MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself Here!

+222
Rubes_XX7
VAN005
lambchop
Dylby1
Shorts
LEEVA
350Tunner
chris van
bondan
OLDMAN
Trento1979
dave-atufv8
ambientgoat
Mrs Jezebel
oh five
SS75HJ
collins
Amxg
Ps1wgn
Barneysshirt350
Dickie
LoveJungle
vaniin
yobb
blur1
1000monster
The Judge
spiritoftheage
feral8
whooligan
Teddy lover
crazy_cab
unidakyuss
Dodger
scotty1150
HIKFRD
Mully
RAEME
Ash H
Sam62
GTS Injected
TazMatic
irsa76
TimW65
glennvc
Fatbrosracing
Rohan
lastxc
Steve23
ford1972
Billyboy
V8VAN
CurtEurka
zcambo
Ltd van
gavandcorz
windowlessxd
Panoo
The Original Birdman
B.L.Z.BUB
WantaXBorXC
Kronik
HTVAN
LH253
kingswood.country
Glacier 73
WBvan "Chaunce"
ziggycv8z
charger360
Ubnvs2
jimtomboo
KRUPTOR
garym
johnhsv
master6
pano78
WBsX2
deliverence
Athol
HQU304
Rusty McCrusty
sinbin
Sandstorm78
greycloud
ADR 27a
HBD57L
Mrs HQVAN
BROOKSY
BonesnSkull
David83WB
Corb@Scott
XYs4eva
jaknesslegion
V6HQUTE
sandman 78
Brad HVEH
panoz78
sandmum
QUP
princess77
BurnzyHQPV
burnzljk035
danman01
Bedchev
pharllap
Gregga41
Special Delivery
vantom
Stark
ZOMBEH
fordxf92
oncewerevanners
Magnumhdt
Scott_WB
highwaymenace
Robbo
oldambo1979
Zac689
themadvanner
kittyy
NewBreed
mr5000
xvan
Lana
davenq
searlesy
general44
xagtsedan
77Sandman
77 HZ Ute
Denis Cefarin
Johnlittlejack
webber
DEXMAN
Wizard429
kinkybitch
Dragon
Mans Ruin
Henry
Kiwivan
DilzXCsundowner
mickytap
Stevo
Al510
Time Lapse
vanner065
Russ
mr sinbin
HQVAN
VanGoes
rotary72
vanregal
tailgater
Dago
Forever Young 1
Mrs Serendipity
magnum500
Dirty HO
garrypvn308
MAVTOR
fc59
Squeaker2
HBWC
sjm smaley
David V
No van man
INVADER
dveace
andrew44
KustomCandy
hqpanno72
Red-Pv
revcore
Coasty
Filfee
hk3door
kawalsky19
Gordo
brooksie86
GAZZA
shoey
agro
CURSED
Woo53
ScottyB
57chev
Drew
Nigzy69
feel'n uted
RAT BAG
BBK
Damoruss
simopar
Barbados Green
tastig
Mad Van
Little Nugget
FreeMason
Jonny James
HGPV
FEWY
serendipity
vanman69
Imperfection
MajesticXX7
Epic_Dragon
invincible
vanning trucker
Rusty62TransAm
XTRALO
hxbunny
ozbox
Blue Diamond
Bowtie383
freestyler1
Rhino
pez350
VANDIL
The Zodiac
Teesh
Admin
226 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself Here! Empty Introduce yourself Here!

Post  Admin Tue 09 Feb 2010, 9:22 pm

Hey everybody, just an idea, but how about old members and new members introduce themselves here so everyone knows who they're talking to. Just some basic info will do or as detailed as you want. cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://majesticvanners.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Here! Empty Re: Introduce yourself Here!

Post  Teesh Tue 09 Feb 2010, 9:27 pm

Hey my names Teesh and I'm married to Rob and we own Checkmate.(And a heap of other old bombs!) Laughing My favourite van we've owned was our Mandarin Red HX Sandman, but I liked driving our Blue Gemini van more! Cool
Teesh
Teesh
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2018!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 09 Feb 2010, 9:37 pm

Gday peoples my names Rob, I bought my first van in 1993 ( a Gemini) and have had a heap since! Rangeing from Gemini's to HQ-WB Holdens, we've had around 15 or so vans but we've also built Toranas and other Holden's too! I'm to young to have been around in vanning's heyday but would've loved to have been. We're currently building a HZ Sandman ute and also own Checkmate and a few other toys(rusty crap the wife says!) scratch
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post  VANDIL Tue 09 Feb 2010, 9:45 pm

Hey All, Andrew is my name, Work for Vicroads, Have had a thing for vans since I bought a 1977 HX Sandman when I was 15 in the navy and had plenty of cash and no licence, Kept it untill I was 28 and sold because it just sat in the shed, I am lucky enough to have a brother who lives in Los-Angelos USA and have had many Muscle cars and I am trying to buy a 1970-1973 Z28 Camaro at the moment but cant find a good one under $20.000 yet. I have had heaps of Big Block Holdens and a couple of Monaros and several SS Toranas heaps of utes and Commodores but never really gotten over my Sandman so built my current van and now it is finished have just bought a Gemini van to do up with my son, Married with two boys and 1 Dog, Cheers.
VANDIL
VANDIL
Part of The Furniture
Part of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  pez350 Wed 10 Feb 2010, 5:07 pm

Ok, I can play this... My name is Perry, I live down Geelong way and work in IT. Married to Bernadette I love you (ran away in 2007 and did the deed at Palm Cove, that's a whole other story).

