MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more modified car vans 4wds ect

+11
Mad Van
FJ21O4
HGPV
MajesticXX7
Rhino
Bowtie383
RAT BAG
The Zodiac
Blue Diamond
vanman69
Imperfection
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No more modified car vans 4wds ect - Page 2 Empty Re: No more modified car vans 4wds ect

Post  Imperfection Thu 29 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

I think this is who everyone needs to contact.
Hon. Gladys BEREJIKLIAN, BA, DIntS, MCom MP
And her email address is office@berejiklian.minister.nsw.gov.au
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

No more modified car vans 4wds ect - Page 2 Empty Re: No more modified car vans 4wds ect

Post  GT Fri 14 Oct 2011, 7:46 am

Some info here....things are not as bad as they seem....

ACMC Newsletters
Below is a current newsletter:

Australian Confederation Of Motor Clubs Inc meets
with RTA to discuss the new Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Scheme.

The ACMC Inc and the NSW Roads and Traffic Authority met on Friday 1st September 2011 to discuss the introduction of the new Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Scheme.

The Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Scheme (the new scheme) will license people to inspect non-standard vehicles and certify compliance with applicable vehicle safety standards. The VSCCS replaces the Engineering Certification Scheme (the old scheme).

At the meeting the ACMC Inc and the RTA discussed how the new scheme will work and what it will mean for motoring enthusiasts.

The ACMC Inc and RTA also expressed a common concern that there is some inaccurate information currently circulating about what the VSCCS is, and how it will affect motoring enthusiasts.

With this in mind, the ACMC Inc and the RTA have agreed to work closely together to ensure that motoring enthusiasts are provided with up to date and accurate information.

Both the ACMC Inc and RTA found the meeting extremely helpful in better understanding one another’s views and objectives and have agreed to continue consultation going forward with the next step being the VSB14 (Vehicle Standards).

“I welcome the opportunity to meet with the ACMC Inc and hear their views” said Daren McDonald, the RTA’s Manager of Regulatory Strategy.

“The opportunity to work with the ACMC Inc as we move closer to starting the VSCCS is invaluable in ensuring the new scheme meets the needs of the public and motoring enthusiast movement” he added.

“The ACMC Inc are very pleased to be invited to the table by the RTA Regulatory Strategy Team to discuss these very important issues and to be able to ensure we can approach the RTA with other items going forward, this is real grassroots progress” said the president of the ACMC Inc Mr Tony O'Donnell.

Set out below are some of the key questions the ACMC Inc have asked the RTA about the new scheme and their answers to those questions.

Written by the - Regulatory Strategy & Reform Regulatory Services Directorate - Roads & Traffic Authority

“What is the new VSCCS?”
The VSCCS is a new scheme that the RTA will introduce soon. Under the scheme the RTA will licence people to inspect individually constructed vehicles, individually imported vehicles, or vehicles subject to significant modification to ensure they are safe and comply with applicable vehicle standards. In this respect the purpose of the VSCCS is the same as the old scheme (the ECS).

So why is the VSCCS being introduced ?
The VSCCS will enable the RTA to provide a better service for motorists.
The VSCCS will introduce:
» More certifiers across NSW. This means customers will have broader choice in selecting a service provider. More competition will better ensure customers receive value for money when they engage a service provider.
» Improved standards of competency held by RTA certifiers. This means that customers can be assured that that their vehicle is being inspected by a person who has the appropriate qualifications, skills and experience to do the job.
» Safer vehicles. The VSCCS will result in motoring enthusiasts, the government and other road users being able to have greater confidence that certified vehicles are safe and conform with applicable vehicle standards. The VSCCS will also ensure that there is clearer information available to enthusiasts about the steps they need to take to get their vehicle certified, and when they do and don’t need to obtain certification.
» Greater protection for customers. The VSCCS will mean that customers can rest assured that whichever certifiers they hire, that person is backed by professional indemnity and public liability insurances and with appropriate levels of coverage.
» A person you can trust. Persons wishing to become a licensed certifier will be subject to rigorous background checks by the RTA and regular auditing to ensure that the highest standards of professional service and ethical practice are being provided to the public.
» A simpler process. The VSCCS will remove two steps which will save time for the customer and provide greater convenience. When a customer gets their VSCCS certificate they will no longer be required to present it to a motor registry. They will also no longer need to also have a registered modified vehicle inspected by an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station.

