MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple usernames..........same person.

+13
Al510
vanner065
Squeaker2
Epic_Dragon
Bowtie383
samin8r
RAT BAG
VANDIL
Special Delivery
Imperfection
Mad Van
The Zodiac
Admin
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Multiple usernames..........same person. - Page 2 Empty Re: Multiple usernames..........same person.

Post  Al510 Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:10 pm

Hi mate,

I know nothing of the history of the old vans being discussed here. It takes guts to own up to this, but you say you started tailgater to defend the origiality of your van. Its strange that tailgater was registered before Vanner065 ?
It still does not seem to add up?

Cheers, Al.

Al510
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

Back to top Go down

Multiple usernames..........same person. - Page 2 Empty Re: Multiple usernames..........same person.

Post  VanGoes Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:58 pm

vanner065 wrote:
...I find it interesting to see the way it has been handled. Should Admin make it public and maybe hope that the colprit or colprits be outed and named and shamed so that others on the site can go in with all guns blazing and have their say on what should be done about it and have the opportunity to hand out a little abuse or should they be more professional about it and contact the user or users directly by phone or email or even PM them and keep it behind closed doors and try to find out why it is being done and come to a conclusion and keep the other users out of it? I think the later is more credible....

I have never been a MODerator or Admin of a Forum/website. BUT...

I am a member of many forums and an active member of most of those. The issue of multiple accounts has been raised on some of those and I have seen different methods of handling the issue.

When I first saw this thread... I was not only surprised that it would happen on this site... but impressed in the manner it was handled!!!

The issue was presented to the members and the identities kept 'UnNamed' and rather than Ban/delete both accounts... only one account was banned.
I could not think of a better or fairer way of handling the issue.

IMHO - In My Honest Opinion...
Admin... Well done.

Jason (VanGoes)
VanGoes
VanGoes

Back to top Go down

Post  simopar Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:48 pm

I admire the fact that you can own up to this James and kudos to you, but at the same time I feel sorry that you felt it was necessary to have to do that in the first place.

The reason I say this, is that the thing I've come to realise in the last year or so is that 'I'm nearly 40 years old and am sick to death of having to prove myself'. This has come about for a number of reasons but mainly family and/or work-based, and my job involves a heap of courtroom time where people are paid a Woopsie of money to try and discredit me regularly so go their hardest, especially cause I'm comparatively young for the job I do. Plus I'm the youngest worker their with 8 people so am always 'the young fella'.

If I was you James (or to any of the other alleged double adaptors) I'd just get on doing what you have to do irrespective of what other people say or think, and not get too hung up on the knockers, unless of course they're the kind we all like. You've proven your Vanability with the Falcon and extensive knowledge base, so mate just get busy building that friggin' XX308 and get it out there for everyone to enjoy again!

The big brick wall that the Van scene in Oz seems to be hindered by is the on-going segregation that is just strangling it. There's bugger all of us left in the first place so lets just get on with being Van fans, and steer clear of this mindgame Woopsie, especially here on MV. It feels like we're the Aussie Van equivalent of the Goodguys in the US, and if thats what has to happen, then so be it. Yesterdays reunion was absolute chiselled proof that there is still a light in the fire that we need to fan into a friggin inferno again!!

Sorry folks, I think I'm getting my period, but its starting to Dribble me off - nothing moreso though than the fact that I've just written a bloody three-part mini series in a thread post which irritates me the most!

As for Dale, please don't refer to him like he's a real person again, that's just too much for me to handle.

Thanks

Simo

simopar
simopar
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post  willzy2905 Wed 30 Nov 2011, 6:19 pm

I reckon if people were respectful of James's knowledge,and ongoing vanning community support,he wouldn't have had to resort to this!

willzy2905
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperfection Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:12 pm

willzy2905 wrote:I reckon if people were respectful of James's knowledge,and ongoing vanning community support,he wouldn't have had to resort to this!
There has been no disrespect on this site, as far as i can see.If you think there has been please link it up,and i will be the first to say sorry.
regards
James
Imperfection
Imperfection
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2017!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:17 pm

OK Guys n Gals.

I usually keep out the politics but it's time to LOCK this Topic before things get out of hand.

I congratulate James for stepping up and taking the Hit on the Chin fair and square. I'm happy to have a Beer with James anytime. Bottoms Up

Willzy, I don't know who you are or even if we've met, and you haven't answered those who have asked. How about you introduce yourself?

It seems Everyone on here at the moment bar one gets along.

We ask for your Respect.

Your positive contribution to this Site will be welcome. Negative contributions will no longer be tolerated and action will be taken.

I trust you accept the above in the manner intended.

If you wish to talk about this further please feel free to PM me with your phone number and I'll give you a call.

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2