We have a 1981 WB in yellow, with a simple 253 and Aussie 4 speed, and there are plenty of photos around so I won't put any in here.

Over the years I've had mostly Holdens - LJ Torana, LX Torana, various Commodores (VL,VN, VX, VE) and bikes (Yamaha, Ducati). Went the ricer way for a couple of years and bought a new 98 Subaru Impreza WRX, which was loads of fun. Always wanted a van, and when the opportunity came up to buy this one for the right price about 3 years ago, we grabbed it. When I say "always wanted a van", I can remember going to van shows in the 80s, and even did a trip away with the "Garden State Vanners" (what ever happened to them?). Most memorable van from those days would have been Steve's "Van Rat".

The van isn't a daily driver, and gets used to take the surfboard to the beach, or pick up building materials from Bunnings. Once we start work on it, I'll have to find another workhorse to do the dirty stuff!

Other highlights? I have 4 kids from a previous marriage.affraid

Cheers
pez350
pez350
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://gallery.perryr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pez350 Mon 22 Feb 2010, 10:31 pm

So, only 4 people? Poor effort folks! :-)
pez350
pez350
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://gallery.perryr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Tue 23 Feb 2010, 8:06 pm

Hey all my names Brian but everyone calls me Rhino ( long story I may tell you one day ) I own "Icepick" and have done for about 5 years. I've loved Vans since I was about 15 but this is the first one I've owned, mainly Monaros and Premiers in the past and I live on the Central Coast.
Rhino
Rhino
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Back to top Go down

Post  freestyler1 Tue 23 Feb 2010, 11:22 pm

Names Allan
Probably the only South West Mexican online nowadays....

Crazy Holden Panelvan man owned plenty of holdens purchase close to 6-7 vehicles every year.
Owned (bought & sold close to 10) vans.
Usually do probably two utes/ tonners/ vans up threw the year, keeps the dollars ticking in.

Currently have 3 panelvans, in the middle of a hz 355 sandman build, as most of you know just finished the hz sandman ute Moka. About time i buillt another van for myself.
My favourite van would be the "Pink Pig" that was never really pink but 'Magenta' don't get me strarted!!!
I miss getting around in it & this years the year for a registered van for myself.
Building this one for me..... so stay tuned.

Cheers Al. alien alien alien alien alien

Introduce yourself Here! Pinky_10
freestyler1
freestyler1
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Wed 24 Feb 2010, 9:44 pm

I would like to say hello to everyone, and thank Rob for telling me about this forum.
My Name is Tony,and I am from Kingswood nsw just near penrith I used to be a part of the van scene in the 80s and was also a member of the sundowners and I still have a sundowners van plate around here somewhere.

My wife and I was married in 87 and we used vans for the wedding,the main wedding van was dark crystal owned by Keith Pennay I was supposed to use my own but a day before the wedding I took mine out for fuel and it was involved in an accident.

Still to this day Keith and I are still good friends,and driving his van on our day meant a lot as well.

My van was a HZ sandman but it was painted jade green flares on all guards simular to checkmates WB tailights, at first centerlines then later 14x10 and 14x8 strikers with M50x14 Mickey Thompsons and 265 T/As on the front.

It's name was desire and I know that Dennis Anderson now has that name on his van.
I sold it in late 87 and have been out of the scene since then,it ended up in a car yard and the last I seen it after that was going down the great western highway at wentworthville that was in 88 and still looked good.

I would buy it back if it still existed but like others it has pobally met the crusher or waisting away somewhere.

But as I am building a monaro for drag racing I am thinking of a tow car I do have a HQ ute as my daily driver,but the more I think about it a van would be better as I can sleep in it as well when I do a couple of interstate meetings.

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Wed 24 Feb 2010, 9:46 pm

Great to have you on here Tony. Welcome aboard.
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Wed 24 Feb 2010, 9:59 pm

Dark Crystal now that was a nice Van suppose to be out Central West some were, Dubbo I heard ??
Rhino
Rhino
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate Life Member!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome Rob it's good to be here mate.
Rhino,at one stage Keith also heard it was around wellington as well and another story we heard was that it hit a sheep and done some damge to it.

