MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woopsie Rally 2016. Mackay to Hobart

3 posters

Go down

Woopsie Rally 2016. Mackay to Hobart Empty Woopsie Rally 2016. Mackay to Hobart

Post  HGPV Mon 03 Aug 2015, 9:41 pm

So after 3 years of entering finally have been accepted for the Woopsie Rally in 2016.  Should be an epic event.
Bit of background for those who are not familiar;

Goal is to raise money for cancer research, they support a number of groups. Minimum per team is $4k, I am aiming for considerably more. Next year is Mackay to Hobart, about 3500km. My brother and I are going, we are boths techs so we should be fine.
Now the fun bit, you are only allowed to spend a max of $1,000 on a vehicle (not including rego), the worse the better, only allowed 2 people per vehicle so there is room  for passengers when the inevitable happens and cars die!  

Now to choose a vehicle, I had some criteria;

-Old
-Carby
-Points ignition
-Rear wheel drive
-Manual g/box

Now as luck would have I was telling this to a mate, I also added that a Toyota would be great (That's who I work for so could hit up the boss for some sponsorship), also added that a van would be ideal as the first 4 nights will be camping.

Well knock me over with a feather my mate says "Woopsie Boppo, my dad still has that old Toyota camper", couldn't believe my luck, 1980 long wheel base high roof Hiace, still has the bed in the back, he also has the fridge and cook top out of it, he tells me "it was driven to where it sits about three years ago, you will just need to clean the moss of it!", no way !  That's exactly what it needs, has been sitting in a paddock near Tumbarumba, planning to pick it up some time in the next 4-6 weeks.  Will post some pics when I pick it up.

Of course I will need a majestic Vanners sticker on the big girl.  w
Cheers
Boppo
HGPV
HGPV
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Woopsie Rally 2016. Mackay to Hobart Empty Re: Woopsie Rally 2016. Mackay to Hobart

Post  HGPV Fri 07 Aug 2015, 6:04 pm

Just google "shoebox rally 2016" if you are curious, you will find it. All details there
cheers

Boppo
HGPV
HGPV
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Woopsie Rally 2016. Mackay to Hobart Empty Re: Woopsie Rally 2016. Mackay to Hobart

Post  sinbin Fri 07 Aug 2015, 6:35 pm

Sounds like fun Boppo.

It the SH!TBOX RALLY the website is www.sh!tboxrally.com.au spelt correctly.
Filters are a bit tight in this forum.

Regards, Smooth Cool

Van God!!
Van God!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny James Sat 08 Aug 2015, 9:18 am

What ya recon MVers....

I think we as a club could scrap some funds up and donate to the cause. We may have a sticker or two to cover some rust holes up!

Cheers Jon
Jonny James
Jonny James
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post  HGPV Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:11 pm

sinbin wrote:Sounds like fun Boppo.

It the SH!TBOX RALLY the website is www.sh!tboxrally.com.au spelt correctly.
Filters are a bit tight in this forum.

Regards, Smooth Cool

thanks mate
HGPV
HGPV
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down