myself put together the MV proposal for Albury. I dont know where you thought Rob put it together.

In fact, we consulted quite a few MVers before put in a proposal. We did ask you for input, not once, but twice. We waited and waited but you said nothing, and then when we did something about it, you spat the dummy. You criticised me when I was assisting you in the 2006 Nats but your behaviour then is exactly the same now. You are nothing but a control freak. It has to be your way or nothing else. You didnt even consult Andy, Jodie, Woody, Kerry and myself when you changed the name of the 2006 Australian Van Nats to the 2006 Hogs Breath Van Nats, one month prior to Easter 2006.

I know we can organise the NSW Van Council without your assistance. It was done in 1989 and it can be done now.

Sean

I was going to reply to both your comments and point out the some of the areas where you are incorrect. But then you would tell me where I am wrong. Then I would find fault.... then I would realise I was becoming my own worst enemy - a keyboard vannner.
Lets agree to disagree and see how Rusty's grand plan works out
Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sun 09 May 2010, 11:15 pm

Thats the spirit Fres, nothing wrong in my statement that needs correcting anyway mate. We'll discuss this further at a later date in person. And I'd be a keyboard car enthusiast because even though I've owned over 15 vans I'm not a vanner and never will be.
Cheers Rob king
See you on the street.
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Fri 14 May 2010, 11:32 pm

Who's planning on going to the 2011 Van nats at Phillip Island?