MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more modified car vans 4wds ect

+11
Mad Van
FJ21O4
HGPV
MajesticXX7
Rhino
Bowtie383
RAT BAG
The Zodiac
Blue Diamond
vanman69
Imperfection
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No more modified car vans 4wds ect Empty New car laws

Post  Imperfection Tue 01 Feb 2011, 8:11 pm

Has anyone heard anything about them ? mate just went to get his chopped harley passed. Nope his engineer also told him no more mag wheels no tubbed guards, he said they are outlawed swear so he cannot finish his FJv8.And the engineer is chucking it in when the new laws come in.
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

No more modified car vans 4wds ect Empty Re: No more modified car vans 4wds ect

Post  vanman69 Tue 01 Feb 2011, 8:55 pm

thats bullshit man! when will they stop? whats next, are they just gonna outlaw all cars over 20yrs old? that boils my blood

vanman69
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Tue 01 Feb 2011, 9:28 pm

Yes, I have heard that too. Thats why I decided to do original vans years ago as I knew it was in the pipeline.

And dont think a new Liberal Govt in NSW will change anything.
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 01 Feb 2011, 10:24 pm

Mines already regoed so it shouldn't effect me. And I live in the sticks and us country folks dont follow all the rules you city folk do. Wink

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post  RAT BAG Wed 02 Feb 2011, 8:03 am

The Zodiac wrote:Mines already regoed so it shouldn't effect me. And I live in the sticks and us country folks dont follow all the rules you city folk do. Wink

haha i was going to say the same thing hahaha.

Maybe the tubs bit might be right (although if you dont touch chassis rails I cant see this being a problem either) but I really doubt they will ban mag wheels, think about the people that will go out of business because of such a stupid move.
RAT BAG
RAT BAG
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Wed 02 Feb 2011, 12:06 pm

I went to the RTA on monday finding out about this,now the inspector I spoke to was a cool guy to deal with and said that at this point he know's nothing about these new law's that are been proposed as it is still the same as it has been.

My advice don't listen to hear say go straght to the source,but as for the mag wheel issue well that mean's that holden and ford and the other's including HSV and FPR will have to all run standard rims on them I cannot see that happening.

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Thu 03 Feb 2011, 9:04 pm

You can sign this it might help

http://nothoons.myelectorate.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39&Itemid=126
Imperfection
Imperfection

Back to top Go down

No more modified car vans 4wds ect Empty No more modified car vans 4wds ect

Post  Imperfection Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:41 am

Hey all you cars/bike enthusiasts, 4WD's & Mini-truckers.

Forget all the rumours that have been floating around for the past couple of years, this time its for real. I have even got confirmation from a couple of the engineers that it looks like all systems go. UNLESS WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

The RTA is at it again trying on the sly to take away our right to modify our rides and if we dont act now and use people power by the masses. Just like when they put out that VSI50 crap we all rallied & the Woopsie was thrown out.

The RTA has put a date (September 29 2011) on when the current vehicle modification rules will cease to exist and the new (communist nanny state style) rules will come into effect

This may not affect you at the moment, but 5 or 10 years down the track when you decide to upgrade to a newer 4WD or weekend muscle car, you dont want to look back and remember that you did nothing to stop it, and you might as well be driving a white Toyota Prius Hybrid. LOL

Heres a just preview of whats installed for all of us (and theres something here for everyone):

Cars:
- You can no longer increase your tyre rolling diameter by more than 15mm for passenger cars. So for get about fitting a nice pair of 26-30" street radials on the rear of your muscle cars & no more 20-22" rims for the ricers.

- Replacement engine sizes will be drastically reduced. So no more 308's in LJ toranas, no more 350's in LX toranas, no more V8's in capri's or cortinas, etc, etc. And as for forced induction, with the limits to be imposed you wont even be able to turbo or blow your original engines in most cases. It works out that you can only blow up to a 4.3L in something as heavy as an XY Falcon. WTF

- Streetrods will become a thing of the past.

4WDs:
- You can no longer increase your tyre rolling diameter by more than 50mm on your everyday ride. So no more fitings a set of 35's to your patrol or landcruiser and if your lucky you may just be able to fit a set of 31's to your hilux navara triton or rodeo. How crazy's that.

- You will no longer be able to raise your vehicle cab more than 6" total, inclusive of that resulting from suspension lifts, body lifts and from larger tyres.

