MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc)

+17
sinbin
Bowtie383
big rob
57chev
MajesticXX7
hell raiser
Squeaker2
FreeMason
Coasty
hxbunny
wizard1
Epic_Dragon
Mad Van
The Zodiac
0488TINTER
Al510
RAT BAG
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc) - Page 4 Empty Re: Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc)

Post  big rob Thu 03 Nov 2011, 1:20 am

If you're heading south on Mamre, it's on the left about 1km after you go over the expressway. Long driveway from memory too, that winds up a hill to a big house.
Keep your eyes open! Shocked
big rob
big rob
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc) - Page 4 Empty Re: Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc)

Post  Bowtie383 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 8:09 am

I know the place you are talking about will do.

Regards Tony.
chev
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  RAT BAG Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:20 am

sooo how about some more pics peoples haha
RAT BAG
RAT BAG
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post  RAT BAG Tue 01 May 2012, 3:31 pm

lets bump this up again!! I want more pics
RAT BAG
RAT BAG
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post  0488TINTER Wed 02 May 2012, 6:10 pm

if i could get some sort of roller scanner that i could just feed them through i have a box full i could put up but i dont have a scanner even
0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

http://www.0488TINTER.com

Back to top Go down

Post  big rob Fri 04 May 2012, 12:55 am

0488TINTER wrote:if i had a scanner and about a week spare i could put up hundreds (more probably)

want to do it one day but need a quicker way to do it

while anyones looking through old pics please let me know if you find a tunnel rammed HZ GTS in red with a bug catcher at the first nats
Yeah, I've got albums full of summernats 1,2 and 3 pics....and I'm sure I've got at least one of your old HZ too.
One day I'll get enough time to scan and publish them.
big rob
big rob
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  0488TINTER Sat 05 May 2012, 2:34 am

big rob wrote:.and I'm sure I've got at least one of your old HZ too
Seriously? I dont have any with the tunnel rams on
0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  big rob Mon 07 May 2012, 12:39 am

Yeah, I'm sure I have, I just need to find the album it's in. You know how big my shed is..... it could take me years to dig it up, but I'm always looking for it for you. I'll find it one day. Very Happy
big rob
big rob
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  sinbin Tue 22 May 2012, 3:25 am

0488TINTER wrote:
Coasty wrote:Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc) - Page 4 Summernats020
Ok, here's a 6 degrees moment
the guy that ownedbuilt this was a good mate (related maybe, cant remember) to John Miller who was the ad manager for SM for many years who was also mates with John who built Alley Cat and actually opened a sub branch of the Chrome Exchange at Georges Hall in about 86
It was for sale a few years later for 40k and wasnt sold for about 18 months and he finally let it go for $8,000 affraid and i didnt find out till after it sold
The roof was fully functional electric
The owner builder was Gary Hopwood the son of "Hopwood Racing Wheels" (note the rims fitted are Hopwoods!) and yes he was great mates with John Miller. John built and own a van (name escapes me atm) but it has murals and an air brushed muraled vinyl interior with a space theme. Anyway the store "Street Machine Spares" was at Georges Hall and I managed it for a couple years (maybe a little less) while I had Blair running my store (Smooth Customs) in Wollongong both stores were Chrome Exchange outlets. Gary Hopwood was a regular customer along with Paul Kelly (who now trades under my old trade name in Queensland). The roof was imported from the states and was from a Mustang (and heavily modified).

Small world hey!
sinbin
sinbin
Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  0488TINTER Tue 22 May 2012, 8:58 am

wow, didnt know about the wheels connection
didnt know abut the van either. I remember johns HQ coupe though - very sweet
and the val 2 door custom they were building

if you worked at Johns shop i MUST have met you at some stage
i used to pull up in my red HZ GTS and swap parts at the front Smile
0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  0488TINTER Tue 22 May 2012, 9:00 am

never saw Johns HQ or the convertible again - wonder what happened to them
0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  sinbin Tue 22 May 2012, 2:55 pm

0488TINTER wrote:wow, didnt know about the wheels connection
didnt know abut the van either. I remember johns HQ coupe though - very sweet
Yeah that Blue Monaro. Didn't do anything for me personally.

0488TINTER wrote:if you worked at Johns shop i MUST have met you at some stage
i used to pull up in my red HZ GTS and swap parts at the front Smile
No risk, I was the only one who worked there.
When I left, John sold the "Street Machine Spares" shop and it became the "Chrome & Spoiler Spot".
sinbin
sinbin
Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bns454 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm

flashbacks from hell in here ive been to every summernats (mum and dad were entrants) but not all nationals im onley 32 i even broke garys stangs handbrake cable during scruteneering at wagga as a little fella and ahmet(mad turk hr ute)took me in the burnouts i think i was 10 i remember being flodded out at wagga and the torana(bad 020) being under water and the rats floating by as the 4 of us camped inside.
and the 90s riots in the outlaw monaro cruising northborn then heading back behind building b and teasing the drunken idiots thru the fence as a kid
the coolest most heartning memory i have of the real summernats was vic bray and capt cusso doing driving events in the door slammers
and fred cavasinis 34 even idleing is the coolest thing ive seen(or herd) to date even the pot smoke pouring out when the suicide doors opened that car is the most awesome car to have enterd natex period. and has never had a magazine feature but ive seen freddy crewing on zapps rat fairley often and the car has evolved into a serious alterd since then
also bochamps vl is still alive and kickin but few would recognise it the chassis is now teched for 8s and sitting in my brother inlaw matts ws awating a new blown combo as the old engine was stolen
bns454
bns454
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Brad HVEH Sun 08 Jul 2012, 9:21 pm

Just read through this whole thread and loved it! I wish I was around back in those days!!
Brad HVEH
Brad HVEH
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Brad HVEH Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:20 pm

88 nats I beleive?
Very different.

Old car show pics (summernats, easternats etc) - Page 4 20117216
Brad HVEH
Brad HVEH
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:31 pm

Alan Quilty's Old Timer! Cool