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:19 pm

Dont forget to add some photos up of your old van in the Van Register Tony if you have some. On a different note I picked up a factory sealed 1/20 MPC SLAMMER Van Kit! Theres also pics of my van kits in the general section under vanning collectables. Wink
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:25 pm

Rob, I still have a couple of pics when it was in its first show with the sundowners un finished I will have a look for them when I have time mate.
Good score on the 1/20th van,I will check it out and I am still looking for that 1/16th van big bad van and I know you still have that kit Smile

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:32 pm

Im still on the look out for a Big Bad Van for you mate, but their hasnt been one of ebay in ages and ages, and the last one we got out bid on. Evil or Very Mad
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:42 pm

That's right Rob,I can wait one will come along Smile

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:45 pm

And when it does mate we'll nab it! Laughing I'd like a better box top than Ive got, I bought mine to build but I collect the box tops. Early model box art was great especially the vans and early AMT truck kits.
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Sat 27 Feb 2010, 9:50 pm

Hi my name is Sean. I live with my partner, John, and we have been together for 18 years. We have 4 dogs and 3 cats and I live in Liverpool ( I prefer the St George/Sutherland Shire but sometimes you cant pick where you live).

I have three panelvans. An original EH windowless van that took 8 years to restore (yes Rob a chequebook vanner). There are 5 EH's in my van - various bodyparts and stuff. I am currently restoring a HG van but it wont take 8 years to do like the EH. I also own a VY Sandman ( I know Andrew and Freestyler its not a van but a ute with a canopy but I dont care) and I use that as a daily driver.

I currently work at Tyco Safety Products where we make the green traffic signal boxes you see at traffic lights and re-make safety goggles and safety helmets.

I have been a vanner, on and off for the past 20 years. When I left school, I joined Sin Bin Vanners and we used to meet at Kingsgrove RSL. In the club, we had Jason Dodd, Neil & Cherone Marshall, and Michael Martin, to name a few. I can remember going to the last Pacific Van Club Show at Bass Hill Plaza in 1989. I still have the photos.

I used to go to the Van Nats but lost interest years ago - the judges dont appreciate original vans like Sandmans.

I hope to see you on the road and keep on vanning.
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  ozbox Sat 13 Mar 2010, 12:16 pm

gday guys,i know a few of you here...im greg and i work in newcastle and live down the central coast..i currently have just a few vans...just built myself a daily driver and vehicle to signwrite..heres a couple of pics of some of my vans..
Introduce yourself Here! DSC00988
this one i have bought to resell but if i dont get what i want then i just keep it as its a great toy..
Introduce yourself Here! DSC00996
this one we just built as a daily driver and it needs to be painted and signwritten...it was built from a very damaged wb and a rusty wb ute with chev running gear..
Introduce yourself Here! DSC00850
Introduce yourself Here! DSC00855
Introduce yourself Here! DSC00863
this one is a chopped hj van with hq coupe doors and pillars and screen..its just sitting dry and waiting for something to happen with it...
Introduce yourself Here! MVC-016S-1
this is an hq i bought last year which is next on the list to put on the road..it was painted in 1999 and never finished...
Introduce yourself Here! DSC00787
Introduce yourself Here! DSC00791
there is also a hq sandman but i believe i will be selling that to someone that would like to do an anal resto...as im over anal..

ozbox

http://www.classicozwreck.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Sat 13 Mar 2010, 8:30 pm

Gday Greg good to hear from you again mate, gees you've got quite a collection of vans there be good to catch up again one day soon. Cheers Rob
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  ozbox Mon 15 Mar 2010, 1:09 pm

ay rob,when are you up this way next as i never seem to get out n about...r u goin to all holden day in august as i am taking one van but dunno which it will be...catch ya soon..

ozbox

http://www.classicozwreck.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  hxbunny Tue 13 Apr 2010, 8:03 pm

G'day all, my names Mark, i live in the Southern Highlands of NSW and i recently bought one of Robs 'rust buckets'. Just starting to dismantle van and will try to post some pics. The corrugated iron has been removed and it looks more like a car now Rob lol.

hxbunny
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2026!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Tue 13 Apr 2010, 10:09 pm

Great to have you here Mark, we need to talk numbers to! Give us a ring whenever mate and really looking forward to seeing some update pics as the old girl progresses. Cool
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  XTRALO Wed 19 May 2010, 8:16 pm

G’day all, My name’s George and I found this site via a model car forum some months ago. I’ve never owned a Panel Van but have had several Wagons my first being a 1977 HZ Premier (253, 4 speed manual, GTS instruments). When I bought this car as a 19 year old a 308 was only another $50~$60 but insurance was more than I could really afford back then.
I ended up spending a small fortune on the motor, cam, 4 barrel carby, electronic dizzy ete, etc which only made the car as quick as a good 308. I probably should have bought the 308 Laughing
Reading some of the stories here have brought back some fond memories, I was a member of Wagons United for about 4 years (late 70’s ~ early 80’s) which was a great club to be in at the time.
Ended up selling the car to help finance my first home and have always hoped to buy another HZ at some stage, all I’ve got to do is get my kids to leave home and this may happen one day (3 adult daughters & 1 grandson).
Cheers, George
Introduce yourself Here! Hzpremier

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

XTRALO
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Wed 19 May 2010, 9:39 pm

Mate Im in love with that wagon! cheers