MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millennium Van Trophy up for Grabs at the 2012 Easter Van-In

+6
VAN 64
The Zodiac
HBWC
serendipity
Bowtie383
Rusty62TransAm
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Millennium Van Trophy up for Grabs at the 2012 Easter Van-In Empty Millennium Van Trophy up for Grabs at the 2012 Easter Van-In

Post  Rusty62TransAm Thu 15 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

NEWS FLASH!

For all you Millennium Van Owners out there, Cruise to Albury at Easter to be in the Running for the Prestigious "Millennium Van" Trophy Sponsored by www.Amcat.com.au

For more details on the Event, please go to our Events Section: Majestic Vanners Events

A HUGE Thank You to Amcat for backing this Event.

To show their Commitment they are also Sponsoring a second Trophy, the "Wannabe" Wants to be a Van Trophy for those Entrants that don't have a Van.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Millennium Van Trophy up for Grabs at the 2012 Easter Van-In Empty Re: Millennium Van Trophy up for Grabs at the 2012 Easter Van-In

Post  Bowtie383 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 9:28 pm

I think I will sit out the (wannabe} catagory Russ.

Regards Tony.
chev
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Millennium Van Trophy up for Grabs at the 2012 Easter Van-In Empty Re: Millennium Van Trophy up for Grabs at the 2012 Easter Van-In

Post  serendipity Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:35 pm

can they change the wannabee category to "potential vanner" ? i have spent the last 30 years working with wannabes cheers andrew
serendipity
serendipity
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2024!

Back to top Go down

Post  HBWC Sat 17 Mar 2012, 6:55 pm

so that means any old ute if a canopy is now called a van ?
HBWC
HBWC
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sat 17 Mar 2012, 7:59 pm

HBWC wrote:so that means any old ute if a canopy is now called a van ?

Not necessarily, there's been numerous debates over this over the years and opinions are like ar5eholes everyones got one. A Mitsubishi Triton dual cab with a canopy isn't a van but a late model Commodore with an Amcat canopy is the closest thing you'll get to a new Holden van these days so they get classified as a van. And honestly, I'd love a VY SS with a Amcat canopy to have as a daily driver. Twisted Evil

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post  HBWC Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:06 pm

The Zodiac wrote:
HBWC wrote:so that means any old ute if a canopy is now called a van ?

Not necessarily, there's been numerous debates over this over the years and opinions are like ar5eholes everyones got one. A Mitsubishi Triton dual cab with a canopy isn't a van but a late model Commodore with an Amcat canopy is the closest thing you'll get to a new Holden van these days so they get classified as a van. And honestly, I'd love a VY SS with a Amcat canopy to have as a daily driver. Twisted Evil
so its only a holden thing then? mmmm discriminative
holden van what about the holden combo?

but each to their own
get the rear fire wall cut out and an engineers cert and then i would accept them untill then their just utes with try hard canopy's
HBWC
HBWC
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sat 17 Mar 2012, 8:28 pm

A Holden Combo is a van already, it doesn't have a canopy. Rolling Eyes I've seen Fords with canopies to but they're just not as popular as Holdens, you mention discrimination than try to exclude them as vans and call them try hards. Buy a dictionary and look up discrimination.

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  VAN 64 Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:26 pm

Hey there HBWC,
You are entitled to your opinion like every one else is on Millenium vans. As an owner of one I am personally am not concerned with you or anyone else that doesnt like them. At the end of the day it would be a boring hobby if we all liked the same cars.
However what does concern me with your post is the fact that it is undermining Rusty,s hard work of trying to attract as many van enthusiasts as possible to what is going to be a great event. Comments like yours are probably not all that helpful given the title and purpose of this thread.
Each to their own but I will have my "try hard" van at Albury to support Rusty and MV and I am sure there will be one or two people there that will be happy to see it.
I am not interested in hijacking this thread so this is all I have to say on this subject.

Blu.

VAN 64
VAN 64
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:28 pm

agree ff

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:29 pm

I'll second that!
thumbsup
HQVAN
HQVAN
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2022!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny James Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:14 pm

If its a ute, sedan or wagon that now looks like a van its a van! Simple...

Jonny James
Jonny James
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:21 pm

I used to think yep just a ute with a fancy canopy,but as time goes by they have really grown on me and they are the closest thing we have to a late model van.I would be more then happy to own one they do have a lot of potential by the way BLU I am looking forward to checking your one out at easter.

Regards Tony.
chev
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Sat 17 Mar 2012, 11:24 pm

PROLOGUE: I respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion and as such they should respect mine and those of others.

A more meaningful debate would be: "What came 1st? The Chicken or the Egg?"

Consider this: In the late 80's and early 90's when the Van Craze went to sleep, many a Van was converted into a Ute. The Compliance Plate and Chassis Number still say it's Van. When people see it driving down the Street or parked for that matter they see a Ute and wouldn't know otherwise.

In short, in my opinion: "If it Walks like a Duck, it Quacks like a Duck and it Looks like a Duck; then it's a Duck!"

At OUR Sinners & Saints SinBin Show & Shine (what's it called when all the words start with the same letter?) the New Millennium Van Category will include/accept the AMCAT Commodore Vans, the equivalent Ford Conversions and the new "Box" Vans as we called them in my day as well as the current range of Small Vans generally as made from year 2000 and on.

Some of these Vans may well fall into other Categories for which they will be eligible as well.

