MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embeding a youtube video within a post

2 posters

Go down

Embeding a youtube video within a post Empty Embeding a youtube video within a post

Post  HQVAN Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

I want to share with everyone a tip I was told today on embeding a youtube video within your post. I have always just copied the URL and pasted the link for people to follow, but I have seen Jason (VanGoes) post them so that they display and play within the post itself, this is how he explained it to me:

There are a couple of ways to embed a YouTube Vid.
In the button bar above when creating a post, there are options to 'Bold' the text etc... one of the icons looks like a film strip (or a ladder with green squares for those who are too young to know what movie reel film looks like ) and you can use this to bring up a windoid to put the link.

Personally, I just type it...
First...
Copy the URL of the YouTube vid...
Next, in the post you want the vid... Type... [youtube]
Now, paste the URL... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqSmBfHBmKE
Finally, type... [/youtube]

Hope this helps,
Jason

It sounds simple when it is explained, I just never thought to look for the 'insert a video' icon! Embarassed

I am sure that others will appreciate the explanation!, thanks Jason! ff

So for those interested this is how it will display, here is a video I made of members vans mid last year. It needs to be updated, there is alot more of us now!

And here is one from the Victorian State Titles late last year

Cheers,
Karl. Cool
HQVAN
HQVAN
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2022!

Back to top Go down

Embeding a youtube video within a post Empty Re: Embeding a youtube video within a post

Post  Rusty62TransAm Thu 02 Feb 2012, 6:35 pm

Good Work Karl and Jason. thumbsup

Thanks for posting it up. terrific

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down