MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware of the snakes in Tassie

2 posters

Go down

Beware of the snakes in Tassie Empty Beware of the snakes in Tassie

Post  Imperfection Fri 17 Feb 2012, 4:57 pm

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/OddSpot/2012/02/17/Snake_bites_British_tourist_on_testicle_719380.html

A British tourist has told a venomous tale of his trip to Tassie where he was bitten on the testicle by a snake.

Glasgow musician Jackson Scott, 29, had answered an overnight call of nature when at the end of his squat, a tiger snake sank its fangs into his sack.

'I went into the garden at four in the morning after a night in the pub to save flushing the toilet, because water is precious in the outback,' Scott told British tabloid The Sun.

'Just as I finished and was about to tuck everything safely away, it bit me.'

The panicking Brit then rushed to get help from a mate, Rod, who drove a tension-filled 40-minute journey to a Hobart hospital where he was given an antidote.

'Needless to say, Rod was not of a mind to suck out the poison,' Scott said.

Based on a Tasmanian farm for a 12-month working holiday, Scott thanked his Hobart helpers.

'The doctors and nurses were very professional. They didn't take the mickey out of me for being bitten on my wedding tackle,' he said.
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Beware of the snakes in Tassie Empty Re: Beware of the snakes in Tassie

Post  The Zodiac Fri 17 Feb 2012, 10:38 pm

He was in Tasmania and trying to save water because it is precious in the outback???? O no hang it makes sense it does say he's a British tourist, clear as now. Rolling Eyes