- To get a vehicle lift (like just mentioned) for more than 2" engineer certfied will set you back thousands with all the Woopsie testing that will have to be done on a closed circuit test track. From what I here it will need to be done on an unused air-strip, so you will be going somewhere like goulburn or somewhere in the sticks to do it & good luck getting an engineer to travel that far away to do it for you. This Woopsie will end up impossible to get done.

- Bye bye modified 4Wd's and the massive small business workshops and parts industries that it supports. Hello social security.

Mini-trucks:
- Well all ive got to say is do you remember VSI-50 ! Bye bye chassis notches, drop-spindle & fitting 20" wheels. Bye bye minitrucks and the massive small business workshop and parts industries that it supports. Hello social security.

All is not lost (yet) as it has not even been signed off by the Roads Minister yet. If we do nothing it will happen and if you think they will change it back once done your dreaming (just like labour cancelled the GST when they got back in after the John Howard ere - LOL). If a few thousand people send emails or letters to the road minister and CC Barry O'Farell, they will realise how many voters they will Dribble off and can the whole Woopsie.

Here's what you do. send an email to the current roads minister Duncan Gay: 'office@gay.minister.nsw.gov.au' and CC the party leader Big Bazza: 'office@premier.nsw.gov.au' so that Duncan knows his boss is getting a copy.

Keep it clean, and remind them of their election promise to clean up the RTA as well as the previous government backdown on VSI-50 after the huge rallys that took place in opposition to it and also how they held back these new rules until after the election as it would have only help bury their sinking ship.

Make it clear that you are not happy with how it will affect you or even your livlihood, and how do they fancy their chances of getting in next election and the prospect of spending another 3 or 4 terms in the dark, as us vehicle enthusiasts have long memories.
Imperfection
Imperfection

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:21 pm

It's very disappointing to read this. I don't think they realise how many people they are going to p!ssoff so lets SHOW THEM. I would suggest for the future of Vanning that ALL MV members should get behind this. I will be drafting my letter this week and sending it off.

President 2012 & 2017
Rhino
Rhino
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:37 pm

This from Athol the best engineer in newcastle

Now is the time for every person out there to contact their local state MP and the roads minister calling for both VSCCS and VSB14 adoption to be delayed for at least 6 months to allow problems to be resolved. If things go as the RTA have proposed, I fear that vehicle certification in NSW will implode. Nothing will be able to be done, and the government will be very embarrassed.
Imperfection
Imperfection

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:58 pm

One of the biggest issues is that the RTA are expecting applicants(engineering signatories) to sign a contract that is not avalable for review prior to signing, not to mention agree to abide by a set of rules that are also not available for review before signing the contract.

It appears that the RTA are trying to keep the new rules and conditions a secret until they are signed off by the Minister for Transport....once this happens we are stuck with the rules, very underhanded if you ask me.
Imperfection
Imperfection

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticXX7 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

Banning mag's won't be an issue as i don't know of too many wheels on the road that are made of magnesium any more. Plenty of alloy ones Smile
MajesticXX7
MajesticXX7
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/RodNResto

Back to top Go down

Post  HGPV Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:07 pm

Mines still regoed too, will keep it that way too, bloody Hoons fault.

Its not fair, I hardly ever use the N2o when I go to the shops anymore NOS Wink

cheers
Boppo
HGPV
HGPV
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  RAT BAG Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

HGPV wrote:Its not fair, I hardly ever use the N2o when I go to the shops anymore NOS Wink

haha only when you get the bread and milk right haha
RAT BAG
RAT BAG
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Thu 15 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

Heres a cheerful post i found on small car
site crap

Engineer reports are not worth the paper they are written on. As a member of the local Highway Patrol, we are obliged to work in conjunction with RTA inspectors doing operations where modified vehicles are taken to "checking stations". Any suspension mod for motor sport applications gets defected as a car now fitted with 4 links ladder bars etc when it came out with leaf spings, is not considered safe for road usage.
People will argue that these mods are safer 'at speed' well has anyone checked out the speed limits on the roads lately???
Multi carb engines are fine as long as they have an airbox fitted and comply with emissions. Oh and did I mention charcoal canisters.
Sadly it will end up where people will be driving boring cars on the road and have their track day cars with mods in the garage. Saves me writing tickets and defect notices
Imperfection
Imperfection

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Thu 15 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

Our Gemini van was engineered and when I got pulled over in it once, the copper asked what sort of engine was in it and for me to pop the bonnet, I told him the engineers reports in the glovebox and he just said dont worry about it then and walked off. Laughing