Questions from the ACMC Inc committee to the - Regulatory Strategy & Reform Regulatory Services Directorate - Roads & Traffic Authority

Q - “Does the new VSCCS introduce any changes to vehicle standards?”
A - “No, vehicle standards do not change as a result of the introduction of the VSCCS”.

Q - “When do Motorists need to get a modified vehicle certified?”
A - The vehicle registration regulations and the NSW Code of Practice for Light Vehicles and other RTA published documents set out when a vehicle requires a certificate of compliance. The RTA will publish guidelines to explain to customers when you need to obtain a certificate. The VSCCS does not change the ground rules about when someone needs to get their vehicle certified. But the guidelines need to be updated to take into account changes in vehicle technology over recent years. What the VSCCS does is improve the certification process itself. The ACMC Inc and the RTA will release further information about the new guidelines soon.

Q - “Can the RTA give an indication of whether they will give the ECS signatories who may not have a Cert 4 qualification time to obtain this qualification leading into their VSCCS induction?”
A - ECS signatories who have lodged an expression of interest to join VSCCS and satisfy scheme eligibility criteria but who do not hold the minimum qualifications required by the VSCCS will be able to obtain a VSCCS licence on condition that they get Recognition of Prior Learning through a registered training provider. Providers such as the Motor Traders Association and TAFE are presently assisting ECS signatories in this regard.

Q - “Will the customer need to present a certificate to an RTA motor registry?”
A - Currently under the ECS a customer must attend an RTA motor registry after obtaining a certificate. Under the ECS customers must also present the vehicle to an Authorised Inspection Station*. These steps will no longer be required under the VSCCS. Once a customer obtains a certificate from a VSCCS licensed certifier there is nothing more they need to do.
*Where the customer’s vehicle is unregistered, the standard RTA registration requirements will still apply. An inspection report from an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station will be required.

Q - “If a modified vehicle already has an ECS certificate then what happens?”
A - If a vehicle owner has presented their certificate to an RTA motor registry there is nothing they need to do. Their certificate will continue to be recognised by the RTA. If they have not previously presented their certificate to the RTA motor registry then they must do so within six months of the VSCCS commencing. If they do not do this within six months, they will need to obtain a new VSCCS certificate.

GT
GT
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  serendipity Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:34 pm

hi, waiting for more information but my mate told me he was at a rta seminar this week and one of the changes that they are bringing in in the next few months is that you can't have a modified engine with more than 20% more power, hp/nm than the standard engine for that model, e.g my hz, 308 maximum engine available, can't increase the power more than 20%, puts the 350 i wanted to bed Sad Sad cheers
serendipity
serendipity
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2024!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

So mate is that just for Victoria or is it for other states as well,there is no way I will be going back to a near stock engine in my thing and it has got a lot more then 20%.I will go to the RTA on monday and have a talk to a guy down there I know.

Regards Tony.
chev
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:21 pm

Have a look here it might help................... Rolling Eyes

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx
or here
http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP3_Section_LA_Engine_01jan2011_v3.pdf
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Post  serendipity Fri 04 Nov 2011, 11:14 pm

thanks james, looks like our project is shot, might just go get a bog standard 308 turbo 350, and call serendipity a mock up sandman, sometimes life sucks , there goes my inspiration, blahh!!!!!! rant
serendipity
serendipity
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2024!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sat 05 Nov 2011, 4:01 am

I wouldn't say it's shot, they made 60 million small blocks, not all of them were hi performance ones, who's to say your Chevrolet isn't out of a 230 hp blazer or pickup???