MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc)

+17
sinbin
Bowtie383
big rob
57chev
MajesticXX7
hell raiser
Squeaker2
FreeMason
Coasty
hxbunny
wizard1
Epic_Dragon
Mad Van
The Zodiac
0488TINTER
Al510
RAT BAG
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc) - Page 3 Empty Re: Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc)

Post  The Zodiac Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:17 pm

Al510 wrote:
Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc) - Page 3 Img006

Here's where the Nova is these days!!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/63-Chev-Nova-RHD-4-door-Unfinished-Drag-Rod-/120766134900?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item1c1e38fa74

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc) - Page 3 Empty Re: Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc)

Post  Coasty Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

I used to work with a guy on the Gold Coast (Gary something) and he reckons he owned that Nova? He was right into the car scene in Vic a long time ago. He knew the Dalton family (Rotor heads) ??
Coasty
Coasty
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://www.ozbmx.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Al510 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:35 pm

A coincidence this turned up, It seems a fair bit of dough for what your getting.

Cheers, Al.

Al510
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasty Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:05 pm

Coasty wrote:I used to work with a guy on the Gold Coast (Gary something) and he reckons he owned that Nova? He was right into the car scene in Vic a long time ago. He knew the Dalton family (Rotor heads) ??

Gary Bolton was his name. (yes really)
Coasty
Coasty
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:58 pm

Just found a feature on it in the Jan/Feb 1991 issue of Street and Strip mag, it's owner/builders name at that point was Geoff Thuring if that helps????

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasty Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

Gary would of owned it before that. Thats when I knew him. Maybe he owned it and sold it in standard form. I remember Garry saying he never tubbed it? Whatever. It is a cool car.
Coasty
Coasty
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:53 am

Wonder how much your mate sold it for Coasty??? I think 18k is a bit steep for it as it is now. Be cooler if they had've left the paint on it.

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  0488TINTER Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:21 am

i almost bought it what it was for sale late 80s early 90s for about $6500 from memory
0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

http://www.0488TINTER.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Wed 28 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

bogan cruiser wrote:I had a mullet too back then. lol! I've also got a few pics to scan but in the interests of
keeping it family freindly I wont post the ones of the "freindly ladies" that used to let you have
your photo taken with them.You know the toppless skimpy girls going around. drool

Topless is acceptable Phil! Very Happy

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticXX7 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:15 pm

The Zodiac wrote:
bogan cruiser wrote:I had a mullet too back then. lol! I've also got a few pics to scan but in the interests of
keeping it family freindly I wont post the ones of the "freindly ladies" that used to let you have
your photo taken with them.You know the toppless skimpy girls going around. drool

Topless is acceptable Phil! Very Happy

And usually mandatory Smile
MajesticXX7
MajesticXX7
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/RodNResto

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasty Sat 29 Oct 2011, 11:10 am

0488TINTER wrote:
The Zodiac wrote:My favourite Torana! MR GAS! at Wagga at Easter '88.

Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc) - Page 3 009-1

Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc) - Page 3 008
Small world, Rob and Donna are old friends of mine and live just down the road from we south coast nats
he's got an old LH with a 671 last i saw him 3 or 4 years ago

that induction on R GAS was one of only a few made for pre efi heads

actually from memory, he used to be a vanner, in the early 80s and had a sweet HT

WOW! What a small world we live in. I was just talking to Rob via a Vintage BMX forum I am on. He saw my Majestic Vanners banner on a post and messaged me.
He is currently building a HJ Sandman ute!
Coasty
Coasty
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  0488TINTER Sat 29 Oct 2011, 7:30 pm

Coasty wrote:WOW! What a small world we live in. I was just talking to Rob via a Vintage BMX forum I am on. He saw my Majestic Vanners banner on a post and messaged me.
Tell him "Marbles" said to give him a call
0488 846 837
0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sat 29 Oct 2011, 8:27 pm

Coasty wrote:WOW! What a small world we live in. I was just talking to Rob via a Vintage BMX forum I am on. He saw my Majestic Vanners banner on a post and messaged me.

Get him on here mate! Could post up a thread on his ute in the your project thread and one on the Torana in the sweet rides section!!!!
Always wanted that MR GAS Torana.......... Very Happy

Cheers Rob

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  0488TINTER Sun 30 Oct 2011, 1:53 am

plus he was once a vanner so he has some pics of that as well
0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  57chev Sun 30 Oct 2011, 8:58 am

I've got a few photos of that 'mr gas' torana aswell somewhere.
What's the name of the vintage BMX forum. I've got a skyway streetbeat from my childhood i want to restore for my kids.
57chev
57chev

Back to top Go down

Post  Coasty Sun 30 Oct 2011, 10:25 am

I will get him on here guys. I've sent him a message and he knows about this forum. I remember the car myself and have pics somewhere.
The forum for Vintage BMX in Aust is ozbmx.com.au Mostly older guys like myself that lived and breathed bmx in the 80's. There's a few US forums as well. Vintagebmx.com and Bmxmuseum.com
Coasty
Coasty
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sun 30 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

Pity he sold MR GAS, I got a heap of old BMX crap I would've traded him for it! Laughing Wonder where it ended up???

Cheers Rob