MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brisbane Majestic vanner flood update

+2
serendipity
greycloud
6 posters

Go down

Brisbane Majestic vanner flood update Empty Brisbane Majestic vanner flood update

Post  greycloud Tue 11 Jan 2011, 9:05 pm

G'day all and thanks Troy for the concern regarding the Brisbane flood situation. Luckily I am on high ground well out of town and away from the floods at this stage. I cannot believe some of the weather up this way lately and the devistation it has caused. I have driven through Toowoomba and the other towns that were hit with the wall of water yesterday on numerous occassions during dry weather. You would never think they would be wiped out like they were by a wall of water. It upsets me to see the damage and to think how the people concerned would have felt as they tryed to save their families. It just goes to show how precious life is!
greycloud
greycloud
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2021!

Back to top Go down

Brisbane Majestic vanner flood update Empty Re: Brisbane Majestic vanner flood update

Post  serendipity Tue 11 Jan 2011, 9:13 pm

glad you are ok, rang my sister tonight, she is in regents park, says she is ok, but her daughter works in brissie, had to leave work ,
serendipity
serendipity
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2024!

Back to top Go down

Brisbane Majestic vanner flood update Empty Re: Brisbane Majestic vanner flood update

Post  greycloud Tue 11 Jan 2011, 9:27 pm

Thanks, Brissy will be a no go zone for the next couple of days. They expect the water to be 25% higher than the 1974 floods. The dam is at 174% and rising, 100% is obviously the safe level so they have to keep letting water go or the wall is under too much strain. Combine that with the wall of water coming down from Toowoomba and a king tide, not good!!
greycloud
greycloud
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2021!

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticXX7 Wed 12 Jan 2011, 1:38 am

Glad to hear you and your family are safe and well mate Smile

Towns can rebuild but it's the lives taken that concern me the most.
MajesticXX7
MajesticXX7
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/RodNResto

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Wed 12 Jan 2011, 9:08 am

Stay safe guys
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Wed 12 Jan 2011, 9:22 pm

Good to hear Glenn, Troy and I were talking about it yesterday. The floods we had were the biggest since 1974 too, but nothing to compare with QLD's. Things can be rebuilt and replaced, the lives are to precious to lose.
Here's hoping we dont lose any more.