MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done

+11
fc59
Stark
serendipity
HQVAN
sandmum
The Zodiac
freestyler1
Epic_Dragon
FreeMason
hxbunny
Time Lapse
15 posters

Go down

Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done Empty Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done

Post  Time Lapse Sat 07 Apr 2012, 12:09 am

I am in awe of the effort and promotion put in by Russell to bring this event to fruition Smile and securing sponsorship from kind people wishing to be involved. Smile whilst also acknowledging the effort from people behind the scenes, who have helped along the way to make this event a success with out doubt Smile finally thanks to the original four for your vision along our path to success, I hope this is one of many more as I am sure is the case. Soooo well done Guy's and girls Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It is because of all you great people that I am a very proud Majestic Vanner. Very Happy Smile Very Happy woohoo congrats rock job super terrific BIG BIG Cheers John.
Time Lapse
Time Lapse
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2024!

Back to top Go down

Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done Empty Re: Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done

Post  hxbunny Sat 07 Apr 2012, 7:08 am

Very well said John, i couldn't agree more.
Great job guys cheers cheers cheers

Cheers Mark

hxbunny
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2026!

Back to top Go down

Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done Empty Re: Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done

Post  FreeMason Mon 09 Apr 2012, 11:24 pm

It was a great week end guys. great to catch up. meet new people. made to feel very welcome by ALL. No other vanning event can brag that. Very glad i went. Hope to be at the next one.
FreeMason
FreeMason
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  Epic_Dragon Tue 10 Apr 2012, 6:47 am

well done fellas Very Happy

you should be proud of yourselves Very Happy hopefully many more wonderful events like this too come Smile
Epic_Dragon
Epic_Dragon
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

http://add me on facebook, leonie dean or myspace www.myspace.co

Back to top Go down

Post  freestyler1 Tue 10 Apr 2012, 9:22 am

Unbelieveable

Great weekend, gunna be hard to beat this one for the upbeat atmosphere over the entire weekend.
Made the 9hr drive home so much easier.

Congratulations must go firstly to RUSTY for pulling everything together, many unpaid hours without any rewards, but his reward will be the AWESOMENESS of the weekend.
The commitee also for backing the event, and also putting in the hours to pull it all together.
And justly Andrew & Kerri, pulling all the catering together, it was well weighted with what they brought along (i know the pains of the catering industry!!!!)

Cannot wait for the next one, as I'm sure everybody that was or was'nt there will be glad to back another event.

Cheers again Al. alien alien alien alien
freestyler1
freestyler1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:23 am

Wow, how do you describe the weekend????

There was no single part that stood out to me as the whole weekend from start to finish was simply great. (Although having Rod tell me that WB GTS dashs never had trip metters only Sandmans and Monaros did made my WB Sandman case stronger as mines got one!!! lmao )

The way everything and everyone gelled together was amazing from the moment we arrived at Rusty's to the time we left everyone had a great time, everyone mingled, chatted vans, laughed and made new friends.
The effort Rusty put in was enormous as was the effort everyone else did in not only attending but making the event what it was, Kerri and Andrew worked tirelessly all weekend catering for us, the Burns clan and Mel and Al also chipped in to help cook meals and I cant think of anywhere else where you can get pancakes or bacon and eggs for breaky and homemade gourmet pizzas for tea all for $10 a day!!! cheers

Huge thanks to Karl for livening things up with his "see who can work out why the van wont go comp", this had everyone participating! And a bigger thanks to everyone that helped by playing along with it. (we know old Holdens never stop, so Karl must've set it up! Wink ) It finally got worked out but not before some effort, the way everyone joined in was simply amazing. You dont get that anywhere else I gaurantee.

Watching Mad Max around the fire on the "big screen" was briliiant! "Hey Rod, move that moth!", now there's a finger hole in it!! Laughing Laughing Eating pizzas, laughing, joking (usually at someones expense!) and simply enjoying the moment and each others company. Was excellent to meet Hayley, Dean and Rod and Jennie from the Sandman site, nicer people you wouldn't find.

We also picked up a couple of new members in MV, Darren Burns and his wonderful family and Sam Lawson. cheers MV Rocks!

Really well done everyone and thanks for making the event what it was..........MAGIC! cheers cheers

Cheers Rob

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post  freestyler1 Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:31 am

Hey Rob, I also forgot too mention the sponsors!

Without the locals support, Amcat, my sandman.com and all the others all your hard work would have been in vein.
Top job everybody, way too many too mention......
Just look on the back of our van-in shirts that we'll wear proudly.

Cheers again Al.
freestyler1
freestyler1

Back to top Go down

Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done Empty Thanks for Great weekend in Albury

Post  sandmum Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:08 pm

Hi all
We are new to the site, and have spent the weekend with other majestic vanners, and mysandman forum members. The whole weekend was well organised, we all had fun, the food was great etc. thank you all who had a hand in arranging the Van in and we hope to catch up with you all sometime....

Cheers Jennie and Rodney
sandmum
sandmum

Back to top Go down

Post  freestyler1 Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:16 pm

Welcome aboard guys, you'll have fun in here......

Got back on the mysandman.com site too this morning, i might be able to update my statis from fresh meat too old meat!

Cheers Al. alien alien alien alien alien
freestyler1
freestyler1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:26 pm

Welcome aboard Rod and Jennie, you'll love it here, it's a bit like the weekend........we dont take it too seriously it's all about the vans, any van and all vans!!! Twisted Evil

Cheers Rob

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  HQVAN Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:46 pm

WOW!!

What an amazing weekend!

An awesome event from start to finish. Great people, great vans and everyone I am sure had a great time.

Massive thank you to Rusty for his tireless effort in organising the event, you should be very proud Russ! bow A big thank you also goes to our sponsers that got behind us and provided the funds and the contacts to make the event happen.

Thank you to the local guys who helped promote the event and organise things locally, the newest members to our ever expanding MV family, the Bishops, the Burns and Adrian and Mel. Welcome, We look forward to catching up with you again soon.

My weekend was not without its dramas, but it was the way in which it pulled everyone together that blew me away. It was a very humbling experience and increased my love for this club even more so (if that is possible). A big thank you to all those that helped; Peter, his stepson, and their mate John who helped me get to the show and shine on the back of his tray truck, and who later delivered a replacement alternator to camp HQ. Rhino, Chris, Rod and Darren who helped rebuild my Holley after presentations, under the guidance of numerous experts on hand to give advice. Thanks to everyone who was part of the convoy to get me back to camp, after the third? time I was jumped started and got going again the faulty alternator was diagnosed as it was not providing enough spark for the electronic ignition. It was then that Dean (Qset) swapped his battery into mine and the HQ fired up to run perfectly back to camp HQ as it had done on the long drive up from Melbourne. Again a massive thank you to everyone that helped out, it was a true example of the Majestic Vanner spirit.

Here is one of my favourite shots from the weekend:

Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done Fixing10

As frustrated as I was at the time, I was amazed at the response from members and guests of the van-in, a true bonding experience.

An awesome event and an awesome club, very proud to be a part of it!

MV Forever!

Bring on the next event!
HQVAN
HQVAN
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2022!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 10 Apr 2012, 2:42 pm

That is an awesome pic Karl!!! Sure does show the spirit of the weekend.

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  serendipity Tue 10 Apr 2012, 6:42 pm

wow finally came down enough from the weekend to post something, kerri and myself would like to thank everyone for an awesome weekend ,we are humbled by our award, bow Embarassed huge thankyou to russel for organizing all of this as we all know, but credit must go to mark (hq400) for donating all of the meat, bacon, eggs and veggies ect. for the pizza's and the welcome communication we had before the event to make sure everyone had enough to eat, brian for all the sauce, al, and the burns's and others who helped out to cook, maybe it is better to say everyone who attended needs to look in the mirror and say thankyou for making this what it was, a new beginning and direction in vanning
we think the sun has come up on a new direction....
Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done 2012-013

Last edited by serendipity on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong pic)
serendipity
serendipity

Back to top Go down

Easter Van-in 2012, A Job Well Done Empty re easter van in a job well done

Post  Stark Tue 10 Apr 2012, 8:13 pm

hey all
just like to once again thank rusty and all those who took the time to get to know and welcome me im shocking with names but you all know who you are . all week seemed i was cursed not to go from rain ,wind paint failures glue failures gas failure 4 am friday morning having to sleep 3 hours with so much left undone then getting away 5pm friday forgeting so many things including the cover for the roof hole lol .made excellent time ariving lake hume 9.15 then drove round lost till 11.15( so frustrated) slept outside the gate finilly get in. go to leave for the run n be out of fuel finally get to the servo broken kickdown cable sticks the acell all that being said so glad i went thank you rusty the pure joy of crusing in convoy how cool it was to hang with you all .have taken the rest of the week off to at least get the changed panels sorted n wash , cut polish the 2 thirds with new paint n oh n rip out the interior n start again .........keep the shiny side up tom Smile

Stark
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  serendipity Tue 10 Apr 2012, 9:03 pm

excellent effort tom to just get there, i have,nt to put up the photo's i took of your van on the weekend but i will hopefully have them up tomorrow, nice to meet you and you have a lot of potential in that van , keep at it cheers andrew
serendipity
serendipity

Back to top Go down

Post  fc59 Tue 10 Apr 2012, 9:09 pm

ill keep it short
best weekend ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you to every body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fc59
fc59
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2016!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Fri 13 Apr 2012, 6:14 pm

Well Guy's what can I say, Great people, Good cars, Unreal atmosphere. One of the best weekends I have had in a long time, can't wait for the next one.
Welcome to the new members we pick up on the weekend you guys fitted in so well it was like we had known you forever.
A huge thanks to Rusty for all the hard work he put into making all this happen. You have set the bar very high for the next one mate Wink
Also to the First recipients of the MV Club Person of the year Award, Andrew & Kerry for hooking us up with the food, Andrew and Al for manning the BBQ, Mark for suppling the meat yet again thanks mate and you didn't even get to enjoy it Crying or Very sad .
Thanks to the girls for preparing meals and constantly cleaning up after use Razz Also to Karl for suppling the entertainment Laughing maybe find something a bit harder for us the find next time mate lol!
One of the biggest surprises from the weekend was when one of our visitors and renowned Sandman Expert, not mentioning any names ( RODNEY ) was able to settle a long running debate as to whether WB Sandmans exist or not. Check out the photos on this site that confirm the existence of the WB Sandman........ wow2 (He is going to Kill me.)
A big thanks to everyone who pitched in and made it the success it was MV ROCKS elvis

PS. We will make a start on the next one real soon so keep an eye on the Events section.

Rhino
MV Pres.

President 2012 & 2017
Rhino
Rhino
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:46 pm

Well I can not say anymore than what has already been said,a big thankyou to you Russ for your tireless work for this event to happen and to all those behind the scenes to make this happen,I would like to thank Dean for letting me cruise around with him in his EJ van that is one cool van mate.
All I can say is that I have not been to a van in since 87 and this one is at the top of the list,everybody at this event was awesome and the nicest people you could meet,Rob I would like to thankyou for renewing my passion for vanning as I lost it a long time ago but been a member of this great club and the members and friends we have and the awesome weekend we all had well all I can say is I will never lose that passion again it is here to stay.
My wife was over the moon that her PT got an award it was the first thing I pesented to her when I walked in the door,but the biggest surprise was when Rob presented us all with that big sparkly easter egg YUM Razz also thankyou to all the guy's for cooking the food it was great and Andrew I love your pancakes mate they really hit the spot.
P.S.I am hanging out for next year already to be with the MV family Very Happy

Regards Tony.
chev
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  serendipity Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:10 pm

don't forget darren and lee, for taking up the slack and cooking dinner sat night and the pizza train sunday night with the help of many others while i watched mad max gone oops!
and al, i want more mini omelets tomorrow morning please drool
serendipity
serendipity

Back to top Go down

Post  freestyler1 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 12:07 am

serendipity wrote:don't forget darren and lee,
and al, i want more mini omelets tomorrow morning please drool

I've got a menu half scratched out in my head for the next one....
Hope you like Middle Eastern food? No pizza's all BBQ and salad related grub.

Mmmm I'm getting hungry.

Cheers Al. alien alien alien
freestyler1
freestyler1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Wed 18 Apr 2012, 6:25 pm

Thank you Everyone! I am humbled by your kind words and the effort that everyone put in to make the weekend a Great Success! Embarassed

Hopefully there will be many more to equal or better this Event.

I personally would like to Thank Blu for giving me the Inspiration, Advice and Support to tackle this mammoth Task. Many of us had talked about it, but Blu was the one that imparted the Enthusiasm I needed to commit and get things rolling. thanks rock

Unfortunately Blu & Jacqui couldn't make for personal reasons. Sad But desperately wanted to be there and are keen to be at the next one.

Thank You to everyone who called and emailed with their Support and helping out behind the scenes.

Thank You to all who Entered, all who Sponsored and Supported the Event, all who Pitched In to make it a Success and all who made the time to come along and Admire our Passion and our Rides. Without you we would have had nothing.

Congratulations to You All! congrats job

You have a Rare Combination of Spirit, Enthusiasm, Enjoyment and Acceptance of Each Other that is rarely seen these days. Hopefully no one can ever take that away from us.

Keep on Vannin'!

Don't forget to Check out our Sponsor's List when you need anything.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Wed 18 Apr 2012, 6:33 pm

Ps. 33 Vehicles at the Sinners & Saints SINBIN Show & Shine Sunday including 24 Vans and 3 Wagons was absolutely Brilliant!

From the feedback I've had, I'm confident we can Top that at the next one.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  VAN 64 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 8:50 pm

Thanks Russell for the kind words. Yep it was mega disappointing to have to withdraw at the last minute, after putting so many hours into my van to get it right.
On the other hand I am stoked that you managed to pull it off so well and great to read everyone seemed to have enjoyed the event enormously.
So congrats to yourself and all those people and entrants that shaped the Van In and made the event what it was. job I look forward to the next one, whenever that will be and "VooDoo Blues" will be rockin up there then.

Blu.
VAN 64
VAN 64
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down