MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW Historic Rego

3 posters

Go down

NSW Historic Rego Empty NSW Historic Rego

Post  Salem350 Fri 15 Jan 2016, 7:33 pm

I was after some advice in regard to Club Membership in respect to qualifying for NSW Historic Rego and wondering what others are doing. Is there a common NSW club that suits ‘our’ needs – so to speak?  I was not intending to go full registration, but have not been able to find a club that really fits.  I have lately been considering forming my own club out of desperation.  Any advice would be appreciated as I am keen to get back on the road !!

Thanks
Salem350
Salem350
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2028!

Back to top Go down

NSW Historic Rego Empty Re: NSW Historic Rego

Post  big rob Fri 15 Jan 2016, 11:31 pm

You shouldn't have any trouble finding a suitable club so long as your van isn't radically modified. Most historic clubs will accept vans with "period" accessories or mods. The club I'm in now has 4 vans with a 5th about to join.
big rob
big rob
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Sat 16 Jan 2016, 12:18 pm

"WE" (MAJESTIC VANNERS Australia) are affiliated with the ANSMA.

Financial Members have access to NSW Historic Club Permit Scheme after a qualifying period.

Membership to MAJESTIC is by invitation.

To be invited you need to become active on the Forum (and/or in the Facebook Group) and join us on a few runs or get togethers.  This lets us get to know you and you to know us to see if we are a good fit for each other.

There is more about this elsewhere on the Forum.

There are currently two (2) schemes running in NSW all based on being a member of an Approved Club.  
- one is totally Club controlled and hence a variance of conditions that need to be met.  Some Clubs easier than others.
- second is the "Trial" Log Book Scheme, which gives you 60 days (conditional) plus Club Sanctioned Event not requiring a Log Book Entry if I have understood the Rules correctly.

As a Member of MAJESTIC affiliated with the ANSMA I (along with several others) have Historic Registration on my Van.  The Guidelines from ANSMA are very clear and easy to follow only requiring notification via Text Message to the Registrar.  The ANSMA cater for "Period Modified".

If you go to the Roads & Maritime Services Web Page you can find links to their information and a list of "Approved" Clubs.

The Log Book Scheme took many tears of negotiation with the Government by the various Motoring Enthusiast Groups, the ANSMA being a Major Contributor.

I've been out of the loop for a little while for personal/family reasons, however there was a lot of discussion about "Not Original" or NO Plates as it was commonly referred to, which included Modified Vehicles with Engineer's Certificates.  These are not covered in the traditional "Historic" scheme, but there was talk of including them in the Log Book Scheme.  I'm not confident where this is at, but the ANSMA is very helpful with inquiries from Members.

Club Members simply need to contact me and I will give them the info/contact they need to get the ball rolling.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum