MAJESTIC VANNERS AUSTRALIA INC.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van Nats 2010 - Phillip Island - Who is Coming?

+10
Jonny James
pez350
freestyler1
VANDIL
Elegantly Wasted
Bowtie383
FreeMason
Blue Diamond
The Zodiac
Rusty62TransAm
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Van Nats 2010 - Phillip Island - Who is Coming? - Page 4 Empty Re: Van Nats 2010 - Phillip Island - Who is Coming?

Post  Blue Diamond Wed 07 Apr 2010, 6:54 am

Fres and Rob - I agree with you both.

Fres - I realise I botched up my efforts in assisting you in the 2006 Van Nats but if you are prepared to put that aside and move forward, I am more than willing to help you or anyone else, just as long as I dont become a major contributor. I am terrible in doing that.
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Van Nats 2010 - Phillip Island - Who is Coming? - Page 4 Empty Re: Van Nats 2010 - Phillip Island - Who is Coming?

Post  VANDIL Wed 07 Apr 2010, 8:07 am

Well done for putting your hand up to help Fres, One question but- Doesnt whoever runs the Nats have to submit there plans to the Van Council for approval???, just what I heard someone say and not sure if its true. If it is how do you change things if they are governing it all and you do all the work and they tell you how to Judge and so on.
I thought about putting my name forward with Freestyler for this years event but thought these people( With exception of Fres, Das and his wife) couldnt give a shit about me so why would I help out, A mate owns a caravan park in Lakes Entrance and there is the Drag strip at Bairnsdale but thought better of it. Just my 2 bobs worth,
VANDIL
VANDIL
Part of The Furniture
Part of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  pez350 Wed 07 Apr 2010, 8:39 am

Interesting thread, and it's great that Fres and Rob can say what they think - a healthy debate is a good thing.

I guess there's a couple of things here, but the debate was sparked by the guys from the Latrobe Valley who cruised to the Island and couldn't get into the camping area for a look at the vans and a meet and greet. It would be nice if there was a way this could be handled at future events, and I'm sure we can come up something.

Regarding the judging, I've not been directly involved (as a competitor of judge), however I don't really understand why some vans do as well as they do, and other vans don't. I assume the rules and the criteria are available, so it should be a level playing field. Perhaps as a group we could propose some changes we'd like to see and get a set of rules that we all buy into. The guys with the good vans will not agree, but if nothing is tried, nothing will change.

I know Easter is the traditional time, but it's a bugger of a time - many people have other commitments over the break (I was happy I could go to the Island for a day trip to check things out). Bathurst would be a huge thing (imagine the show and shine along the pit lane. Awesome!

Cheers
pez350
pez350
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://gallery.perryr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Wed 07 Apr 2010, 9:45 am

Fres,remember the day's of the mitchell park van in's now that was a good place to get a lot of vanners together the last one was in 86 if I am right and it was held over the october long weekend.

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383
MAJESTIC VANNER, Proud, Passionate, Paid Up 2023!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Wed 07 Apr 2010, 1:43 pm

Hey Tony Ive got a heapof video footage from the Mitchell Park days that Don Roach took.

Perry I agree about the judging side of things but your wordings a bit off! I dont think the guys with the good vans would object, but Im sure the guys that have been getting the accolades with the ordinary vans will if it stops! Laughing

Andrew I heard that the VCV has to approve the bid to host the nats and "offers" a criteria to run by. Im assuming that the winning bidders could however run the event the way they wanted and provide their own judging system and judges. And perhaps shake things up a little, and who knows maybe make some lasting changes for the better.

I also believe as Ive posted before that Bathurst would be a great venue, but it'll never happen there over Easter, it'd have a chance if you changed the date but all the "real vanners" will piss and moan about it if you did so I guess its a catch 22 situation and will never happen, there are plenty of great alternatives available both in NSW and closer to Vandil and Freestyler.

Sean, I'd also contribute to organising it. I think if you had a decent committee of 5 to 8 people than no one really needs to be over worked and you can share the load.(Theres a valid reason why weve got so many moderators on here! Very Happy ) I dont think you need to have a NSW Van Council to make it happen, just a group willing to work together and get the job done. I appreciate there's a lot of work in it, Im currently organising NSW's largest scale model show which usually has over 500+ entrants in a single day, and Im the only one organising it! So the more the merrier.

Fres, I believe your fence sitting makes you the perfect candidate to pull this together, you know aswell as the rest of us that if MV approached the other NSW clubs for help we'd get help from one and ignored by the other. Which is fine I guess if they dont want to help, than thats their decision, but since their such a large club it'd be nice if they'd contribute or even put a bid in themselves to host it.

This is do-able guys you know it is, Im sure between Fres, Rhino,Vandil,Sean,Perry,SMQQTH,Freestyler,Tony and myself we can do this and if anyone else wants to help out even better, can we extend the list and put in a bid................................................
The Zodiac
The Zodiac
Fallen Vanning Legend, Cruising in Heaven. RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Wed 07 Apr 2010, 1:45 pm

I know Rusty would help.............
and Chris...............
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  VANDIL Wed 07 Apr 2010, 4:18 pm

Well said Rob, I can offer assistance where needed but due to the distance it would hard to help a great deal prior to the event, Maybe we could find a spot in Albury to hold the weekend but would the Victorian clubs attend or do we just have our own in Albury, Food for thought, Love to get toghther with Rob ,Sean again and meet the rest.......
VANDIL
VANDIL
Part of The Furniture
Part of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Wed 07 Apr 2010, 5:11 pm

Rob, I have been out of the van scene for a long time as you know but I have been in committee's in street machine clubs over the year's and helped organise show's.

With an avent like this and with a few that would be more then happy to commit to this I am more then happy to be a part of it.

I have to admit with the pics I have seen a lot has changed over the year's,I agree that some look like they are only street car's but they are still nice van's.

I can't comment on what they are like up close,detail, paint,interior and so on it would be good if this can be done to attract some of the show van's that still exist even if you sell checkmate to a potential owner let him know what is happening and get it back to the nat's and then other's we hope will follow.

I also think that the guy's and girls who have or are restoring their van's like sandmans
and everything from factory stock should be there and reconigse, and a catagory for them as some of us get older we appreciate them more and the effort that goe's into them.

You could really make this a nats to remember, and the best one to maybe if he wan'ts to is fres and all of us work together hey who know's I may have another van by then Smile

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383

Back to top Go down

Post  pez350 Wed 07 Apr 2010, 5:47 pm

Checkmate wrote:Hey Tony Ive got a heapof video footage from the Mitchell Park days that Don Roach took.

Perry I agree about the judging side of things but your wordings a bit off! I dont think the guys with the good vans would object, but Im sure the guys that have been getting the accolades with the ordinary vans will if it stops! Laughing

I stand corrected. :-) BTW - can we edit posts here? I could find a way to fix my mistake...

Checkmate wrote:
Andrew I heard that the VCV has to approve the bid to host the nats and "offers" a criteria to run by. Im assuming that the winning bidders could however run the event the way they wanted and provide their own judging system and judges. And perhaps shake things up a little, and who knows maybe make some lasting changes for the better.

VCV = Van Council of Victoria. Hmmm. Do they own the rights to the "Van Nationals" name? Is there a VCA?

Checkmate wrote:
I also believe as Ive posted before that Bathurst would be a great venue, but it'll never happen there over Easter, it'd have a chance if you changed the date but all the "real vanners" will piss and moan about it if you did so I guess its a catch 22 situation and will never happen, there are plenty of great alternatives available both in NSW and closer to Vandil and Freestyler.

As you'd know, we don't have the October long weekend here in Vic-xico, however I'd be prepared to wag work for a couple of days if it meant catch up in Albury or somewhere similar for a get together.

Checkmate wrote:
This is do-able guys you know it is, Im sure between Fres, Rhino,Vandil,Sean,Perry,SMQQTH,Freestyler,Tony and myself we can do this and if anyone else wants to help out even better, can we extend the list and put in a bid................................................

Would love to see something happen, and happy to work with the people on this forum.
pez350
pez350
Majestic Vanner
Majestic Vanner

http://gallery.perryr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  freestyler1 Wed 07 Apr 2010, 11:17 pm

pez350 wrote:
As you'd know, we don't have the October long weekend here in Vic-xico, however I'd be prepared to wag work for a couple of days if it meant catch up in Albury or somewhere similar for a get together.

Me too Perry,
I'd be more than happy to wag work for a few days too meet in Albury in October....
Maybe we should scratch in a October date for a get together, an unofficial, un-esky, Mexican & MV, Un-Van, potential VCA Nats.... whoa that's a mouth-full, would be hard to print on a badge....!!!

No trophies, No judging, No b.s & No Eskys!! lol!
Just Vanners, enjoying what they do best, bugger all & drinking beer!

Thats my two and half bobs worth.

Cheers Al.
freestyler1
freestyler1
Majestic Vanner. Proud, Passionate and Paid Up!

Back to top Go down

Post  VANDIL Thu 08 Apr 2010, 11:47 am

Keen to have a go at this but no B/S, come on Al, We all love to have a good crap on but I know what Bullshi$ you where meaning, this could work guys if it was central like Albury way, What you think Russell is there anywhere good for our activity?????...
VANDIL
VANDIL
Part of The Furniture
Part of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Thu 08 Apr 2010, 6:58 pm

Cmon Fres, dont start something then walk away. You in or not mate your the key ingredient in this mix, your the neutral negotiator that this bid needs or it wont happen.
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Thu 08 Apr 2010, 8:12 pm

Guy's just a question how many van clubs still exist in NSW,I know my old club the sundowners still do and magestics as what I am reading there is a problem with a large club that would probally not come on board?

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowtie383 Thu 08 Apr 2010, 8:13 pm

Tony wrote:Guy's just a question how many van clubs still exist in NSW,I know my old club the sundowners still do and majestics as what I am reading there is a problem with a large club that would probally not come on board?

Regards Tony.
Bowtie383
Bowtie383

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Fri 09 Apr 2010, 12:53 am

3 clubs Tony, that I know of:
1 Majestics
2 Sundowners
3 East Coast Vanners.

Anyone know of any more? Question

The club Tony that I doubt very much would help would be ECV. But thats a long story. Rolling Eyes
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Fri 09 Apr 2010, 1:10 am

But I think even if they didnt want to help we still have enough numbers to organise this. Wink
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Elegantly Wasted Fri 09 Apr 2010, 2:02 am

The end of a long day and my Friday is going to start in just three hours...

Don't have much time during the week for this type of thing but here are two things to consider...

In 1999, we needed to find $25,000 to cover the costs to run the Van Nationals.
We have a contact at AWEC and they are almost begging us for an event - http://www.awec.net.au/

Back on the weekend...
Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Elegantly Wasted Sun 11 Apr 2010, 12:09 am

Just kickin' back on the weekend, some free time and a drink in hand. Looks like I'm here at the wrong time...
Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  freestyler1 Sun 11 Apr 2010, 12:52 pm

The equestrian place looks interesting.....
Did it really cost 25k to get the the 1999 Nationals up & going?

Besides the obvious overheads of merchandise & maybe location rental.......
I thought the rest would be fairly sponsor covered?

or am i being nieve to running one of these events?

I'm happy to support either the Maldon or Albury event..... & happy to help where possible....

Cheers Al
freestyler1
freestyler1

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Sun 11 Apr 2010, 11:06 pm

Its good that the Equestrian Centre is looking for an event to be held at their place? I always wanted to go for a nag. lol! lol!

What year were you proposing to run an event there? 2011? or 2012?

I have heard that the 2011 Van Nats will be at Phillip Island again. That means 2012.

As you know Fres, it takes more than 12 months to pull off an event like the Nats, which means we need to start planning NOW.
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  freestyler1 Sun 11 Apr 2010, 11:38 pm

Is that true bout Phillip island again next year???

No confirmation on 'Aust Vanning' site - home of the Nationals....

Al
freestyler1
freestyler1

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Mon 12 Apr 2010, 5:58 am

Thats what I have heard about Phillip Island from a vanner who went to the Nats this year.
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Zodiac Mon 12 Apr 2010, 9:04 am

You could organise it in under 12 months, its called having a go. We just had our show over 650 entries all done and judged in a day. Over 4K for charity, 2nd largest show in the country, organised by 1 person in under 6 months. Rolling Eyes
Cmon Fres just give a definate yes or no if your keen and we'll do it. lets do next years event. If you dont want to help out just say so and we'll let the Vics keep the event and not worry about it.
25K seems a bit high, the nats needs a good shake up.
The Zodiac
The Zodiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Mon 12 Apr 2010, 5:34 pm

i think i read somewhere on vanners new website something about a nsw van thingy happening.
what was the outcome of this.
wasn't that set up for a nationals.
wayne

Wayne
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Diamond Tue 13 Apr 2010, 6:53 am

Come on Fres, dont just sit back and wait and wait until the last minute.

Yes it is hard to imagine, considering all of the past infighting, but we need your cooperation and assistance to move forward.

If we, as MV, do the Nats, it could lead to a better understanding with ECV.

It might, might, lead to a joint run one day but you need to stand up and confirm your assistance.
Blue Diamond
Blue Diamond
Van King!
Van King!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next