MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vans taking back over?

+8
serendipity
Wizard429
hell raiser
Imperfection
willzy2905
The Zodiac
Bowtie383
0488TINTER
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Vans taking back over? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vans taking back over?

Post  Denis Cefarin Thu 17 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

Imperfection wrote:OH dear Rolling Eyes
This is a bit like theHolden/Ford debate.Its going nowhere,and its bad for vanning. Sad
rubbish rubbish rubbish Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Denis Cefarin
Denis Cefarin
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty62TransAm Thu 17 Nov 2011, 12:28 pm

Imperfection wrote:OH dear Rolling Eyes
This is a bit like theHolden/Ford debate.Its going nowhere,and its bad for vanning. Sad

I couldn't agree more!

Rusty!
Twisted Evil chev    

Holdens, TransAm Fronts, Custom Mods, Tunnel Rams & 350 Chevs!

At EASTER 2012 and then on the Sept/October Long Weekend since 2013 we've held our Annual Van-Ins.  All Welcome.  
Relive the 80's & Embrace the New Millennium!  
If you haven't been, You've been missing out on one of the Eastern States' Most Popular & Successful Annual Vanning Events!

Check the Events Page to find out what's happening this year!:

We have Chapters in Qld, NSW, Vic, SA and WA.  Club Rego available in QLD, NSW, Vic & SA.
Rusty62TransAm
Rusty62TransAm
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Location : All the way from Hervey Bay to The Beautiful Hamilton Valley & back again!

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com/t57-special-edition-hq-350

Back to top Go down

Post  willzy2905 Thu 17 Nov 2011, 12:29 pm

Fuzz,i didnt mean to ruffle yours or anybody's feathers here,and unfortunately your van was mentioned,and used as an example of what Jade could'nt beat(along with innervisions).I agree with Agro,that we all tend to favour vans that we grew up with,but,in my opinion,i welcome vans from other states,that are truly outstanding.Vans like street legal,innervisions are definately the best to come out of NSW,that i have seen.I'm sure Wizard would be up there with them,as i haven't seen it in person to make that judgement.You or i cant tell how good a van is simply by reading a CV&t magazine,and making jugment from that(or photos).One thing i'd like to do is set the record straight about Jade having a stock body.Jades rear quarters,just past the swage line have been stretched/pumped enough to accomodate 295 rears (and larger if needed)witout any wheel offset modification(i'd hate to think what you could put under there if you played with offsets),but to appear as ''standard''.The front guards have had the same treatment.To some of you,this may not be a big modification,but as far as im concerned,having had cars that have been metal finished,and been associated with metal fabricator/coachbuilders,its no walk in the park to stretch metal to extent that you dont have some form of distortion.Having said that,when you look at jade in person,you'll be pressed to find any flare ups etc,so i get my back up knowing that this modification,yet subtle, was done that correctly,that even after 30 years it still looks like it was done yesterday.When you park Jade next to a ''stock'' bodied van,then this becomes obvious,the diiference in width,so seeing it on its own,or in pictures,will not justify the difference.On another note,having major body modifications,wasn't a sure fire way of being a national winner/contender,It was more of personal preference,yeah some people like it,but it shouldn't mean that if a van doesn't have as many body mods as the next van,but pays more attention to other details,this van should still be considered in high regards.If the body mods were such a high priority in judging,i'm sure that Jade would have had more of them!Its well known that Jade was built according to the judging sheets,so it was obviosly the attention to detail,that were paying the big points.If you start looking a the last 20 years of van nationals winners,you'll see the trend towards detail,and the distancing from the major body mods.Maybe gary knew this before others did,or maybe he was a pioneer in changing the vanning outlook on what a van needs to win a nationals.He was the first (to my knowledge)to make his own chrome chassis rail covers,perpex bonnet,and wheels(who could even comprehend making their own wheels)...in 1982.Tell me another vannats winner in the last 30 years that made their own wheels?,or the other mods just mentioned.Tell me of a street machine/ summernats winner that has made their own wheels(probably recently)you'll be hard pressed to find one.So no matter which way you look at it Jade is one of the pioneering show vans,to challenge the "general consensus'' of what a showvan/national winner should be.And the 85 nats trophy proves it......Cheers

willzy2905
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  0488TINTER Thu 17 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

Denis Cefarin wrote:

Sorry mate, didnt forget ford. Just that im a holden man so i know those vans off the to of my head.

Would expect you to come up with your van Smile
0488TINTER
0488TINTER
Van King!
Van King!

http://www.0488TINTER.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Thu 17 Nov 2011, 1:12 pm

You happy now Willzy, you've said your piece? And explained your point of view, we respect that, now you can start to show other people's opinions the same level of respect we've been curteious enough to show you.
295 tyres fit under standard Holden guards too mate just for future reference.
Cheers Rob

2% Vanner
Rest in Peace Brother!
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post  Denis Cefarin Thu 17 Nov 2011, 3:03 pm

0488TINTER wrote:
Denis Cefarin wrote:

Sorry mate, didnt forget ford. Just that im a holden man so i know those vans off the to of my head.

Would expect you to come up with your van Smile
I just couldn't resist when Imperfection quoted Ford/Holden debate Smile
But i agree with Agro it's what you have bein brought up with and each to their own Ford,Holden,Bedfords,Minis, heavly modified vans or stock i love them all.. I was around in the 70&80's and loved the shows but never right into the scene.Yesterday i saw a eskey van with a canoe on the roof and a boxtrailer full of stuff and i got a kick out of seeing it. I'm here because i love vans and old school cars..But in saying all that i would love to see all the vans from the 70&80's again..
Denis Cefarin
Denis Cefarin
Resident
Resident

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Thu 17 Nov 2011, 4:19 pm

The Zodiac wrote:You happy now Willzy, you've said your piece? And explained your point of view, we respect that, now you can start to show other people's opinions the same level of respect we've been curteious enough to show you.
295 tyres fit under standard Holden guards too mate just for future reference.
Cheers Rob

Rob,295s mesured are 12 inchs with a stock diff on a Q to WB with say a 10inch rim they would be hanging out so you would have to flare the guards,you would be pushing it with an 8 inch rim depending on offset but then they would be bagging.

On my monaro I have 295's but to fit them without flaring the guards the diff was cut down I rolled the lips and I have a 3inch offset on the wheels wich save me from using spacers and no mini tubs.
But I am down sizing them to a 275/60/15 to attract less heat as I think you know what I mean,I have had 3 cars with them on and each tim with the previous 2 I had to flare the guards.
e
Regards Tony.
chev
"leave em"wanting more!
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  willzy2905 Thu 17 Nov 2011, 4:53 pm

Rob,thanks for the reply,and apologies to the others that have had to put up with the rant,i was just trying to set the record straight.Cheers

willzy2905
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Thu 17 Nov 2011, 7:59 pm

Here you go guys 295's under standard guards! Very Happy

Rhino wrote: Had 295x16x50 on 9" rims under standard guards
Vans taking back over? - Page 2 IMG_0899