OUR Weekend will be about the Reliving the 80's and Embracing the the New Millennium.

At the risk of repeating myself:

The Event is Open to all Vans including but not necessarily limited to:

Small
Medium
Large
Huge even
Finished
Unfinished
Street
Show
Restored
Accessorised
Mild Custom
Wild Custom
Exhibition
Competition
Dragster
Rally
4 Wheel Drive
Panel
Box
Converted
All Years
Vintage
Classic
Millennium (includes but is not exclusive to Box Vans and Commodore Vans)
Australian
Imported
Registered
Permitted
Unregistered (Static Display Only!)
Sandman
Sundowner
Drifter

What's Not Welcome!

Bad Attitude
Trouble Makers

Now if anyone really wants to argue about something just for the sake of arguing, I'll express my right to an opinion:

Redheads jessrab are the MOST Beautiful Women in the World, closely followed by Brunettes, but with Green Eyes of course. affraid drool bow Mind you, there are some nice Blondes as well.

Hmmmm. brightidea2 I like Women with Shaved Heads too!

What do they all have in common? nosepick very hot

You're thinking red Bikinis aren't you? I was thinking exercise. lol!

Thank You for your Support too Guys. thanks It is very much appreciated.

Above all else: Keep on Vannin'!

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Sat 17 Mar 2012, 11:25 pm

Is "Proliferation" the word I was looking for?

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Sun 18 Mar 2012, 7:29 pm

i think the fact that people have a broard idear of what a van is
is a good thing

as soon as you start labeing and pigeon holeing cars/people you are going to offend some one intensional or not
and this is not the MVs way of doing things
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Sun 18 Mar 2012, 8:57 pm

Van or not i like this Cool All you need is a grinder and a Engeneers cert and you have a real van cheers
Millennium Van Trophy up for Grabs at the 2012 Easter Van-In 10021210
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 12:32 pm

I was talking to Rusty the other night about how I would like to see those quarter windows deleted and would not be hard to do,also you can remove the rear screen clean up the edges and still put in an archway,you can still put in a design of your choice and is still flowing from the front all the way to the back.
But like you said James you can go with your idea as well,I know if I had one the day I got it the mods would be started Very Happy

Regards Tony.
chev
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383

Back to top Go down

Post  HBWC Mon 19 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

The Zodiac wrote:A Holden Combo is a van already, it doesn't have a canopy. Rolling Eyes I've seen Fords with canopies to but they're just not as popular as Holdens, you mention discrimination than try to exclude them as vans and call them try hards. Buy a dictionary and look up discrimination.

youv'e taken me out of context

you said you couldn't buy a new holden van i suggested what about the combo
and it aint just a holden or ford thing the main problem comes its just a canopy i could wack onto and brand of ute but only alow certan styles of canopy's on certant ute styles

dont get me wrong i do like the look of them but unless i cut the fire wall i would never own one

any way and controversy like this is good as it draws attention and gets more people involved

Last edited by HBWC on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
HBWC
HBWC
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  HBWC Mon 19 Mar 2012, 12:46 pm

Imperfection wrote:Van or not i like this Cool All you need is a grinder and a Engeneers cert and you have a real van cheers
Millennium Van Trophy up for Grabs at the 2012 Easter Van-In 10021210

101%agree
HBWC
HBWC
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  VAN 64 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

Hey Guys,
Now is probably a good time to explain a few facts with removing both the glass and metal bulk head below it from a VE ute. While it sounds simple enough in theory, by doing this you are removing a major part of the cars chassis integrity and strength. Even the front and rear glass in these late model cars play a major role in the cars overall strength. Like it or not that is the way they are designed and built now.
I think you would go a very long way to find an engineer that would be happy to sign off on that mod, Do you honestly think that by having a plastic injection moulded canopy bonded on top of the ute is going to compensate for the chassis strength lost by cutting out the bulkhead and removing the glass?
Sorry guys but the answer to that is a emphatic No. Another thought worth consideration is the result after a serious impact when that panel and window is no longer there to tie in the shell. Not pretty !!

I have the complete interior gutted out of my van for retrimming at the moment and most people here would be shocked if they saw what is left after you remove the plastic tub liner in one of these things. Lets just say there is very little metal or strength and a lot of gaps. That is another reason they are only legally able to tow 1600 kg,s.( Even the sedans are 2150 kg,s)

Add to that the possible insurance implications and I really dont think you are going to find too many of us VE millenium van owners reaching for the angle grinder any time soon!! Unless of course you are happy to have a 50k+ paddock basher Very Happy

Blu.
VAN 64
VAN 64
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Mon 19 Mar 2012, 2:45 pm

Yeah Blu there's no doubting it'd be a huge task, I honestly havent seen in the back of a VE one but I know the earlier VY ones had a steel tray area so maybe an easier, if there is such a thing conversion when it came to trimming the rear.
While it would be a nice mod the trouble it'd be hardly warrants chopping up a new vehicle and without engineering would render it a paddock basher as you mentioned.
The only mod I'd do is the one Tony mentioned earlier and that's remove the windows in the side of the canopy, I think it'd look a lot tidier and haven't seen one done yet.
As for controvesy attracting and drawing in more people.........I think us members at MV have seen enough controvesy in our time and dont need any to draw more people in, we're drawing them in with a positive, fresh, helpful and friendly outlook to vanning.

Cheers Rob